Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Prosper The Legend of Candlewind, a turn-based, first-person dungeon crawler (yup, it's shovelware)

GlutenBurger

Cipher
25ozbe1.jpg

Thieves finally get a dual lockpick skill. RPGs will never be the same again.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
I, for one, welcome a roster full of norwegian metalheads, fuck those who want faggy elves in their party, nobody has time to shave his beard when dungeoning

mondblut

Arcane
That reminds me of my old parties in goldbox series. Completely with all black dresses and white faces. Ah, to be young again...

mondblut

Arcane
Now I want someone to make a black metal RPG - that would be amazing.

What would be a black metal RPG like?

Evil opening vignette in ToEE, when you're coming back from a joyful churchburning sojourn.

Actually, since black metal is totally inspired by Tolkien and D&D, you can safely say RPGs are already black metal. Moreover, they are all about becoming an ubermensch and slaughtering everyone who stands on your way. Of course, it is veiled as being done "for the greater good", but hey, what's good for me good is?

MCA
Maybe. The most central themes to black metal are suffering, misanthropy and antireligion. There is no "greater good" but constant strife. In that context, I guess you can say the destinies of Morgoth and Sauron are the embodiment of black metal.

Gord

Arcane
Everyone, including the troll, has the same face.

In that it reminds me a little bit of Age of Decadence...
(Which is really my only complaint with the otherwise great portraits in AoD)

MCA
Maybe. The most central themes to black metal are suffering

Make it "causing suffering to others". Whiny goths do not belong to black metal.

Yes but whiny emofag goths do not suffer, they whine while being overly preoccupied by how they look. Suffering is an important theme in both eastern and western philosophy. It's often seen as a tool for self-purification, enduring and growth.

And let me help you regain a memory:

"Endure. In enduring, grow strong"

mondblut

Arcane
Maybe. The most central themes to black metal are suffering

Make it "causing suffering to others". Whiny goths do not belong to black metal.

Yes but whiny emofag goths do not suffer, they whine while being overly preoccupied by how they look. Suffering is an important theme in both eastern and western philosophy. It's often seen as a tool for self-purification, enduring and growth.

And let me help you regain a memory:

"Endure. In enduring, grow strong"

This begs to be answered with "THE WEAK SUFFER. I ENDURE." :smug:

vorvek

Augur
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I don't want to discuss hairstyles, but... is there -any- more information about the game anywhere? Only thing I've found is that they're releasing it after their BoD remake, and this minotaur fuck in the screens section of Gamespot:

S845yfk.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom