Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Here is the embedded launch trailer.

Amateurish at best. I guess none of the music they have for the game could cut it when it comes time to actually explaining stuff about the world and game.

holy shit that trailer is awful.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I did notice the lighting changes and it is sad but understandable for consoles but I belive it can be relatively easy to fix for the PC; just look al 6 year old games like Stalker that already had the options for static vs dynamic lighting so there should be the option for PC....pretty please

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
For the ones that need help deciding what DaS2 class is the best for their desired builds:

https://sites.google.com/site/darksouls2stats/

wow, decide what stats you don't need and pick the class with the low ones. much hard.

Seriously planning classes will be pretty much useless until we know all of the weapon/armor/magic requirements anyway.

Simple:

Raise Adaptability to soft cap.
Raise Endurance to 20-30.
Raise Vitality to be able to wear whatever you want.
Pick one: Str/Dex/Int/Fth
Level attu if you use magic.
Dump rest into Vigor.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
First reviews are up and the one from Gamespot is particulary good.
We know that Namco Bandai must be pushing the game hard and hopefully the game sells good but that fucking rock music trailer is dreadful, I mean the PR people are going a little bit over the board.
I am picking up my copy tomorrow morning and super psyched about it!
Praise the sun!

Heresiarch

Prophet
All the reviews are giving it 8.5-9.5's, and players are also universally praising it (along with the sun). I fucking can't wait for 1 month and 2 weeks!!!

Kanedias

Savant
PSN still won't let me download it.

Edit: Finally. And now, to wait the 2+ hours it's going to take to download.

Last edited:

insukk

Augur
Patron
Codex 2012
Potato CD-Action gave it a 10/10, if that's worth anything. Also the reviewer stated, that the completed his first walkthrough in 56 hours.

Nugs

Learned
Probated
otm1risi5poreyallv0o.gif

YES YES YES

Tbh i didnt like demons that much,,,,, i liked dark souls,,,,,, i feel i will love ds 2

made

Arcane
Wasn't PC supposed to be the leading platform for this game? Why is it on consoles already while PC version is coming in April? WHY?

Nugs

Learned
Probated
Someone gave it a 1 , bioware trolling?

'
Dark Souls II is the pinnacle of Japanese propaganda on the west. This "game" undermines the Patriotic American Way and does not support our troops!. Ban this game with its Doom-esque satanic Japanese message. I feel sorry for all the Birrys playing this game just like final fantasy games.'

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom