Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Lone Wolf Gamebooks Thread

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
That is weird, 'cause everyone liked that program that let you play the books. I enjoyed it a lot! Good find, thanks.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Are you gonna blame him for not being able to find them with our terrible search?
(In before Infinitron defends the search.)

CreamyBlood

Arcane
I installed this on my phone a little while ago. Haven't finished the first book (forgot I had it) but it's a lot more interesting than all the other piss easy ones I've tried out. You actually die in it more frequently than usual. Nice map too. I think it's worth it. (Free)

Lhynn

Arcane
No idea why my thread got merged into this one, mine is about both the android and the pc version and im not only giving info and links for both, but also asking for peoples opinions. Hopefully a merge into this thread wont murder the almost non existent interest in these books.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
No idea why my thread got merged into this one, mine is about both the android and the pc version and im not only giving info and links for both, but also asking for peoples opinions. Hopefully a merge into this thread wont murder the almost non existent interest in these books.

'k

Well... It seems like the general consensus here is that the base material is excellent and only improved by a better UI.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your grievance, but I fail to see why you're butthurt about the merge.

Edit: Also "search" does suck shit, and is an entirely viable reason for double-threading.

Lhynn

Arcane
My problem is that it wont really get noticed, and id like it to, because its good.

Don Peste

Arcane
ghost-galleon.gif

Cael

Arcane
Speaking of which: What happened to the Mongoose Dever's Cut version of the books? Last I heard, they were selling, then had distribution problems and then things died down.

Dedup

Augur
Mongoose stopped doing them after about book 17. After that a German publisher, Mantikore-Verlag, continued until around book 22. I think Joe Dever then decided to create Holmgard Press to publish his new books and finish the collector's edition of the originals. His son is running that now and has released up to book 27 along with some new books based on Joe's notes. Holmgard Press is also releasing definitive editions of the Kai series. I'm not sure how far they're going to go with that but they have preorders for the first 3 books.

Cael

Arcane
I thought Dever was going to go up to Book 32 as part of the Mongoose deal?

Dedup

Augur
I think that was the intention. I don't know what happened with the Mongoose deal but the new books are being produced under Holmgard Press. Joe managed to publish book 29 before he passed away and books 30 and 31 were published by his son. I assume Joe's son will write and publish book 32 based on his father's notes like he did for the other 2.

Cael

Arcane
OK. I will have to look into it and maybe order the entire series with all the new additions.

I have the entire original 1-27 run, first editions. Would be nice to see what changed, now that he isn't limited by that 350 sections max thing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom