Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread

HammyTheFat

Scholar
I've always naturally assumed that DAI was developed as an MMO and then get retrofitted into single-player like Lords of the Amalur, but when I stated this in this very thread years ago, some people (I think Rougay) gave me shit for it, and posted "proofs" that this wasn't really the case.

I'm still mystified to this very day.
It's always been funny to me that amalur has a better gameplay loop and quests than inquisition despite one of them not even being designed as a single player rpg.

I highly doubt DAI was intended to be a MMO at any point. Keep in mind that their star wars MMO was released three years before inquisiton.

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
The gayme keeps shitting out these "special requsitions" that I never asked for, and gives me unbelievably hideous weapons and armor that I just sell immediately. The latest "pearl" was a ginormous red lyrium staff (I thought that stuff is extremely toxic and dangeous?) and swords.

The hideousness of dragon fag cisquisition is not limited to goblin faces and retarded nobles' outfits.
Shut the fuck up
Don't worry, I'm already at the part where you go to investigate the Grey Wardens' disappearance with Hawke and Kain Logaine, I'm very close to the end!

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
I've always naturally assumed that DAI was developed as an MMO and then get retrofitted into single-player like Lords of the Amalur, but when I stated this in this very thread years ago, some people (I think Rougay) gave me shit for it, and posted "proofs" that this wasn't really the case.
They were right. There was a call mid development to make the game cross-gen rather than Xbone/PS4 only, a substantial amount of content and mechanics were cut and hastily replaced with the "Collect 10 bear asses" MMO filler we ended up with.
There's still some pre-release footage out there you can watch:

9ted6

Educated
They were right. There was a call mid development to make the game cross-gen rather than Xbone/PS4 only, a substantial amount of content and mechanics were cut and hastily replaced with the "Collect 10 bear asses" MMO filler we ended up with.

I still remember when they were talking about how Inqusition would have detailed ship sailing mechanics and naval combat.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

That video makes me a bit sad, I vaguely remember it from the time, and having a sense of anticipation :(

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Ok, so the heart dialogue option is the romance option. I hadn't realized that, thinking it was just a "friendly" reaction, and have apparently been romancing everyone in the Inquisition. One of them came after me with explanations.

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
* demanding explanations.

Anyway, why is everyone romanceable? Is every character omnisexual? Even Cullen? Even Cassandra, even though I am male?!

9ted6

Educated
Ok, so the heart dialogue option is the romance option. I hadn't realized that, thinking it was just a "friendly" reaction, and have apparently been romancing everyone in the Inquisition. One of them came after me with explanations.
Don't worry, they won't get mad at you. They're all playersexual and polygamous because that's hecking hecktacular like the awesome button.

They're actually not all playersexual and the fact Cassandra's straight actually pissed off a lot of DAI's fanbase, because in their minds DA is supposed to be the most woke and mostly gay sex positive fantasy setting to ever exist next to BG3.

Poseidon00

Arcane
DAI insulted the players with their romance options by making all of them butt fucking ugly and half of them gay. Cassandra? Sarah? Really? Vivienne was the only semi interesting one of the lot and was, of course, not available.

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Just say Cassandra stop idk why the fsggots say "Cass".

They also ruined that character making her look like am ugly dyke with the ugliest voice/accent I've ever heard. It's a shame because she was one of the only companions in all of DA:I who actually fit the setting a bit (ignoring the stupid smut story lover thing).

VerSacrum

Educated
DAI insulted the players with their romance options by making all of them butt fucking ugly and half of them gay. Cassandra? Sarah? Really? Vivienne was the only semi interesting one of the lot and was, of course, not available.
Meanwhile the girl options were big dick gigachads, dreamy elf twinks and prince charmings, so pretty much all preferences covered
Also, friendly reminder that the notorious sodomite David GAYder called people who demanded a romance with the dwarf scout sexual deviants

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Oh, Cassandra is neither lesbian nor playersexual, and if I was a degenerate who picks female protagonists, she wouldn't be into "me"?

I'm getting severe cognitive dissonance from this game. They design a character to look and act like the most obvious dyke this side of the Netherlands, but then make her heterosexual. Then they take Cullen, who is the only seemingly-normal White guy apart from Blackwall (who I hope isn't romanceable), and make him gay/playersexual.

And I'm not even going to begin guessing about Iron Bullshit (I remember seeing a "heart" option at some point in his dialogue, and I didn't pick it solely because I detest the Qunari and want them wiped off the face of Thedas, it didn't even occur to me that he is romanceable by anyone, let alone by a male human mage).

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Oh, Cassandra is neither lesbian nor playersexual, and if I was a degenerate who picks female protagonists, she wouldn't be into "me"?

I'm getting severe cognitive dissonance from this game. They design a character to look and act like the most obvious dyke this side of the Netherlands, but then make her heterosexual. Then they take Cullen, who is the only seemingly-normal White guy apart from Blackwall (who I hope isn't romanceable), and make him gay/playersexual.

And I'm not even going to begin guessing about Iron Bullshit (I remember seeing a "heart" option at some point in his dialogue, and I didn't pick it solely because I detest the Qunari and want them wiped off the face of Thedas, it didn't even occur to me that he is romanceable by anyone, let alone by a male human mage).
Iron Bull is literally only there for the coal burners who want to fuck a beast.

They also needed to add some progressive, tranny tolerating guy into the militant Islam religion of Thedas.

9ted6

Educated
They also ruined that character making her look like am ugly dyke with the ugliest voice/accent I've ever heard. It's a shame because she was one of the only companions in all of DA:I who actually fit the setting a bit (ignoring the stupid smut story lover thing).
She actually had a good design in DA2. She wasn't cutesy and looked like a fighter should, but she wasn't gigachad man-faced either.
CassandraPentaghast.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom