Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Takedown: Red Sabre, aka "Hardcore Tactical Shooter"

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
That fellow has excellent taste in helmets and I wish him luck in collecting the other six dragon balls

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Kickstartng sumthing guys
Hardcore tactical turn based apoc shooter.

Concetp art: fallout in africa

kwared.png

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Got my Paradox mailer too:

Fill in our survey and get a free copy of Cities in Motion! We'd like to know more about what makes you happy and what we can do to make you even happier, and listening to rumours is so dungeons and dragons. So, complete our survey before March 31st and get a free copy of soothing city-planner Cities In Motion, no strings attached.

You'll find the survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ParadoxSurvey

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Got my Paradox mailer too:

Fill in our survey and get a free copy of Cities in Motion! We'd like to know more about what makes you happy and what we can do to make you even happier, and listening to rumours is so dungeons and dragons. So, complete our survey before March 31st and get a free copy of soothing city-planner Cities In Motion, no strings attached.

You'll find the survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ParadoxSurvey
Is it good? Is it DRM-free?

LordDenton

Augur
For starters Jason is a programmer. And that list doesn't help to drive your point across seeing how programming was horrid in all Troika games (also his part in F2 was minimal because he left).
Second - Fargo has absolutely nothing to do with Fallout. And Wasteland was when? Which isn't a good game by today's standards. And what shit did he release since then in InXile? Nothing but shit.

Your post is a yet another proof that Codexers are sucking off "celebrities" in Kickstarter.

WTF? In Bloodlines Anderson was creative director, level builder, and scripter. Tim Cain, on the other hand, is credited as a "programmer".

In Arcanum he is credited as both project leader and lead programmer.

In Fallout he's credited as a lead artist.

So, basically, being one of the key people involved in creating the above games means nothing to you.

Angthoron

Arcane
Meantime, at Kickstarter, Mr Allen has gathered 112K and has 3 days to go. Can he make it?!

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Incidentally, these used to be a thread about a zombie survival game here on the 'Dex, that one made by some former army dude. He eventually started a kickstarter which failed. I think that so far the system is working pretty good ? Also, skyway gonna skyway.

Angthoron

Arcane
Meantime, at Kickstarter, Mr Allen has gathered 112K and has 3 days to go. Can he make it?!

You know, I just realized that this guy is starting a kickstarter to get funds to do a real kickstarter with a publisher. That's pretty messed up.
Yeah, it is. And if they do manage to scrape that money together, I wonder if the publisher will be like "Hmmm, how about we make this a liiiittle more accessible for the newer players?"

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron

You know, I just realized that this guy is starting a kickstarter to get funds to do a real kickstarter with a publisher. That's pretty messed up.
Yeah, it is. And if they do manage to scrape that money together, I wonder if the publisher will be like "Hmmm, how about we make this a liiiittle more accessible for the newer players?"
Even worse, if he gets the money and the publishers don't want the game, the money will just dissapear in his hands, no refunds for the donators since he never promised a game, just to try to make one...

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
He added a PG bleeped video and handled pretty well the critic:

Alesander Valero Fernandez about 3 hours ago
"Bleeping" the video to attract a bigger audience? You are supposed to make this VIOLENT game for a specific audience of patient grown-ups, not for everyone and their mother (literally). Are you going to listen to people saying "I want to be able to shoot people with my kids"? I don't think that's a good sign for your project.

Christian Allen, Serellan LLC about 2 hours ago
@Alesander Just to be clear, I added a SECOND video on youtube with the bleeps (the original is still on the KS page). Looks like you can't win on the internet.

FACEPALM

This guy is just to stressed and butthurt to do anything....when the project fails, I expect a raging FUCK YOU INTERNET post...

Angthoron

Arcane
He added a PG bleeped video and handled pretty well the critic:

Alesander Valero Fernandez about 3 hours ago
"Bleeping" the video to attract a bigger audience? You are supposed to make this VIOLENT game for a specific audience of patient grown-ups, not for everyone and their mother (literally). Are you going to listen to people saying "I want to be able to shoot people with my kids"? I don't think that's a good sign for your project.

@Alesander Just to be clear, I added a SECOND video on youtube with the bleeps (the original is still on the KS page). Looks like you can't win on the internet.

FACEPALM

This guy is just to stressed and butthurt to do anything....when the project fails, I expect a raging FUCK YOU INTERNET post...
Well at least it provides some entertainment.

Stabwound

Arcane
I have a sick feeling of schadenfreude watching this guy and his kickstarter fall apart at the seams. :smug:

Unfortunately, there's nothing stopping him from relaunching the kickstarter again. I don't think he'll be able to ever reach his goal, though, especially considering he'll probably get zero media attention the second time around.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
I do hope he succeeds, for two reasons:
A: There's the remote chance it might actually succeed and not be shit. That would be nice.
B: Maybe if 'development' continues past Sunday, we'll get more lulz out of this guy.

However, there is no way I would ever put down a cent of my own money for this. Reason B isn't enough to pay money for, and Reason A seemed unlikely before, but even more so now that it's clear how unprofessionally things are being done. Still, good luck Christian Allen, I guess.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
However, there is no way I would ever put down a cent of my own money for this. Reason B isn't enough to pay money for, and Reason A seemed unlikely before, but even more so now that it's clear how unprofessionally things are being done. Still, good luck Christian Allen, I guess.

You got it all wrong. See, it's possible to withdraw your pledge. (Manage pledge, scroll way down to the button). So what everyone shoudl do is pledge a shitton of money so it looks like the project will succeed, then withdraw their pledges when there's a fe whours left. The butthurt would be Majestic™

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

You got it all wrong. See, it's possible to withdraw your pledge. (Manage pledge, scroll way down to the button). So what everyone shoudl do is pledge a shitton of money so it looks like the project will succeed, then withdraw their pledges when there's a fe whours left. The butthurt would be Majestic™

I endorse this plan. Somebody post it in on /b/ and /v/:troll:

LundB

Mistakes were made.

I endorse this plan. Somebody post it in on /b/ and /v/:troll:

The butthurt might be from an unexpected direction. Given how incompetent many 4channers are, I'm sure that if enough people did this, at least one kid who used his mommy's credit card to pledge a ton of $$$ would encounter some difficulties unpledging, and the project would actually end up funded thanks to his 'generous' $xx,000 donation.

The resulting butthurt would be even funnier than if the project actually failed. Also, it would be interesting to see how Kickstarter itself would address such an issue.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
I do hope he succeeds, for two reasons:
A: There's the remote chance it might actually succeed and not be shit. That would be nice.
:what:

It's an insanely remote chance (as I said, I wouldn't ever put my money into this), but it is possible. Even Skyway has said as much.

After all, if he gets it funded without my money, even if he fails to produce anything, what do I lose?

PorkaMorka

Arcane
The butthurt might be from an unexpected direction. Given how incompetent many 4channers are, I'm sure that if enough people did this, at least one kid who used his mommy's credit card to pledge a ton of $$$ would encounter some difficulties unpledging, and the project would actually end up funded thanks to his 'generous' $xx,000 donation.

The resulting butthurt would be even funnier than if the project actually failed. Also, it would be interesting to see how Kickstarter itself would address such an issue.

Especially since it isn't exactly clear how well unpledging really works.

I changed my Wasteland 2 pledge several times and some of the old pledges were still showing up as payment authorizations on my Amazon payments account until I manually removed them.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
55k remaining with 28 hours left on the clock.
Do you think he will make it?
I don't think 25% of all funding will happen in the last day... But who knows. Maybe fake backers forget to retract their 10k pledges. That would be something.

Stabwound

Arcane
I'm rooting for this one to fail, but I suppose it could be funded with a last minute spike. He's done over $50,000 since the rebranding to Takedown earlier this week, but yeah doing that much again in 24 hours is iffy.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
This project did have a lousy start so I suppose it's entirely possible that they reach their target. However, I'd guess that they end up with something like 180k.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Maybe if his target audience didn't have to borrow their mums credit card to pledge :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom