Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Sword Coast Legends Pre-Release Thread

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
"But...i cannot stand the lips in the character creation mode.

Eyes are beautiful,nose is cute and hair are fine but the lips...just ugly."

Awesome pre-release stuff wil fix it:

9b1ea8a3556384704274f30db88ecceb749d032803b1c3bcfdbb77fea5627831.jpg

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Big news:

Despite things starting to get a little buggy last head start, this is the GAME of the year!

The game translates the 5e spirit very well as a dungeon crawl action game. Once many of the Monsters that are missing, and perhaps a few more tile sets are created, I think we can really see a user content generated masterpiece.

I also have no doubt that the campaign mode will be equal if not better than baldur's gate and dragon age combined!

As far as the constant complaints; attacking on rule set, too much like a mmo and not the virtual table top I wanted comments, all I have to say is, "wait until The Pathfinder MMO comes out...you want to see some fan boys cry then" .....Lol!

My top games this year are

1- Sword Coast Legends
2- Ark Survival Evolved
3- Star Wars Battlefront

My main reason for like these games is they are familiar enough to jump in and play, yet fresh enough to not feel like re-skinned corporate carney rides. (And the most exciting part is that all these games are beating the pants off everything else without even being finished yet!)

Thanks again for making the game of the year!

https://forums.swordcoast.com/index.php?/topic/6150-this-is-the-game-of-the-year/

This and Fallout 4 are my most anticipated games

Lol. Way too many bugs at this time. If the story is good I could overlook that. Fallout 4 is much higher on my list for possible game of the year.

Seeing as Halo 5, Fallout 4, and Star Wars: Battlefront are coming out, it's got some rather steep competition.

Game of the year will land in the lap of fallout 4 or WItcher 3 if you ask me. This game and Pillars of Eternity will be grabbing up titles that you can't laugh at though.

This, Fallout 4 and Torment: Tides of Numenera.

I believe this game to will be second on my list if Seige of Dragonspear is released this year.

Last edited:

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
I also have no doubt that the campaign mode will be equal if not better than baldur's gate and dragon age combined!

I am confused.

The combination of some people's DNA confuses me too.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Lucky for me Rebel Galaxy is also coming out on 20th so I can play an actually fun game that is not pretending to be something it is not.

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
this is the GAME of the year!

The game translates the 5e spirit very well as a dungeon crawl action game. Once many of the Monsters that are missing, and perhaps a few more tile sets are created, I think we can really see a user content generated masterpiece.

Brain. Hurts. Stop. Please.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I think we should stop our bigotry and hatred and accept every game is GotY.

This is why the codex exists. We can flat out call this shit exactly what it is. This is nothing but a mass accessible cash grab with the D&D "name" slapped on it. And sadly Wizards of the Coast are ok with this........ Ugh

pippin

WotC has been shitting on the D&D name for a long time, though, but yeah, I do agree with that. Hating everything related to the gaming industry these days (not only video games) seems much more reasonable than the opposite. And I'm a pacifist!

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I completely get that HASBRO/WotC now solely focus on $$$$$$ but come on, this is really fucking bad as a representative of the D&D 5.0 edition. Why do you hate turn based games WotC???

Lord Andre

Arcane
The sad part is, unlike 4, 5th edition actually is decent and would of made a pretty cool crpg. Oh well, guess we'll have to wait for D&D 6 7...

Shin

Cipher
Despite things starting to get a little buggy last head start, this is the GAME of the year!

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
6 hours and 51 minutes until the full game is released for pre-orders. If you want to avoid spoilers, you should probably vacate this thread today.

Weasel
I'm guessing the Codex has a review key after the favourable coverage in this thread and the Gamescom report? Looking forward to checking out the review before deciding whether to purchase.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
No, we don't. We didn't get a White March key either, so that Decado review was totally for the birds as well.

Weasel
Quick FYI for Codexers interested in digital collectibles (and mace fans in general) :

Just a heads up, there are codes for the Mace of Terror PAX exclusive DLC item available for sale on Ebay if anybody is interested. Going rate seems to be about $8.99. Not that bad for an exclusive item that many people would never have a chance to get otherwise. Who knows, these could go up or down in price after the buzz dies down and more people return home with their codes with intentions of selling.

http://www.ebay.com/...hsAAOSwLqFV7m-M

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
The full game is now live and available to anybody who pre-ordered. Who says only bad things are released on a Friday?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom