Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

redactir

Artist Formerly Known as Prosper
That is because they exhibit no artistic talent or flair.

dabbling and diddlysquat isn't "something". OP has shown nothing playable in several years. Only spam-threads that go nowhere. Dark Sun fans deserve better.

You are easily impressed. With such pitifully low standards, you will likely deem my first foray a recreative masterpiece.

would you like to trade 3d models? you make the females i'll make the males.

Tonden Ockay

Learned
da0181697c11a8cf0b6ad026f916f84dad682768.jpeg

NWN Dark Sun

I created this Arena for NWN about a year ago, I have shared it once before on the old NWN Vault forums, but I thought I would share it again with all the websites.

This was the 2nd thing I ever made with Gmax so its a little rough, I’m currently going back and making some changes to to the model and textures. So I guess you can say this is the Alpha model.

These screenshots are of the outer/back side of Arena.

Players will be able to walk under the arches from below, as well as walk behind the upper deck bleachers and look out through the arches at the city and the people below.

Again this is an older model, so I’m currently going back and making some changes to the models textures.

Oh and we are still looking for people who have the time and would enjoy working on this project

- Website work
- Recruiting
- Art work (For example we could use some new Skyboxes)
- Interactive Map
- 3D model creation
- Scripting (code)
- NWNX Setup (yes this is something we are looking into for the online server)
- Website to Server features
- Discord to Server features

So if you have the time and would enjoy working with a great group a people come join us.

1c2c6746e2f6d54fae78219954b1b7744ed1bf47.jpeg

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Is there a reason you're using so many different colors for your font in "NWN The Dark Sun ... " or are you just, in general, a color-excitable person?

Bocian

Arcane
Cool model, but I'd take screenshots in higher resolution and skip that "header" thingy, it doesn't look too appealing or professional. Everone can see it's an arena.

Tonden Ockay

Learned
Those screenshots are over a year old and one of the first 5 screenshots that I ever made for the project. I seen some screenshots that other people had made for some NWN models where they used s lot of colors and some fancy fonts, so I played around with it as well. I just thought I would try something different is all. I wasn't a fan of it so going forward I changed it up a bit. Anyway since I was reworking this model I thought I would just grab these old screenshots and create a post using them.

Thanks for the feedback Bocian

Is there a reason you're using so many different colors for your font in "NWN The Dark Sun ... " or are you just, in general, a color-excitable person?
Yeah, I agree. When people (and especially modders) use colors in non-coordinated, non-setting friendly, and in certainly not typeset appropriate way, it just screams autism.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, I agree. When people (and especially modders) use colors in non-coordinated, non-setting friendly, and in certainly not typeset appropriate way, it just screams autism.
I don't know.
To me it just screams "I am 12 years old and just held my first PowerPoint presentation in front of a class".
Stuff like that really shouldn't appear in any project, anywhere ;)

Ninjerk

Arcane
Now you guys made me want to see NWN Dark Sun presentations with WACKY GIFS and presentations full of clip art.

Tonden Ockay

Learned
nyxaodk2ueck.jpg

NWN Dark Sun

Here is another screenshot to show off the Ziggurat and the Arena, with a side by side of the AD&D 2nd Edition Dark Sun painting, to show how close we are trying to get things. That said we are making a few changes here or there if we feel it looks better or if the changes are needed to work with the NWN game engine.

That said, we are still currently looking for more people who would like to join our team and help with this project. Here is just a small list of things you could be working on.

- Website work
- Recruiting
- Art work
- Interactive Map
- 3D model creation
- Scripting (code)
- NWNX Setup (yes this is something we are looking into for the online server)
- Website to Server features
- Discord to Server features

So if you have the time and would enjoy working with a great group a people come join us.

Tonden Ockay

Learned
5a5htrkoskqe.jpg

NWN Dark Sun

Our Team is hard at work turning NWN into Athas (Dark Sun).

Here is a screenshot of some adobe buildings that I’m recreating to be used for the Desert City Tileset I’m working on. This tileset will be used to create Tyr and some parts of the other city states.

This team is really working hard to bring the world of Athas to life in a 3D world using NWN for the base. Even though we have a great team of people already, we are still always looking for more people who would enjoy working on this project to join our team.

- 3D model creators
- Scripters / Coders
- Art creators (Maps, Portraits, Loadscreens)
- Writers
- text documents
- Website organizational work
- HTML5 work
- Ui work
- Animadverting / Recruiting
- Area Building
- NWN Toolset NPC, Creature, Placeable, Creation

If you have time and would enjoy helping with this project, come join us and we will find a way for your to help. https://discord.gg/94Bvhf

Tonden Ockay

Learned
NWN Dark Sun

I’m currently working on a Ruin Wall Crosser for the Dark Sun Project Tileset. I will have towers, keeps, and structures. I have always wanted a ruin castle tileset and well now I’m creating it. This will be for the NWN Dark Sun Project but I will also release all my work to the community once I’m done. I’m a really BIg fan on sharing and working with others, I feel we can learn and accomplish so much more by doing so.

o1ag57xhek3c.png

4vd1mvjiu8x3.png

e8iimvgx5vvu.png

i839m38hpilr.png

Well I just wanted to share what I was currently working on and let everyone know that we are still looking for more help and pass out our Discord channel for anyone who might want to see what we are doing daily and might be willing to help with the project in one way or the other.

https://discord.gg/94Bvhf

Tonden Ockay

Learned
a1aa5615cf77c7c8dcf7c8559ecc884e42f08f8d.jpeg

NWN Dark Sun

We would like to thank Acidchalk for creating our fully dynamic Half-Giant playable race. Yes fully dynamic you can pick them from character selection, change skin color, add tattoos, change tattoo colors, change heads, and wear armor.

They are 10 to 12 feet tall almost twice as tall as Humans, that said they can still fit through doors in the game. Not are they only the largest playable race in Dark Sun they are also the strongest.

Oh yes we have Acidchalk to thank for the armor he is wearing as well. That armor can be worn by all the races.

Recruiting:

All that said even though we have a really nice size team for this project already, we are always looking for more help.
  • 3D Model Creators
  • Scripters/Coders (Simple Programming)
  • Art Creators (normal map textures, a world Map)
  • Writers (Creating meaningful stories/adventures with interesting in depth NPC)
  • Advertising and Recruiting
  • Inter active world map using something like HTML5
  • Classes (reworking classes and or creating new classes)
  • Races (adding racial negatives and benefits)
  • Portraits (taking in game screenshots and using them to create portraits)
About this Project:

For this project we are taking all the Lore and information from the AD&D 2nd Edition Dark Sun book and using it to recreate a 3D world of Athas ( Dark Sun Campaign Setting https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Sun ) using NWN ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neverwinter_Nights ).

Why NWN and not Unity, Unreal, or some other game/engine?

1. Dark Sun is a D&D product that is owned by WotC there for we would have to deal with the whole licensing thing if we were to create a Dark Sun game from scratch.

2. NWN is a D&D game that WotC has a hand in, that was made so players and DM’s could create their own adventures, modules, and servers. NWN has a toolset for creating your adventuers, and a lot of the game was left open, so people could customize it.

3. NWN is a complete D&D game already, there for it has working combat, spells, creatures, character creation and everything already done. While at the same time the game is open enough to allow for us to make a lot of changes to it. So since NWN was made to be Forgotten Realms all we really are doing is making changes to the game to look and feel like Dark Sun. Which means we aren’t making a total new game, but just recreating the D&D Dark Sun Campaign setting inside a D&D game.

4. We are a group of everyday people who have jobs, school, families, and are doing all this work in our free time. There for we don’t have the man power and time to create a totally new game from scratch and even if we had 70 plus people who were able to work on the game full time for five plus years, we would still have the licensing issue to deal with since Dark Sun is owned by WotC.

Tonden Ockay

Learned
45565680_186734815594222_5487833272064933888_n.jpg

NWN Dark Sun

Looking for More Help

We have a team of

- Six 3D model creators
- Seven Writers
- Three Scripters we (could use more help hear if anyone is interested in working with a very Large NWN team in you free time.

We still could use people working in the following areas

- Classes we could use a small team of people working on the Dark Sun classes, mostly 2da (text) work.
- Interactive world map for the website (could be done using HTML 5)
- Portrait and Load screens
- Art work in game textures and/or a custom world map
- Music and sounds

We could use help in the last 5 areas the most, but we will take any kind of help you want to give. So we want you to work in the area you would enjoy working in. All that said if you would enjoy working on this project come join our team.

We all hang out in our Discord Channel working together, chatting, sharing ideas, and screenshots.

If you think you would enjoy helping in some kind of way with this project let me know and I will send you an invite.

What is Dark Sun?

What is Dark Sun?

The Wanderer’s Journal

I live in a world of fire and sand. The crimson sun scorches the life from anything that crawls or flies, and storms of sand scour the foliage from the barren ground. Lightning strikes from the cloudless sky, and peals of thunder roll unexplained across the vast tablelands. Even the wind, dry and searing as a kiln, can kill a man with thirst.

This is a land of blood and dust, where tribes of feral elves sweep out of the salt plains to plunder lonely caravans, mysterious singing winds call men to slow suffocation in a Sea of Silt, and legions of slaves clash over a few bushels of moldering grain. The dragon despoils entire cities, while selfish kings squander their armies raising gaudy palaces and garish tombs.

This is my home, Athas. It is an arid and bleak place, a wasteland with a handful of austere cities clinging precariously to a few scattered oases. It is a brutal and savage land, beset by political strife and monstrous abominations, where life is grim and short.

Overview of the World

Athas is a desert-sun-scorched and windscoured, parched and endless. From the first moments of dawn until the last twinkling of dusk, the crimson sun shimmers in the olive-tinged sky like a fiery puddle of blood. It climbs toward its zenith and the temperature rises relentlessly: 100 degrees by midmorning, 110 at noon, 130sometimes even 150by late afternoon.

A man cannot drink fast enough to replenish the fluids he loses. As the days drag on, he feels sick and feeble. If he does not have enough water, he grows too weak to move. His mouth becomes dry and bitter, his lips, tongue, and throat grow swollen. Before long, his blood is thick and gummy. His heart must work hard to circulate it. Finally his system overheats, leaving him dead and alone in the sands. The wind does little to help matters. As hot as a forge’s breath, it blows up sandstorms that last 50 days at a stretch, speeding the evaporation of water from skin and soil alike. A storm can darken the sky at high noon, carrying so much sand that it reduces visibility to a pace.

Breezes on Athas are suffocating and dust-laden, caking everything they touch with yellow-orange silt, spoiling food, and filling a man’s eyes with pasty mud. Even still days are perilous. Columns of superheated air can rush upward in terrific whirlwinds, carrying dust, plants, and men to great heights-then suddenly dying away and leaving their reluctant passengers to fall to a horrible death.

As dangerous as it is, the wind is merely an inconvenience when compared to the greatest danger of Athasthe lack of water. In most places, it rains no more than once a year. In some places it only rains once in ten years, and the only available water lies in brackish, mineral-crusted oasis ponds. Aside from a handful of streams that trickle less than fifty miles before drying up, there is not a single river on the planet-though I have crossed plenty of ancient bridges and know that rivers were once common. What the world was like in those days, I cannot imagine.

I have already noted what the lack of water can mean to a thirsty man, but the dry climate affects Athas in other ways. It allows the sun to shine down unreflected on the barren ground, which is why it grows so hot during the day

At night, the low humidity has the opposite effect. The day’s heat escapes into the sky, plunging the temperature to 40 degrees or less-and in the mountains, even to zero.

As far I as can tell, all parts of Athas share the blazing sun, the dangerous winds, and the lack of water. Nothing I have seen in my own explorations or heard from the hundreds of travelers I have interviewed points to any other conclusion. Athas is an endless wasteland, spotted by tiny oases of fecundity, inhabited by brutal predators. It is, for all intents and purposes, a land of mortal desolation.

Though the picture I have painted so far is of a stark and rugged land, I do not mean to say that Athas is dreary or monotonous. To the contrary, it has a majestic and stark beauty. When first light casts its emerald hues over the Sea of Silt, or when sunset spreads its bloody stain over the Ringing Mountains, there is a certain feral beauty that stirs the untamed heart in all of us. It is a call to take up spear and net, to flee the city, to go and see what lurks out in the barrenness.

Tonden Ockay

Learned
su9zs1uvuurp.jpg

NWN Dark Sun

This week I thought that I would share our Aarakocra dynamic playable race for our Dark Sun project. Yes players will be able to change the colors of their feathers, beak, feat and so on. They can have tattoo paint that players will be able to change the color of as well. All this can be done from the character creation screen, plus they can wear and change out armor.

This is a fully dynamic playable race for NWN Dark Sun and we have Acidchalk to thank for it.

So I would like to personally thank Acidchalk for this playable race and all he is doing for this project.

“ Thanks Acidchalk “

He is only 1 of 8 people we have on our team who has and is currently creating 3D models for our project. However we are always looking for more.

Hi we have been forming a team to recreate the world of Athas (Dark Sun) as a 3D world using NWN. So we aren't creating a game from scratch we are just recreating the Dark Sun Campaign setting with in another D&D game.

- (8) 3D model creators
- (12) Writers
- (2) Scripters/coders/programers
- (1) Art creators
- (1) Sound and Music people
- (2) Character Development people

Even though we have a large team already, we are still looking for more people to help in the following areas.

- Project Managers (organize and make material easy for Team members to access, help get information to members who need it )
- 3D model creators
- Writers (Creating Stories/Adventures not go grab be an items quest)
- Scripters/Coders (creating scripts/code)
- Art creators (creating custom textures and normal maps)
- Music/Sound creators (creating custom music and sounds)
- Character Development (make changes to text Doc’s for classes and races)
- Spell Development (making changes to text for spells)
- Interactive world map for the website (could be done using HTML 5)
- Cutscenes and Trailers Creator (create nice cutscenes for the Stories
- Advertising and Recruiting (place weekly highlights along with recruiting adds and keep up on the sites through out the week.)

If you think that you would enjoy helping with this project in some king of way, then contact me and come join us on our Discord Channel

Tonden Ockay

Learned
NWN Dark Sun

I have been working on a Jungle Terrain to work with my Desert Tileset and I feel like its slowly coming together and starting to look really thick.

Keep up to date on what we are doing with the project and or come support us by following us on our Twitter Page. https://twitter.com/NwnDarkSun

We have a really nice core group of people working on this project. We all hang out of Discord sharing ideas, screenshots, files, helping each other, and just talking all while working on the project. If this is something you or someone you know might enjoy helping with let me know we are more then willing to help you to learn how to create content if that is something you would like to learn.

- Scripters/coders

- 3D model creators

- Animation creators

- Texture creators

- Writers Stories/Adventures

- Website creating and updating

Just let me know if you would like to join our team and help to bring the world of Athas (Dark Sun) to life as a 3D video game using NWN.

Thanks for your time
Tonden

EBBOC9iW4AEbRre

EBBS3FbX4AAN48i

Tonden Ockay

Learned
NWN Dark Sun

Scrub Plains

We are a core group of Dark Sun fans who have came together to recreate a 3D world of Athas (Dark Sun) as a 3D video game.

We have a Discord where we talk, share ideas, files, screenshots, and just help each other while working on the project. Our goal is to launch a PW server of Athas, however we still have lots to do and the more help we have the quicker we can finish it.

We are always looking for more people who would enjoy helping with this project. If you would like to help in some kind of way contact me and I will get you an invite.

- 3D model creators

- Texture Creators

- Scripting/code

- 2da text doc/spreed sheet work

- Writing stories/adventures

- Website work

We do currently have a website in the works as well. https://nwndarksun.gamerlaunch.com/

You can show your support for our project along with getting the latest updates about the project by following us on our Twitter page https://twitter.com/NwnDarkSun

* Oh and the sky in this screenshot will not be used for our project it was only used while we are currently creating a totally new skybox just for this project.

67784581_358668798400822_2769012535817404416_n.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom