Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline The List of Incline (Now with a poll)

Which of these games are you looking forward to? (multiple responses allowed)

• Total voters

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Darn, I voted but forgot to vote for Swords & Sorcery: Sovereign :rpgcodex:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Hell, half the good cRPGs I've played I've probably played after joining the Codex.

We differ in that. I've yet to play a cRPG after first discovering it here/having it recommended by the Codex—largely because I've already played many of them.

Then again, I've been registered for less than six months.

I can honestly say I would have never played KotC if not for this place. I simply wouldn't have known it existed. Plenty of other games like that for me.

80Maxwell08

Arcane
Hell, half the good cRPGs I've played I've probably played after joining the Codex.

We differ in that. I've yet to play a cRPG after first discovering it here/having it recommended by the Codex—largely because I've already played many of them.

Then again, I've been registered for less than six months.

I can honestly say I would have never played KotC if not for this place. I simply wouldn't have known it existed. Plenty of other games like that for me.
I actually heard about KotC on another forum but I don't remember which one. The Escapist probably since that's where I was most of the time before leaving that site. Never did get it though since there's so many other games I need to get around to playing.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Same here. I'd also heard of KotC, probably on TIGSource.

I've developed a habit over the years of spending a few hours every couple of months reading through dozens of pages of indie game blogs. I comb through other databases/aggregates as well from time to time. Thanks to that, hardly a game exists that I haven't at least heard of.

I don't read any of the big gaming news or "journalism" sites, though.

stony3k

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
It's probably too late to save the Kickstarter for the game, but I like Lex Lazer game could be good. It's a turn based scifi game with an emphasis on tactical combat and puzzles. There are a couple of updates out that seem more positive. It's too bad small developers don't get a fair shake in KS.:mad:

Deleted member 7219

1. Torment: Tides of Numenara
Just look at the people working on it. Story-focus, reactivity, choices and consequences, define who your character is. Sounds like a true RPG along the lines of Torment, Bloodlines, Fallout etc

2. Project Eternity
Same as above, and I'm an Obsidian fanboy.

3. Wasteland 2
Same as above.

4. Age of Decadence
Very impressed by the demo, and I think the writing and achieve-stuff-through-dialogue is great (as are the Fallout-like perks for achieving certain things in game).

5. Dead State
I trust in Mitsoda.

6. Shadowrun Returns
Harebrained seem like bros, and I like what I've seen from the screenshots and the video.

7. Divinity: Original Sin
I own Divinity and Divinity 2 but haven't completed them, but mainly I just want Larian to stay alive. Sounds interesting though, if there really are choices and consequences and lots of reactivity. If it is just generic hack n slash, I'll be disappointed.

Deleted member 7219

Nice use of quote mining to make it look like I said something I didn't.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hard to make turn based hack and slash.

But not impossible. Just look at Fallout. :troll:

Redcap

Novice
For the record Expeditions: Conquistador has a revised release date of May 30th, and Legends of Eisenwald has a rather more tentative one, perhaps best paraphrased as: "sometime in September... Maybe."

Maiandros

Learned
Possibly Retarded
voted for DoS alone and that due to the editor shipping with it, much as it is a practice i usually disagree with..i backed them in KS, i wish them the best, but i am honestly getting tired of shallow humour attempts, and/or deeply engrossing moral dilemmas of abyssmal a dire consequence..of killing elves, dwarves, half elves, drow elves, monsters skinned blue, or monsters skinned in a new (!!!11!!1) blue..backed 4 more projects due to personal ethics, but expect nothing new, and at best (in case of Numenera) a story that would have given me the boner; Bout 10,15 years ago..not today, not anymore..:)

{enter newfag insults here

end}

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
yerli.png

Severian Silk

I don't think the list should be updated since those of us who voted can no longer do so again. Instead, why not create another? Or maybe a quarterly (every 3 months) list?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom