Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tamriel Rebuilt keeps chugging along

I have more hope in Beyond Skyrim project then any of these.
cant even remember the last time i installed and played Morrowind.
I wouldn't be surprised at all if Skyrim modders surpass TR and PT rather quickly. Unfortunately for me, I have zero interest in Skyrim.

Tenebris

Scholar
I wouldn't be surprised at all if Skyrim modders surpass TR and PT rather quickly. Unfortunately for me, I have zero interest in Skyrim.
The Cyrodiil project definitely will surpass TR and PT but I don't believe the others will.

None

Scholar
I would. Beyond Skyrim's only release, Bruma, came out in 2017. I guess they're too busy implementing fart fetish books.

Have a small whiff:
"A gate to Oblivion? In Patricia's massive ass?", asked the priest.

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
BS is absolutely not releasing anything major aside from Roscrea, Atmora (which are very small projects) and, perhaps, perhaps, Cyrodiil (at some point in far future).

Things always look better from the outside I guess. I thought Skyrim projects are doing better than that.

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Look at how they're struggling with Roscrea and Atmora, which are both cases similar to TR: they are, basically, more of the same (at least that's the approach they chose). Cyrodiil is a massively popular project which gathers almost all of the attention of people who want to get into BS modding, which is why I think that there's a chance that it will get done. Other ones though...? Yeah.

Hey, at least PT for Morrowind has made a very detailed maps (I mean it, it's detailed to individual map cell level) of Summerset Isles :lol: They'll surely use it as some point... Yeah...

dreughjiggers

Maidenhaver
meh if TR does go to hell, its already produced some great shit. The previous releases are still out there. The planning docs are accessible. The mod team could all die or quit, but there is enough work already for any curious and motivated to try again. Not the end of the world.

I do think Project Tamriel was a waste of time. Not only can't the vanilla engine play those mods, because the map goes nuts, but finishing those are actually unrealistic goals.

Luzur

Good Sir
Look at how they're struggling with Roscrea and Atmora, which are both cases similar to TR: they are, basically, more of the same (at least that's the approach they chose). Cyrodiil is a massively popular project which gathers almost all of the attention of people who want to get into BS modding, which is why I think that there's a chance that it will get done. Other ones though...? Yeah.

Hey, at least PT for Morrowind has made a very detailed maps (I mean it, it's detailed to individual map cell level) of Summerset Isles :lol: They'll surely use it as some point... Yeah...

seems to be going along nicely?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
So it's too late to backup the mod before they defile it to unusable state?
The previous releases are still out there
ah ok

The mod team could all die or quit, but there is enough work already for any curious and motivated to try again.
and who could that be?
The same bunch that spoils and fester upon the old work, made by different kind of folks from old age and foundation ideas?

dreughjiggers

Maidenhaver
Folks at Project Tamriel seem all in all to be much more professional (if you could even use that term when it comes to modding games for fun), more adept at long-term planning and more focused on results. Which fits, because they have MUCH more work to do, especially Cyrodiil team, they need to make enough assets to create basically new games in engine from scratch. TR had it easy in a way, mainland Morrowind is just more of what shipped in vanilla when it comes to assets at the very least.

It's not like any of these projects will get done of course. They will not. I estimate that Cyrodiil team will break after Skingrad at the very, very latest, Skyrim after Whiterun, and perhaps, God willing, the projects will at least touch (northern Chorrol county with Falkreath region), which will be nice.
lol TR has doubled the game's playable quests and exterior cells. Beyond Skyrim made Bruma?

It's a good mod, but I just wouldn't expect miracles. The current team is more focusd on arguing about bullshit, redoing old stuff, and implementing lgbtq characters.

Tenebris

Scholar
Looking through their dev list I'm less surprised by all this now. The vast majority of the more...argumentative devs have all joined relatively recently. It's odd that many of them are now "Senior Developers", "Reviewers" or a Moderator in the chat. Either the barrier to entry is extremely easy or they were very desperate at some point.

Kalon

Scholar

seems to be going along nicely?

Frankly what's the point of recreating exactly the same gameworld in another engine? They're doing the same boring Oblivionic Cyrodiil whereas they could have tried to implement more interesting stuff. These imperial cult chapels still look like standard european churches, and not very impressive ones at that.

implementing lgbtq characters.

Really ? Honestly it wouldn't be too far fetched, there's already Crassius Curio and there has been a few historical examples of crossdressing people among the European elite. Obviously it should remain a few isolated cases or it's going to be quite silly.

too busy implementing fart fetish books.

I really thought you were making that up until I clicked the link.
On that note, I think too many people take the stories of ingame books, and some pieces of TES lore, too literally. I'm quite sure that some books which depict historical events are to be taken moreas historical novels than actual scholarly work; and that the mythical explanation given to some events of the past is just that (a myth) and not how the event actually happened.

Really ? Honestly it wouldn't be too far fetched, there's already Crassius Curio and there has been a few historical examples of crossdressing people among the European elite. Obviously it should remain a few isolated cases or it's going to be quite silly.
Yeah, in their minds Morrowind and Tamriel are the most lgbtq friendly places in the universe. I don't trust these people to portray the aristocratic slave society of Morrowind well, especially going forwards into the lands of the infamous house Dres.

notpl

Arbiter
implementing lgbtq characters.

What on earth does the "European elite" have to do with Morrowind? There are a lot of RPG settings you can accuse of being a barely painted-over version of the hundred-years war, but Vvardenfell is absolutely not one of them.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This is pretty much the only thing in gaming I'm truly looking forward to, and trannies are in the process of ruining it... just like they've been ruining everything else they touch.

We truly need TTD, the sooner the better.

This is pretty much the only thing in gaming I'm truly looking forward to, and trannies are in the process of ruining it... just like they've been ruining everything else they touch.

We truly need TTD, the sooner the better.
It's quite ironic that they kick anyone who isn't "current year politics" supporter. One would think that it would be benefical to have people who actually believe in aristocracy themselves because they can offer an insight into how a Dunmer might actually think.

But what do I know, right? Maybe transgender, vegan, antiracist Marx fanboys understand aristocratic worldviews the best.

Vatnik Wumao
Yeah, in their minds Morrowind and Tamriel are the most lgbtq friendly places in the universe. I don't trust these people
Same shit as with the Elder Kings mod team (with the decline from EK1 for CK2 to EK2 for CK3 being noticeable). They don't understand how things functioned (and *why*) in premodern societies, so they fill in the blanks in the setting (or outright twist the actual lore) to fit their modern sensibilities as if it being a fantasy setting means that there shouldn't be internal consistency in the sort of societal norms that develop within it.

Are there any examples of them adding in pozzed shit?
There are homosexual ( possibly even trans chars now) implemented, which in itself isn't really a problem. The problem is they are pushing the lore to be as inclusive as possible. Homosexuality being widely accepted in Morrowind, house Indoril having gay marriage and whatever else.

I don't think the mod is gay right now, but it seems to be going there.

thesecret1

Arcane
Are there any examples of them adding in pozzed shit?
There are homosexual ( possibly even trans chars now) implemented, which in itself isn't really a problem. The problem is they are pushing the lore to be as inclusive as possible. Homosexuality being widely accepted in Morrowind, house Indoril having gay marriage and whatever else.

I don't think the mod is gay right now, but it seems to be going there.
That is absolutely disgusting.

Hagashager

Educated
Boy I uhhh, I kinda wish I hadn't read the last two pages.

It puts a bitter taste in my mouth knowing that much drama and idpol is apparently seeping into Morrowind's fans.

Do they not realize the game was very explicitly written as a reflection of real-world bigotries? Trying to make Morrowind politically correct is, itsrlf, an example of what the game warns.

I'm gonna call it right now: TR will never be finished, and from now on you're going to see it slowly shrivel into a neutered mess until the project dies a gasping death under the weight of its culture war nonsense.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom