Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Terra Bellica: join the Codex in an intelligent MMO TBS

Do you find TB to be superior to most other MMO strategies?

• Yes, vastly superior

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Better, but not by far

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's perfectly average

• Worse, but not by far

• No, vastly inferior

• I dislike TBS so much I won't try it

• I dislike MMO so much I won't try it

• Total voters
Made an account as "Major Eric Shun"

Humanophage

Arcane
Welcome, gentlemen.

23 out of 25 members of our clan show regular activity. Looks like the game is well-received.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
can anyone comment as to minimal system requirements to normally run the game ?

im trying to figure out if it will succeed on a eee-pc since my rig has been banished to the attic.

sorry if this was answered somewhere else but i heard the search was broken lol.

Humanophage

Arcane
I should think the system requirements are minimal. Not sure how it will run on a eee-pc, you have to try it for yourself.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
it runs in a browser, has no flash but loads a set of 15x15 tiles (+extra tiles that are superimposed on top of the ground ones) in what seems to be max. 256 colours... should work on an eee pc

gromit

Arcane
I take it most of the conversation has moved to the (private?) game-specific forum. But, now that some of you guys have been at this for a month, what do you think? Much of the time, these games are hard to judge until you've sunk some time in - it took me too long years ago to get sick of ogame.

Checked the poll results... fairly evenly split between "Hate MMOs, Won't Play It" and (essentially) "Hate MMOs, Am Playing It" and, while very Codexian, this is not very informative. I suppose I'll have to play it at some point in the near future, to make sure it does not overlap with one of my many schemes, which I do not share with said Codex, lest they mock my vaporous ways.

Edit: annnnnd I signed up and continent-hopped just in time for the scheduled downtime. Oh well. Saw one of you.

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
I like it, quite a bit, just got rid of my dark aura to blow some guy up so now I can be predatory and kill others.

Its not very time consuming, yet offers some micromanagement that you can take advantage of (I was sitting there hitting refresh so that I could relocate a serfs duties from one resource to another without destroying the original resource, or wasting time pulling him off halfway through)

Welcome aboard.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
The game is very slow, especially at the start when you're trying to set up your first village. And after you set up shop it's still a rather slow paced game.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
We still have a lot of places to expand to and other players to conquer. Feel free to join.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I like the fact that it plays a bit like warlords, but without fixed cities. Also looks good enough, yet light enough to run in a browser.

For MMO, I do prefer FPS games, or COOP games like L4D or RTS on occasion.

This is a bit different but if one disregards the Arena section it can be seen as a single player game almost.

Humanophage

Arcane
Indeed, the single-player part is rather fine as well. For instance, at the moment I'm exploring the nearby isles in search of powerful orcs. Because our current isle is so densely populated, anything above level 2 pretty much stopped spawning in my woods. Kraken hunting is also fun. I think I'm one of the first people to acquire a level III item in the entire game (found an armour on a kraken).

I honestly wouldn't call it exceedingly slow-paced at this stage. The arena is pretty much an RTS, too.

dehimos

Augur
Hi :salute:

I am Dehimos of Gilead. I found this game reading your forum. Dont kill me, God of Codex!!!

Traxis

Novice
Hi,

I'm a friend of Dehimos. My username in the game is Demiurgo (i usually use this out there, but here it was already registered :(). Sadly i didn't know anything about the referral link, so i registered without using it :/

So, see you in the game!

Fenris Warg

Novice
Hi Malakal!

I found the game browsing this forum so please don't attack a fellow Codexer. :)

Greetings, a long time lurker

/Fenrisulv

Lord Chambers

Erudite
I'd love a Lets Play. I recognize that is a) time consuming and b) challenging since secrecy is part of the strategy, but maybe one or two of you are trying to generate a player base and find it worth the effort.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
not sure TB is LP material... it takes weeks to build a decent economy from scratch and the game's pace ranges from slow to static outside the arena (plus you're only allowed one account per player, so someone new would have to do it... or... you could give it a try yourself)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom