Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information The Dark Eye: Demonicon Official Website Now Up

MightyHoax

Educated
Project: Eternity
gdc04.jpg

Hahahahaha. "Derp."

boob-flaps and dildos strapped to her back.
The Brown Dark Eye: Eroticon

A user named cat

I cannot believe RPGs like this are still getting made. It looks so horrible, I'm almost offended.

EXEcute

Barely Literate
I guess the Codex was well in need of a reality check after all the "incline" cocksucking over KS sunshine and rainbows.

MCA
Yeah, Codexers supported Real Crap with Pause. And how different will it be than NWN2? Oh, of course silly me: it's in 2D.

Some incline. Good fucking job.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Fuck off derpers, Jae"I love Mass Effect THIS MUCH"sun being the biggest hypocrite of them all. This is tailor made for ME slurpers, so don't act all high and fucking mighty when you'll be playing this 7 times and whining for 300 pages how it suxxors.

Yeah, Codexers supported Real Crap with Pause. And how different will it be than NWN2? Oh, of course silly me: it's in 2D.

Some incline. Good fucking job.

You're a Race Traitor too, faggot.

I'll demo it to see if sis can be banged ingame... might attempt an LP too so degenerate bros don't have to popamole through this. Usually RK47 and Japan fulfill my depraved needs. But I am expecting significant butthurt over the rape of DSA.

GreyViper

Prophet
Surprised they got the funding to finish the game. Al tough I still suspect its a rushed game and might have been better of as vaporware. Honestly they need to make more Drakensang games similar to TROT and Dragons Dogma.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Short Demonicon preview

Demonicon is the latest action RPG by Kalypso Media. It takes place in The Dark Eye universe, which is a German tabletop RPG along the lines of Dungeons & Dragons. Demonicon has an extraordinary story that contains mature content, endless possibilities and world-breaking decisions.

Unlike other role-playing games where your decisions don’t actually shape the world, everything you do in Demonicon has a direct impact on the story, changing the world around you. A simple decision like saving someone’s life can alter the story. Even deciding to kill someone can have a cataclysmic effect on the game’s outcome.

Demonicon is built around a morality system – the more evil deeds you commit, the more ‘demonic’ the main character will become. You have the choice to be either good or evil; it is entirely up to the player. No matter which side you decide to play, everything in the world of Dark Eye has its own benefits. Some skills and talents can only be acquired if you are more ‘demonic’ than good.

Just about everything the player does will grant them either AP (Adventure Points) or GP (Gift Points) or in some cases both. Adventure Points are basically your standard experience points that are used to level up standard skills and other talents such as combat skills. Gift points, on the other hand, are used to purchase and upgrade the main character’s demonic skills (i.e. abilities and magic spells).

The combat system in Demonicon is action-based, but it requires a little bit of finesse – button mashing will not be rewarded. Racking up a perfect combo chain will grant additional demonic bonuses that will allow your character to inflict more damage. The third-person camera shows the entire battlefield; there are no awkward camera angles to worry about.

The player can fully customize their character by choosing which skills, talents and weapons to use. Different weapons can have a dramatic affect on combat. Some weapons require more stamina than others, making combat that much harder. Heavier weapons like the sledgehammer require excessive amounts of stamina, eliminating the hacking/twitch-style method of gameplay seen in other games.

Even though Demonicon is action-based, the weapon system adds an element of strategy to the gameplay. I like this new mechanic; it helps to balance out combat and prevents button mashing.

Additionally, the game includes an extensive crafting system where you can make items from alchemy and blacksmithing.

The decisions you make will shape your destiny in the world of Demonicon. And due to its morality system, there are multiple endings that add an enormous amount of replay value to the game. The main story alone for Demonicon is roughly around 30 to 35 hours of continuous gameplay, and this is not counting the additional side quests or the multiple endings.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom