Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tex Murphy Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect

Tramboi

Prophet
Patron
By the way, at the moment Tex Murphy already got more that the two guys from Andromeda in the first day, seems that FMV adventures have their own demography.

This is not "FMV adventures".
This is a Tex Murphy game.:love:

Stabwound

Arcane
Wow, I'm pleasantly surprised with how well this kickstarter is going.

$450,000 seems like relatively little compared to other kickstarters when you consider this is going to use all live actors. Maybe I'm vastly overestimating how expensive it is to do everything with FMV?

I'm surprisingly excited to see how well the FMV adventure genre works with modern, HD footage compared to the shit quality of yore.

Tramboi

Prophet
Patron
The good point is that even if it cheesy, it will suit a Tex Murphy game perfectly.
A phantasmagoria 3 might be even worse than the first.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Tiptoeing around the DRM issue in PMs had a similar effect to the Two Guys prototype it seems. They should've nipped that in the bud right form the start, instead they sent out conflicting information and let speculations run wild. And backed out after the damage apparently had been done. Can't believe whoever handles private messaging there didn't know this would stir up the nest.

Or it's just a slow day.

Yeah conflicting doesn't even begin to describe it. The answers people got were completely diametric opposites, wavering from "Yes there's DRM" to "No, absolutely no DRM".

The last DRM-related response I got from them, however, following their Update #2, says this:
"While we are still looking into having Steam as a distributor, I can guarantee you that there will be an option to install without connecting to the internet."

So I guess that's that, and the issue finally has closure. Now trying to scrape together a few more dollars so I can get the bloody fedora* :bro:

*: nah who am I kidding, there's no way I can afford that :(

Amidst this excitement, I've got this urge to play UAKM again. I'm trying to get my UAKM discs to work, but disc 1 seems to be too mouldy. Oh well. Looks like I'll be giving some potato to GOG.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Maybe I'm vastly overestimating how expensive it is to do everything with FMV?
Nah, you're just underestimating the team's ability to come up with good stuff for cheap ;)
TBH I might've been sceptical, but they've got Carr, and we've all seen the magic he can do. Just compare the HUGE increase in quality between the FMV in UKM and TPD. Sure a lot of it is due to Jones & Connors being more comfortable with the engine and technology, but most of it was I think from getting Carr on board. Jones has said so in the past as well.

So I guess that's that, and the issue finally has closure. Now trying to scrape together a few more dollars so I can get the bloody fedora
Tell me about it. I'd kill to afford that tier. And let's not go into the "meet Chris and Aaron" tier...

EDIT: Just realized what the $500 tier gives. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

FrancoTAU

Cipher
Less than 2K backers is the only thing I'm concerned about. At about ~$100 average pledge I don't think they expect much more money from the diehards. They need a ton of new people to learn about the project and pledge.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
I just noticed that at $10000, you get the official Tex Murphy trench coat too.

Jeeeeesus ... :cool:

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Less than 2K backers is the only thing I'm concerned about. At about ~$100 average pledge I don't think they expect much more money from the diehards.
This is why every Codexer pledging only $15 is not a bro :rpgcodex:

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Wow, I'm pleasantly surprised with how well this kickstarter is going.

$450,000 seems like relatively little compared to other kickstarters when you consider this is going to use all live actors. Maybe I'm vastly overestimating how expensive it is to do everything with FMV?

I'm surprisingly excited to see how well the FMV adventure genre works with modern, HD footage compared to the shit quality of yore.

Well the 'Casebook' series of HOG/detective games use HD FMV to very good effect. It's a series made in New Zealand for almost nothing so it certainly is possible.

This is why every Codexer pledging only $15 is not a bro :rpgcodex:

Or poor...:( I certainly would give my left nut for the $500 tier though if I could.

trustno1code

Prophet
Now trying to scrape together a few more dollars so I can get the bloody fedora* :bro:

*: nah who am I kidding, there's no way I can afford that :(
So looks like I'm the only (kinda) rich jackass here that can (kinda) afford it, so I jumped on the 750$ tier as soon as I saw that fedora and hardcopies of the books and that box set (even though I've got the whole series on gog already). And I don't feel that great about it, actually, there are times when I fell like an idiot who's spending a large chunk of his savings on cardboard and tchotchkes (hope I spelled that right). And a hat.

And then I watch the pitch again, and want to pull out another 250 to get the lighter. :troll:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Fuck you, commie. What city are you in? I'll probably come home in autumn and want to pay you a little visit. :x
And if you're not a complete fag you should play the others.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Fuck you, commie. What city are you in? I'll probably come home in autumn and want to pay you a little visit. :x
And if you're not a complete fag you should play the others.

Galati right now...good luck getting to me. :p I'll be in Brisbane and then Moree, NSW in a few months though. Bring it on Combatfag!!!!

images

Really though, I liked SQ3. Problem was that after I finished it my XT died soon after and back at the beginning of the 90's PC's cost a fucking fortune, so had to wait until 1995 for a replacement. By then, adventure games were dead and hard to find, so I moved on. I'll get around to going through them eventually. Not much time now, and one needs it with adventures.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Galati right now...good luck getting to me

You have no idea how close that is. Braila here.

Seriously though, you must really love that wife of yours to not only stay in Romania, but also in one of the crappiest parts.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Galati right now...good luck getting to me

You have no idea how close that is. Braila here.

Seriously though, you must really love that wife of yours to not only stay in Romania, but also in one of the crappiest parts.

Yeah, I know. Been here originally for a few months at the end of 2002-start of 2003, then 2004 and 2005 (mostly in Bucharest), now in Galati since 2006. You really in Braila? Then definitely we need to get together!

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Yeah, that's my hometown. I'll only be there for a moth or two, though.
I'll bring the candles, you bring the wine. :codexisfor:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
It's a date! And there's another one that lives in Braila that I know. A threesome is always better!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom