Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter The Legends of Eisenwald Thread

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Finished the main campaign a week or so ago and I loved it (and have spare coins sitting around in Steam wallet), so :d1p:

I guess its just an additional campaign with no fancy improvements or additions or thingies?

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hmmh. I bought the Season Pass about two hours ago, but nothing has been downloaded so far. Can't see the Road to the Iron forest in the game either. Will it just take time or is there a glitch somewhere?

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
Hmmh. I bought the Season Pass about two hours ago, but nothing has been downloaded so far. Can't see the Road to the Iron forest in the game either. Will it just take time or is there a glitch somewhere?
Try it now, I just fixed it 20 minutes ago. I couldn't figure out how to connect DLC to season pass but thankfully fokls at Valve helped me out!

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Will there be a Humble Bundle update for the KS Backers? Or do we have to go the Russian Spambot Roulette route and give our emails on Steam to get the keys?

EDIT: Found the season pass this morning on my LoE HB page. Cool stuff!:)

Last edited:

Archibald

Arcane
As I understand existence of season pass hints that there are going to be additional DLCs?

I stalk the night
Patron
This season pass will give you access to the extra content we will make for this game until the end of Summer 2016 (and possibly longer).

It will include at least 3 DLCs including the Road to Iron Forest. Future DLCs will contain new maps and new stories that are happening in locations close or far from the main campaign lands.

WARNING:
We do not advise buying this if you do not wish to support the development and creation of extra content. The more we sell of the season pass and DLCs, there is a greater chance that we are able to create more content.

Archibald

Arcane
Try it now, I just fixed it 20 minutes ago. I couldn't figure out how to connect DLC to season pass but thankfully fokls at Valve helped me out!

A bit unrelated, but saw your game today on GOG and insta bought it, then realised that its "coming soon" and now I'm not entirely sure when that "soon" is, is it 11th of November till when buyers get DLC for free or some later date?

Edit: Never mind, GoG's interface fooled me.

Last edited:

Saxon1974

Prophet
Just started playing this as I was in the mood for a Medieval game. I kickstarted it but I have a large backload of games already so took a while to try it out.

I have to say I am rather impressed, very nice looking and I really like the aspect of playing as a Knight with lands to go around and conquer. Only played a few hours so far but really enjoying it, will post more impressions as I play more..

Curious what other DLC's you have planned? I just got the Iron Road one.

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
Just started playing this as I was in the mood for a Medieval game. I kickstarted it but I have a large backload of games already so took a while to try it out.

I have to say I am rather impressed, very nice looking and I really like the aspect of playing as a Knight with lands to go around and conquer. Only played a few hours so far but really enjoying it, will post more impressions as I play more..

Curious what other DLC's you have planned? I just got the Iron Road one.
There is one more story driven DLC and we made a huge map for the third one where we will be experimenting a little I guess. I don't want to disclose too many details, we will announce it later.

amurath

Educated
Are any of the DLCs going to expand on the main campaign story or will they be standalone adventures set in the same universe?

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
Are any of the DLCs going to expand on the main campaign story or will they be standalone adventures set in the same universe?
They are standalone. The main story is on one hand pretty much done, on another hand it's hard to expand it - one map will not be enough and this is something for a proper expansion. And an expansion is something we cannot afford right now, so these standalone maps are the only thing we can do at the moment. The second one will be ready soon, the third one is half done, there is a map.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They are standalone. The main story is on one hand pretty much done, on another hand it's hard to expand it - one map will not be enough and this is something for a proper expansion. And an expansion is something we cannot afford right now, so these standalone maps are the only thing we can do at the moment. The second one will be ready soon, the third one is half done, there is a map.
Alex,
Can I get a GOG key as I prefer my games there. :obviously:

Archibald

Arcane
Got it running on my shit laptop. Couple of issues (that might have been mentioned already):

Tooltip information doesn't fit the screen if the icon that I'm hovering over is near the left boarder of the screen.
Some archers have double shot ability, but damage is shown after first hit and enemy units do not have any additional "impact" effect on second hit. Due to this at first it looked like animation are glitching out till I realized that this is supposed to be 2x shot.
In tutorial you can't visit church/inn before said so, it would be cool that in such case icon of the castle (showing that you can interact with building) would be greyed out or crossed, since at first I tried to visit the church to heal wounds after first combat and wasn't sure why I couldn't enter it.

Other than that had fun couple of hours so far.

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
When will you be sending out the GOG keys? Also, are Kickstarter backers getting the season pass or just the first DLC? Don't mind either way as I'm more than willing to pay more to hopefully help fund additional content. :hug:
We are sending GOG keys on Kickstarter, but I sent you one here! Backers $35+ tiers are getting season pass, all others the first DLC.

SirSingAlot

Arbiter
played through chaper 2, aside from the vassal quest(s) that i found a bit too straight forward an non-varied, i actually had a good time.
the graphics are nice, lore and setting is very well done, combat...dunno, the movement restrictions felt out of place, other than that it worked out well and combats are resolved fast, which i liked.

i grinded my way through everything and assembeled a sweet goup of fellowers that i equipped, trained and became familiar with.
enjoyed the Raubritter appearances (even thought they got crushed by some of my castle defenses that were top notch because i had to place my team in the garrison due to some sidequest).

after all i looked forward to the next acts, because i really liked the game

now on to act 3.

and i now just loose everything i grinded 5+hrs for? without a warning, hint or whatnot? units, equipment for them, gold?
are you fucking kidding me?
when i play faster through the next act this may or may not happen again?

thats just bullshit

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Your hero's gear and skills will be intact, and frankly, if you could keep gear and units persistent, you'd just roflstomp the game.

SirSingAlot

Arbiter
i understand you cannot keep your leveled fellowship intact due to balancing issues, but the way its done is not very elegant and i am sure one could have found a better solution to achieve this.

furthermore it comes out of nowwhere and at times it doesnt even make sense or is needed, like after the run away scenario when you have the tiny wood map with the undead.
some of your men flee, seconds later you are in another map where you can easily recruit similar companions.
just.why.

personally, i get attached to some party members and always having to replace them for some or no reason is just annoying and it makes solving sidequest and the like not very rewarding if you are stripped of everything the next map anyways

it also leads to the strange benefit of trying to just level your main char and not share too much exp between the group to max things out.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom