Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information The Dark Eye: Demonicon Official Website Now Up

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Kalypso Media; The Dark Eye: Demonicon

Kalypso have announced the launch of an official website for The Dark Eye: Demonicon, their upcoming third person fantasy action RPG for Microsoft Windows, PS3 and Xbox360 to be released sometime in 2012.

Journey into the Darkness at the Official "Demonicon" Web Site

Bracknell, UK, 18th, 2012 - Kalypso Media today unveiled the official web site for The Dark Eye - Demonicon, the upcoming third person action-RPG for consoles and Windows PC. The new site, available at http://worldofdemonicon.com, offers game info, new screens and trailers that showcase the dark world of The Dark Eye - Demonicon, and its insidious inhabitants.

Visit the official The Dark Eye - Demonicon web site here.

The Dark Eye - Demonicon is a thrilling action-RPG set in the extraordinarily popular universe of "The Dark Eye," a richly crafted fantasy world beloved by fantasy gamers throughout the world.

The Dark Eye - Demonicon tells the tragic story of a brother and sister who become pawns of sinister forces in a world of cruelty and depravity. In this bleak yet magical world, their affection is both a blessing and a curse. Both are constantly threatened by mortal danger and demonic temptation, and must find a way through their tortured lives by facing serious moral decisions. Their common destiny will determine that of the entire continent, and will be decided by the choices they make. Hordes of fiends block their way to freedom and peace, and only through battle and magic they will truly become free of the darkness.​

The site features a bunch of new screenshots, among other things.

Spotted at RPGWatch

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The Dark Eye - Demonicon tells the tragic story of a brother and sister who become pawns of sinister forces in a world of cruelty and depravity. In this bleak yet magical world, their affection is both a blessing and a curse. Both are constantly threatened by mortal danger and demonic temptation, and must find a way through their tortured lives by facing serious moral decisions. Their common destiny will determine that of the entire continent, and will be decided by the choices they make.​

Icewind%20Dale%202%203.png

Shannow

Waster of Time
Wut? I thought this had been cancelled long ago... Or I simply hoped it had been cancelled after I saw where it was going after the first few promising sceen shots...?
Achtung, Krauts! Gamersglobal tested this game recently: http://www.gamersglobal.de/angetestet/demonicon?page=0,1

Looks like a Twitcher clone, I'd rather have my Drakensang 3 :decline:
Uses the Arcania engine. Gives MEh as inspiration for a CINEMATIC experience. Promises lots of cut-scenes. Character system has little to do with DSA. Combat has nothing to do with DSA. Combat sounds like being somewhere between Diablo, The Witcher 2 and Kingdoms of Amalur. Will have mostly grey morality choices like The Witcher.
Can't say I'm looking forward to this.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Does that armor actually have flaps that fold down to reveal her cleavage?

Stabwound

Arcane
It looks like a shittier version of Dragon Age 2, and I guess that's at least an accomplishment.

And the competition has truly begun. Dark Eye just kicked Bioware's GLBT inclusiveness out of the park by going for an incest angle (actually FEAR 1 pretty much out-does even the worst of the Japanese games, but it's all backstory, though directly relevant to the motivations of everyone involved) - having said that FEAR 2 ends up with the main character getting raped, so that hurdle has already been leaped). What Bioware will do to one-up this is beyond my imagination. It's only a matter of time before the Japanese rape-hentai manufacturers will be staring at western game concepts in horror.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
What about tastefully done rape? Since it's a world of cruelty and depravity, there should be some.

Also, I wish someone would make seriously dark, cruel and depraved cRPG. So cruel and depraved that it would eat brains of gamers like worms.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
The Dark Eye RPGs are getting progressively worse*. Someday someone will take this franchise to the edge of the forest, make it dig out a grave for itself and and put it out of its misery with a shot to back of the head.

*with the exception of River of TIme

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
This game will be the popamole cousin of Blackguards. I don't really mind it, both have official Dark Eye license and Demonicon seems to be true to the lore too.

Soldier in above screenshot is from Rondra Church (Ypollitaner) who freed Warunk under leadership of Ayla von Schattengrund.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It looks like a shittier version of Dragon Age 2, and I guess that's at least an accomplishment.
This is a single character action game, what an odd comparison to make. It looks more to me like an extraordinarily brown, low budget Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
LESS T_T I spent like half an hour photoshopping boob-flaps and retarded eyes on a female shepard but I couldn't top the original 'Demonicon' derp so I binned it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom