Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate The Baldur's Gate Series Thread

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
1. Yes, unless you have the "NPCs don't fight or leave the party" or "NPCs fight but never leave" options. Think they're still a part of BGT Tweaks or the like.

2. Bondari and his friends are in ToB. Abazigal's Lair.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sounds like you missed the diamond in the tree vagina and the ring of protection one map after.
Other than that there's a few gems and wands and a ring of fire resistance as well. That's all I found and remember.
Also, one additional Ankheg Full Plate (Nashkel). Nothing else, I think.

Xeon

Augur
Ring of Wizardry ?

edit: dw he already found it

Helm of Balduran is kinda like that I guess.

For the helm you also get a hint in a letter received during the quest for the cloak.

Wasn't the quest to find find the helm? and the extra hint is for the cloak? The quest you get from the mage with battle horrors or something.

and Zed if you change your mind about modding your game you should check this post:
http://af.gog.com/forum/baldurs_gate_series/baldurs_gate_2_essential_mods/page1?as=1649904300

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I haven't played in a while, but isn't that new mega-installer the way to ensure you get what you want in an easy manner without errors? aaaaah, what the fuck was its name, I can't remember?

Xeon

Augur
WeiDU?

Opens a DOS box and you pick the things you want to install.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
lol

No, there's a new mega-installer out that supposedly is a mammoth collection of most mods. I just can't remember the fucking name.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
My weapon focus are Missile (for crossbows - crowssbows being a missile weapon in BG1) and Spear (just wanted a long range melee as backup, will very rarely use anyway).

Bard should be more Sleep, Blindness and Web (Web is awesome for a level 2 spell, I beat Ascension bossfights without taking damage thanks to Web).
When you import to BG2 you can reset your proficiencies and pick a kit, most go for Blade but Skald is great if you're mundane heavy. I never tried Jester, I hear they're OP in certain situations.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
You can beat every fight using Web and Entangle. Probably the only reason that level 1 Heart of Winter mode in IWD is possible.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
You can beat every fight using Web and Entangle. Probably the only reason that level 1 Heart of Winter mode in IWD is possible.

Hehe, I only make the point because of Volourn saying "U OVERRATE WEB SO MUCH r00fles!"

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Morrowind is a good game to play because the directions people give you are so vague and unreliable - but never outright wrong - that you find all sorts of neat stuff just desperately trying to follow them... following directions was a lot of fun to me- certainly more fun than following some glowing arrow on my screen and making a beeline for the x on the map.

Malpercio

Arcane
Would have been to much to give another pair of Speed Boots at the beginning of ToB, Bioware? You get 3, with the 2 you can collect in SoA you have 5. Now the 6th party member will always be behind and i'll have to wait for him to reach the doors. :rpgcodex:

kl6lXBx.jpg

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Can't you just cast Haste? I haven't played in a while.

Odd party. Not a bad one, I just can't put up with pint-sized heroes.

Malpercio

Arcane
Yeah, but having to cast haste every time is a chore. And i mean, they gave me 3 pairs of boots, it wouldn't have killed them to give me a fourth one...

Jan and Mazzy in the game group are pretty fun because Jan irritates her quite a lot.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Trying to remember my go-to party. I haven't played this game in at least 12 years, no joke- and when I played it then I would run it solo.
But when I played it the first few times I'd always end up with...

Kagain, because he was a terrific Fighter, and I didn't have ToB (BG 2 was brand new then.)
Edwin, because he's a better mage than the PC can be, and I really like his personality- he was a bit like me, or so I thought as a youth.
Viconia, because 50% MR is really good and her stats, if given the right gear, are really good.
Jaheira, because I like having access to druid spells.
Imoen, because frankly, she's a really good character mechanically and handled all the thief-skills I could ever have wanted.

Was a good party! I remember switching in Valigar sometimes, though I can't remember who I'd replace with him. I remember Valigar and Kagain becoming bros in the banter and always liked that. (Kagain says something like "Hah! I like you; a dwarf must have rammed his treetrunk into your mother at some point."

The paladin was really, really good, too, but since I always liked evil parties I didn't get to use him very often.

I had such good times with these games as a kid; really, they were excellent then. I love having a lot of spells to play with and I love fighting interesting encounters and exploring. Shame they never made that Black Hound thing.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
But that would be cheating!
Goes back to play with his party of 5 perma-hasted adventurers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom