Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread

Skinwalker

*teleports into you*
Patron
Village Idiot
I might give DAI another go and try to finish it this time... maybe if I skip most of the generic fetch-quests, I'll have fun laughing at how terrible it is... it is available on PS4... and I'm a known masochist...
Why am I doing this to myself?
rating_negativeman.png

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
I might give DAI another go and try to finish it this time... maybe if I skip most of the generic fetch-quests, I'll have fun laughing at how terrible it is... it is available on PS4... and I'm a known masochist...
Why am I doing this to myself?
rating_negativeman.png
If you have to play it you should at least do it on PC so you can install the mod that lets you skip wait times in the war table, it doesn't make the game good but it does at least make it less frustrating.

Skinwalker

*teleports into you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Ok, I made it through the prologue and intro to the Hinterlands. Maybe if I recruit Blackwell ASAP, and have him, Varrick and Cassandra in my all-male party, and never interact with any other companions ever, I can get through this shitshow without developing a stomach ulcer.

Although I've already made the mistake of talking to Solas the demon-apologist. Apparently, anything that spirits do that's wonderful is a testimony to how wonderful spirits are, but anything they ever do that's terrible like turning into demons is the fault of humans/mortals for existing. I don't think the game is self-aware enough to realize that this goblin is a complete hypocrite and misanthrope. Miselfthrope?

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Ok, I made it through the prologue and intro to the Hinterlands. Maybe if I recruit Blackwell ASAP, and have him, Varrick and Cassandra in my all-male party, and never interact with any other companions ever, I can get through this shitshow without developing a stomach ulcer.

Although I've already made the mistake of talking to Solas the demon-apologist. Apparently, anything that spirits do that's wonderful is a testimony to how wonderful spirits are, but anything they ever do that's terrible like turning into demons is the fault of humans/mortals for existing. I don't think the game is self-aware enough to realize that this goblin is a complete hypocrite and misanthrope. Miselfthrope?

No matter how much latent homosexuality you fill your group with... you still have to play DA:I's combat with DA:I's """exploration""" and deal with it's (thankfully short) "story".

It's an abandoned MMO that got filled with soyjerk trash in 6 months to salvage something EA could give to shareholders. It gets worse as you go. The further you play, the more it wears you down, the more cringe it gets, the lazier they were..

Playing this game is pure endurance.. I've tried 3 or 4 times and I always give up a little earlier than before.

Skinwalker

*teleports into you*
Patron
Village Idiot
I will finish it this time! And the expansions! I will ironically embrace the cringe, and overcome the libtardation!

*flagellates xirself*

One thing I'm wondering is, should I recruit the horrible companions like (may allah forgive me for uttering this word) Sera, or leave them out of the playthrough whenever possible?

Skinwalker

*teleports into you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Getting pretty sick of all the liberal reformists who scoff at their "centuries-old tradition and ceremony" and all have bright ideas on how to remake the Chantry, tbh. And their casual blasphemy, irreverence, and clear lack of actual faith in the Maker. Leliana openly defies the Maker because he did not intervene to miraculously save her Popess (who was already very old) when the temple exploded, even though a fundamental tenet of the Chantry is that the Maker does not intervene in the affairs of the world until the whole world comes to believe in him.

Or, as (((Yatzhee))) called them in his review, "a bunch of religious fanatics". This is what passes for religious fanaticism in shitlib minds.

9ted6

Educated
Getting pretty sick of all the liberal reformists who scoff at their "centuries-old tradition and ceremony" and all have bright ideas on how to remake the Chantry, tbh. And their casual blasphemy, irreverence, and clear lack of actual faith in the Maker. Leliana openly defies the Maker because he did not intervene to miraculously save her Popess (who was already very old) when the temple exploded, even though a fundamental tenet of the Chantry is that the Maker does not intervene in the affairs of the world until the whole world comes to believe in him.

Or, as (((Yatzhee))) called them in his review, "a bunch of religious fanatics". This is what passes for religious fanaticism in shitlib minds.
Wait until you find out there is no Maker and the annoying hypocrite elf you have in your group is part of another group of primordial hypocrite elves who're the actual Makers.

Spoiler, but the whole game's spoiled like rank garbage. It never gets better and it's never even funny bad, it's just bad.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I agree with the criticisms of the game obvs, but I will maintain that the Dwarf DLC is good, and (rather sadly) shows what the game could have been.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
One thing I'm wondering is, should I recruit the horrible companions like (may allah forgive me for uttering this word) Sera, or leave them out of the playthrough whenever possible?
The answer to this depends purely on your level of masochism and self loathing.

If you really are going to insist on using Sera though, she is best paired up with Solas, the only somewhat redeeming quality of Seras is she is a self loathing elf so often clashes with mr elf supremacist.

Skinwalker

*teleports into you*
Patron
Village Idiot
I am definitely not using Sera, just wondering if I should recruit xir or tell xir to take a hike.

I'll probably recruit and never have it as a party member.

Skinwalker

*teleports into you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Ugh, I forgot how much this game licks the PC's ass when the transition to Skyhold occurs. You are sooooooo amazing, player, I mean player character!! We'd all be dead without you! Please lead our all-purpose liberal reform militant organization, even though you're a mage/elf/dwarf/qunari!

Last edited:

jackofshadows

Magister
That's cheap sure but do you not like when your ass being licked? They couldn't give attractive female characters who wants to jump your bones because *reasons* but at least they tried to make it as a power fantasy via other ways.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
It is also marvellous how you roam around and claim castles, quarries, mills etc. left and right. Sorry empeorr, now my flag is here, you have plenty of land to spare.

9ted6

Educated
That's cheap sure but do you not like when your ass being licked? They couldn't give attractive female characters who wants to jump your bones because *reasons* but at least they tried to make it as a power fantasy via other ways.
The real power fantasy is its diversity

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I actually finished DA:I, I think? Somehow.

Wasn't worth it.

The only thing I remember about the game was taking a long break from playing after that cringe singing cutscene in the mountains.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

Wasn't worth it.

The only thing I remember about the game was taking a long break from playing after that cringe singing cutscene in the mountains.
Do you mean Alfira?

She was annoying on purpose, you can shrug a potion of animal speaking and hear what the squirrels have to say, and you can get rid of her.

No it's the part where you're camping up in the snow after the big bad wipes out your original base.

Ryzer

Arcane

Wasn't worth it.

Do you mean Alfira?

She was annoying on purpose, you can shrug a potion of animal speaking and hear what the squirrels have to say, and you can get rid of her.

No it's the part where you're camping up in the snow after the big bad wipes out your original base.
Nevermind, I thought it was the Baldur's Gate 3 thread, hard to tell the difference these days.

My mistake, I hereby remove my post.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

Wasn't worth it.

Do you mean Alfira?

Aaaargh! I had buried that traumatic memory, thanks for reminding me lol

Skinwalker

*teleports into you*
Patron
Village Idiot
After suffering through the barrage of dialogues in Skyhold, I found myself getting into the groove of things. I think the key is to stay away from the Hinterlands, it's the worst and largest level in the game, afaik, chock-full of generic fetch quests and collections.

Also, Sera is completely retarded. Whoever wrote her must have had IRL brain damage. Looking forward to never using her as a party member.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
After suffering through the barrage of dialogues in Skyhold, I found myself getting into the groove of things. I think the key is to stay away from the Hinterlands, it's the worst and largest level in the game, afaik, chock-full of generic fetch quests and collections.

Also, Sera is completely retarded. Whoever wrote her must have had IRL brain damage. Looking forward to never using her as a party member.
One of the worst written, ugliest, and most retarded characters I've met in my 30 year gaming "career". She makes Sandal from Dragon Age: origins seem like a genius.

I used Cassandra as another melee character 80% of the time, and sometimes Blackwall, mostly Vivienne as a mage, swapped her at sometimes for Solas. Dorian was used sparingly, because he annoyed me.
For the the rogue role, I kept Varric around 90% of the time.

The others were only used to complete their side stuff.

Falksi

Arcane
Sera was the best thing about DA:I for me. Her retarded-ness at least added something entertaining to an otherwise drudge of a game. It's the only time the game admitted it was retard level shit too.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom