Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls Discussion Thread

abija

Prophet
Trip to asylum isn't that hidden. You can see the key, you notice you can drop from that elevator and some npc tells you how he saw the bird carrying someone rolled like a ball and you know there's another fat fuck left there.
Compare that with the DLC entrance considering in both my playthroughs so far the golem didn't even spawn in that cave.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
'some npc'? I never heard that line. Not everyone talks to every NPC in the games 3 times after every boss fight you know. The key (and the blatant locked door and item you can't get on your first trip through) give away that there must be a way back there, but the way it is done is pretty damned well concealed. Even if you figure out what to do, you may very well give up before it happens since it takes forever to trigger, and for all you know you need some other item to make it work.

abija

Prophet
It's the guy in chainmail that gives you hints when you just get to firelink shrine. Why wouldn't you check his speech every time you get there when the game is so crpytic?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I swear to you I spoke to him as much as possible and never got that line myself.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Ditto. Played through the game 7 times too.

Though I didn't speak to him all the time each playthrough. I mean, the guy is a dick, and says nothing helpful (aside from that, apparently.)

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I saw that line once, got up there and rolled like a ball, but got up quick, thinking that something was missing. From Software are great trolls. :lol:

Malpercio

Arcane
So, since i believe at this point many people finished it, what is the general consensus on the game?

Is it worth of the Codex Master Race?

Multi-headed Cow

I haven't finished it yet but I'd vote the game get honorary non-Japanese status so this thread could be elevated to console RPG forum at least.

Yeah, that lead straight to Sif. Usefull if you're a cheap bastard than don't want to spend 20k on the seal. ;)[/quote]

:x I could've used those souls right now. I accidentally Blacksmith Vamos with cleave because of those fucking annoying pesky retarded skellingtons constantly pissing the fuck out of me, and the absolution costs 24,000 souls for my SL48 char. That's C&C for you aight :troll:

Also, @all again: Can somebody explain to me why this game is both approved by Codex and mainstream? o_O

Multi-headed Cow

7FAB010D597D3AE5D4CDD4CDA5508430B3E2809F

Finally. Whew.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
It's a p. good game, I enjoy it very much :)

YOU GOT THAT
IS THAT CLEAR, YOU LITTLE SHIT
DO YOU WANT ME TO SMILE HARDEEERRRRRR
I AM VERY EAGER TO COMMUNICATE IN AN EFFICIENT MANNER

Multi-headed Cow

Iron golem and Sen's fortress down. Sen's wasn't too bad apart from the last walkway with swinging blades. That fucker nailed me 3 times for some reason, despite me dodging every other bridge fine. Iron golem wasn't a big deal and died without killing me. Started Anal Rodeo as my buddy calls it and messed with golems there before quitting for the evening.

Lightning spear is good. At the moment it does better damage than my +5 claymore. Also got the stats (18 DEX) to use black knight sword since my buddy swears up and down it's great, but I dunno. It has a horrific thrust.

sser

Arcane
Developer
I liked the Zweihander, personally. Just dodge around until you get an opening and strike a huge blow. That said, it became difficult to use with certain boss battles. Claymore is probably the best all-around weapon. I know a lot of people abused the lightning spear for a long time, too.

Once you've got the correct Titanite - it is very much worth it getting yourself a Heavy Crossbow and enchanting it all the way up. Very efficient and useful once you can do the Fire/Lightning enchants to let it hit like a truck.

Throughout the game, I basically only used 2 weapons when trying to progress, plus 1 for the first half-hour and another for the final boss only:

Hatchet --> Claymore --> Lightning Spear --> Dragon's Tooth (?)

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Also, @all again: Can somebody explain to me why this game is both approved by Codex and mainstream? o_O

Here it's only approved slurped by the resident consolefags.
fags fags fags shepards fags slurping slurp this game is below my clearly superior intellect you got that I am off to play more Mass Effect :x

Bros any hint on good 1h weapon? I'm SL49 before Sen's Fortress and still using that Drake Sword from Undead Burg. Actually, any MAJESTIC weapon could help as well.

joeydohn

Savant
What was the verdict on the PC port then? Was it as bad as it sounded when shown at E3?

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Bros any hint on good 1h weapon? I'm SL49 before Sen's Fortress and still using that Drake Sword from Undead Burg. Actually, any MAJESTIC weapon could help as well.
There is no "best weapons", they all have their advantages and are very strong when upgraded. It's up to your personal taste really... I like the Claymore a lot, the Long Sword is very versatile, curved swords can chain mean combos and cause bleeding, spears are very safe, since you can attack while blocking...is really up to you man, try your weapons around and see what moveset you prefer.

small update - the rage burned out and i have GREAT fucking TIME WITH THIS GAME.

killed finally capra demon, this time instead aiming for stairs just run straight at him , stopped his first attack, dogde the next one, one shot first dog, the second one blocked himself on a column, than run to the balcony, killed second hound, jump attacxk on fucking goat and proceed with raping his ass with drake sword.(tbh it didnt work previouslyo_O i died like 10 times after blocking his first attack just this one time the first dog missed with his first attack and the second was too far away)

what a fucking relief, played the hole fucking night after that:thumbsup: just couldnt fucking stop. died in sewers because of fucking frogs cursing me with gase:x gaping dragon was not that difficult just a lot of health and rather slow fight, got axe from his ass, playing offline so only solaire helped me. after that FUCKING BLIGHTOWN. dear fucking god what an AWESOME LOCATION. FUCKING HUGE CAVE WITH HOLE FUCKING CITY BUILD AROUND ITS WALLS. I have never seen something like that in video game, and the level design with jumps/stairs/ladders. wow. quelaag was kind of dissapointment just generic spider queen, but than the great hollow another amazing scenery. right now i am getting my as kicked in sens fortress but so far like the puzzles and traps. ohh and changed my build from medieval knight with great sword to japanesse samurai with two katanas/uchi+iaito/ great fucking moves with those two blades. still black knight sword has an awesome thrust attack:bounce:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom