Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Atelier series

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Ryza 3 was trash, especially with the newly added level scaling. Atelier Marie didn't even see a physical release in the west. It's looking pretty grim for Gust.

Tyrr

Liturgist
After this, I don't expect much of value.
ZswDqwo.png
Is that Ryza 3? Ryza 2 was full of obvious, unashamed fan service. WTF happened?

Elttharion

Learned
They had a survey asking for feedback for the games. You can talk about the black voids there. This shit is just hideous.

It doesnt even make sense, why have these camera angles just to censor them? Gust and Koei are retarded as always. You can also use swinsuit costumes in the game so its even more ridiculous.

FWIW there is a mod to fix this, I found it in the Steam forum thread for Ryza 3.

Endemic

Arcane
Gust used to alternate between random fanservice (Marie, Judie) and modest peasant clothing (Lilie) on the protagonist from the early days. But the upskirt\anime type stuff didn't really start until Arland.

Sophie has the weird juxtaposition of her (and basically every other character) dressed in period-appropriate clothing while Plachta seems to have walked out of a Trails beach DLC.

Ryza went full anime, so this weird blacking out of the panties is obviously a regional\publisher issue.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
I wouldn't say it's much of an anticipated sale, given that we had two this year alone (in May and in January, I believe)
Gust this year is awfully lenient with sales, and I expect one around Christmas as well. Didn't use to be this way.

Tse Tse Fly

Savant
Hello, I've finished Atelier Marie Remake, my first Atelier game, where do I go from here - any suggestions? I was thinking about just playing in release order but there's that risk that going this way I will burn out before seeing the best from the series. Or maybe I should pick any random game from the recent releases.

Reinhardt

Arcane
marie is most basic atelier game possible so literally any game will be upgrade.
go ayesha.
or mana khemia.

Tse Tse Fly

Savant
Shhheeeeeeeiiiiiit, got a """bad""" ending in Ayesha. I simply could not make it in time, got distracted by collectionism, and when I started hurrying to the main objective it was already too late. I obtained only 2 petals. This means ~20 hours that I spent in the first playthrough were wasted.

Now I wonder what I should do differently next time. Maybe I should only spend time on crafting healing items and explosive things, just to be able to explore locations related to the main quest, skipping any and all optional content whenever I can. There'd better be some means to skip the lengthy dialogues and cut scenes as well, else it will be a torture.

Also this patch has stopped working for some reason. When I run the game, I hit the loading screen, then the screen goes grey and the game crashes, and an error window appears saying that this patch only works with the Dusk trilogy... Huh? Perhaps it has to do with the fact that I have 'completed' the game.

Last edited:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
The """true""" endings in Ateliers are meant for NG+. You can do them on a fresh save, but it's much harder and not the intended way. You carry over your stuff into NG+ which saves a ton of time and gives you more freedom to work on the other endings.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Shhheeeeeeeiiiiiit, got a """bad""" ending in Ayesha. I simply could not make it in time, got distracted by collectionism, and when I started hurrying to the main objective it was already too late. I obtained only 2 petals. This means ~20 hours that I spent in the first playthrough were wasted.

Now I wonder what I should do differently next time. Maybe I should only spend time on crafting healing items and explosive things, just to be able to explore locations related to the main quest, skipping any and all optional content whenever I can. There'd better be some means to skip the lengthy dialogues and cut scenes as well, else it will be a torture.

Also this patch has stopped working for some reason. When I run the game, I hit the loading screen, then the screen goes grey and the game crashes, and an error window appears saying that this patch only works with the Dusk trilogy... Huh? Perhaps it has to do with the fact that I have 'completed' the game.
craft best adventure items you can before moving into ng+. it will make time management much easier.

Tse Tse Fly

Savant
Aaaand Ayesha done. Slightly over 30 hours on 2 playthroughs. Wonderful game, though I'm still somewhat pissed about the time limit. There's just much more side content compared to Marie (the only other Atelier game that I've played so far), and the game won't allow you to explore it all (actually, I barely did any side content at all on my 2nd playthrough -- only that which was possible to do along the way to the main objective -- and I still finished when it was several months into year 3), even if you manage to rescue Nio before the dead line, everything ends after 3 years just the same.

Now I'm deciding on which Atelier game to play next. Currently my sights are set on either Sophie or Ryza. But maybe I should continue with the Dusk sub-series.

Last edited:

Crayll

Liturgist
They're all good choices. Personally Dusk is my favorite subseries so I'd continue with that, but if you didn't like the time limit so much you might enjoy Sophie or Ryza more (neither has a time limit). Sophie is a little lacking in story and characters compared to Ryza, but I think has better gameplay as Ryza introduces a real-time component to battles that I'm not a huge fan of.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
They're all good choices. Personally Dusk is my favorite subseries so I'd continue with that, but if you didn't like the time limit so much you might enjoy Sophie or Ryza more (neither has a time limit). Sophie is a little lacking in story and characters compared to Ryza, but I think has better gameplay as Ryza introduces a real-time component to battles that I'm not a huge fan of.
Atelier Shallie has no time limit either and the time limit in Escha & Logy is more of a formality than something you seriously need to think about. If he wants an Atelier with a more lenient time system then he's fine to continue with Dusk. Ayesha was the last time it mattered.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom