Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community The Age of Incline: RPG Codex's 2012-2016 GOTY Results

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
On RPG Codex most recent example of it is Roguey 's build.

My build is actually fine so far, I just had a problem with the game giving me a bad weapon to use at the start. I'll be sure to complain about it here if I end up not being able to progress further at all.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
toro
Share with us your Steam profile and then we can talk. Let's see how many hours you've spent playing Underrail. And like I said earlier, my 300 hours is the result of playing many, many iterations of AoD versions the moment Teron demo came out.

makiavelli747

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Village Idiot Shitposter
Do you need a guide for this?
you need to check your self, bitch
there is more in AoD then just 'God' achievement. you have here like fucking 5 storylines, and a lot of different shit you can't discover in few hours
i have 600+ hrs, but it was not reloading again and again to make 'jack of all trades' work, and 4/10/6/8/8/4 is not a perfect jack of all trades, its just a good loremaster

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
toro
Share with us your Steam profile and then we can talk. Let's see how many hours you've spent playing Underrail. And like I said earlier, my 300 hours is the result of playing many, many iterations of AoD versions the moment Teron demo came out.

My profile is public but if you are too imbecilic to find it on your own then I will not help you beyond posting this:

32475511840_7d3a4818f7_o.png

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Do you need a guide for this?
you need to check your self, bitch
there is more in AoD then just 'God' achievement. you have here like fucking 5 storylines, and a lot of different shit you can't discover in few hours
i have 600+ hrs, but it was not reloading again and again to make 'jack of all trades' work, and 4/10/6/8/8/4 is not a perfect jack of all trades, its just a good loremaster

:abyssgazer:

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy

toro said:
Also Goral has or had 296 hours in the game.

makiavelli747 said:
have no idea why you need 300+ hours... oh, wait! because you are moron

Do you need a guide for this? :)
lol
You are a retard. Contrary to you I've managed to finish AoD in my first playthrough with my first build, same goes for Underrail. Low quality bait.

Edit:
My profile is public but if you are too imbecilic to find it on your won then I will not help you beyond posting this:
Right, because your nick is so unique: http://steamcommunity.com/id/godard/
http://steamcommunity.com/id/toro/

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

toro said:
Also Goral has or had 296 hours in the game.

makiavelli747 said:
have no idea why you need 300+ hours... oh, wait! because you are moron

Do you need a guide for this? :)
lol
You are a retard. Contrary to you I've managed to finish AoD in my first playthrough with my first build, same goes for Underrail. Low quality bait.

Edit:
My profile is public but if you are too imbecilic to find it on your won then I will not help you beyond posting this:
Right, because your nick is so unique: http://steamcommunity.com/id/godard/
http://steamcommunity.com/id/toro/

You mean this

Edit: AoD Review by Goral
It is one of the best RPGs I've ever played and that's including titles such as Fallout 1, Arcanum, Vampire The Masquarade: Bloodlines, Planescape Torment, Baldur's Gate 1/2, Betrayal at Krondor, Wasteland 1/2, etc. It's also the first cRPG in a decade that brought freshness to the genre, e.g.

1) Story being presented from different perspectives and different POVs. I don't remember anything like it in any other game which raises its value even further. Something fresh for a change instead of another "chosen one rescuing the world and fighing the dragons". I think it would appeal to all A Song of Ice and Fire saga (hopefully someone will tweet it to them :P). Sadly, many people will probably rage quit before they even notice that (or might be too stupid to notice that).

2) Combat. It actually is enjoyable and makes me want to fight instead of mindlessly left clicking on everything that moves (or sends something that moves). The challenge makes it rewarding once you win whereas in Fallout 1/2 you could have defeated almost anyone with ♥♥♥♥♥♥ stats and quick-save->quick-load strategy since even with 0% chance of hitting you could have done a critical hit (on the other hand you could have missed a target from point blank range when using a machine gun and having 95% chance of success). In AoD there isn't a universal strategy for every fight. E.g. when fighting a fast and agile opponent that had very high dodge stats using a smaller but faster weapon was more wise (as it should be). You would never hit him with a big hammer but you would hit him with a small one and since he was so agile thanks to practically no armour it was enough to defeat him. The same goes for spears - for the most time they are a superb weapon because of it's unique properties but there are fights where you're at a disadvantage (closed spaces for example). There are ways to overcome this but it's not like you can have only one weapon (like turbo plasma rifle in Fallout) and defeat every opponent with that.

3) Replayability and Choices and Consequences. They actually do matter and you can never do every quest in every possible way without replaying the game. And that is a good thing IMO. In Fallout New Vegas for example I did practically every quest there was, investing in speech at first since I knew that I could open safes or hack into computers later. For some reason no one would do it before me. Well, not in AoD. If you won't do quests in Teron someone else will and you can't go back for them. Which makes sense and which makes me want to replay the game. I don't want to replay F:NV though since I've done everything there was to be done and walking for hours was tedious (BTW, that's why I like teleporting, although I won't make a point about it).
Anyway, it's really well written and it's not as unforgiving as some may think. In Maadoran for example I chose to be a stupid brute (read: mercenary) that worked for Thieves Guild. As it turned out I haven't tried all the options available yet so I might be able to see a different outcome but my point is: you don't have to repeat the game from the start to enjoy it. The game despite being difficult, still gives a player a certain margin of error, big enough to not be frustrating.

There are more pros (and I should write more on C&C) but I don't have the time right now to write about them. I prefer to play the game a few more times (read 10 at least :P). Once I do I'll write something more. As for cons, besides camera being a bit clunky I have none. And even that isn't that bad once you learn to use middle mouse button (which sometimes doesn't work for some reason and I have to use ctrl+mouse button).

Edit:
3) You're being guided what to invest in. If you're playing a merchant it's logical that you have to silver-tongued so you invest in speech skills such as streetwise, persuasion and trading. If you're playing as a Loremaster you invest in lore + speech skills, if you're playing as IG or assassin you obviously need comabt skills, etc. First quests show you what you'll need further. But to be honest it should be obvious what merchant or IG need.

Goral Just now
Not true but since you haven't actually played the game it's no wonder. Looks like you've had the game opened for less than 2 hours for the sole purpose of baseless slating.

1) Even if you fail some skill check you can continue the game easily, you just won't max your character and become a demi-god (which happens if you squeeze every SP from every quest). To me it's refreshing and a nice change when compared to Bethesda games for example where you can become a demi-god no matter what character you make and what decisions you make.

2) If 1 way is closed for you you can be sure that at least 3 more (with different skill requirements) are open. For example to get into an outpost you can either sneak in or kill the guards or impersonate a loremaster or poison the guards or just betray the lord who gave you this quest and switch sides.

There isn't much randomness to combat in Age of Decadence. A very skilled player can even kill every possible opponent and win every fight without even 1 reload, i.e. he can play in ironman mode. See here: https://youtu.be/_9oCOPtF8VM?t=3s
A beginner like you might think that fights are random and if you get unfavourable roll you have to reload. But once you grasp the rules and start using some basic tactics you can win every fight with at least 70% effectiveness (some like Eyestabber have that number much higher).
See this tutorial for another examplel:

Edit 2:
The game is so intuitive that you need to recommend a tutorial video in your review.

Are you so crazy that you are speaking with yourself in AoD review?

Edit 3:
My profile is private now so you can stop searching.

Edit 4:
Dude take a break from the internet. In your AoD review you are not reviewing the game, instead you are bragging how awesome you are.

Last edited:

Jazz_

Arcane
600 hours (25 fucking days) in AoD is literal insanity, what the fuck do you even do? :lol:

Did VD put something in his game that triggers restricted, repetitive behaviors in autistic people? that's the only explanation I can find.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
The game is so intuitive that you need to recommend a tutorial video in your review.
The edited part is a copy of my response to some retard like you so that I don't have to waste my time writing the same arguments but just copy/paste it. Still waiting on your steam profile, it's obvious you've been using a different nick earlier (there are no posts in the underrail forum under your name).

makiavelli747

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Village Idiot Shitposter
600 hours (25 fucking days) in AoD is literal insanity, what the fuck do you even do?
i started from 2013, plus i liked combat system and tried a lot of builds
and yes, AoD has a lot of stuff to see...
Did VD put something in his game that triggers restricted, repetitive behaviors in autistic people? that's the only explanation I can find.
lol, its Codex you fucking moron

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
The edited part is a copy of my response to some retard like you so that I don't have to waste my time writing the same arguments but just copy/paste it. Still waiting on your steam profile, it's obvious you've been using a different nick earlier (there are no posts in the underrail forum under your name).

I'm a cunt. I know. But I simply cannot give you what you want.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Here's toro's WHOLE post and "arguments": http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...2016-goty-results.113518/page-31#post-4961725
Good example:
Could you please explain how this build was created?
No. I will not compare it with Underrail because that's your way of derailing all discussions.
A small lie but what does it matter at this point.
I see a lot of bullshit but no arguments.
I don't give a fuck about how Teron was designed. The game is unplayable for me.
I'm sorry but your are confusing delusional ramblings with accurate arguments. You are mentally fucked up.
:D :D :D

And as a bonus look how much this stalker loves to say my name (not counting quotes):
You just insulted Goral

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
AoD was ok-ish, I don't get why people are so rabid about it. Some people are just put-off by constant teleporting and COA-centered gameplay. It's like these retarded anime fans from the 90's who just couldn't understand that not everyone is comfortable with masturbating to two-dimensional teenagers with cat ears.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom