Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Sword Coast Legends Pre-Release Thread

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
dude, there's not even 100 people on this poll. Drama is good and all, especially this thread, but I seriously doubt n-Space gives a flying fuck about 100 or so nerds on the internet.

Go vote then.

pippin

I don't think there's a lot of people playing the pre-release versions, to be honest. So 100 votes could be representative of the users' opinions.

Mustawd

diddy.jpg

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
The power of the toolkit, revealed:

How do I keep the identity of the creature in a Defeat the Boss quest from displaying? I want a little surprise when players finally meet him, and if, right under the quest, it says "Defeat the Ashen Priest", it's kind of ruined.

You can put an NPC just outside the boss room that gives the quest. You could do it in a way that makes it look like they are either running away (having escaped or something), or maybe they are there dying...but whatever dialogue you use could then give the Kill Boss quest.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It only gets better when you realize that absolutely nothing about the single player has been revealed so far...
Not even from the ESRB. :)

Content Descriptors: Violence, Blood, Mild Language, Use of Alcohol
Other: Indicates possible exposure to unfiltered/uncensored user-generated content, including user-to-user interactions and media sharing via social media and networks

Fallout 4's far more detailed than that. An after-thought, like NWN's.

pippin

Any game with combat would at least have those 3 first tags guaranteed. I wonder if potion drinking counts as Use of Alcohol.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think we have seen some snippets of gameplay from single player? A while ago, from before they started posting all the horrible hour-long dungeon crawling Twitch videos.

Magellan

Augur
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I've really been trying to be positive about this game, and think that it will be kinda cool or entertaining..... but Jesus everything about this just screams ultra-decline. :(

I'm beginning to suspect that this whole project is actually a cover for the filming of a Christopher Guest or Armando Ianucci parody of the crpg industry.

There is no other sane explanation.

Weasel
Looking good for release day, hard mode just got even more fearsome:

Hs4 Nerf: Hard Mode Is Gone From Cake Walk To Very Easy
Don't get me wrong, I am very happy with the reduction of the number of attacks, and the nerf on healing weapons (I would have simply deleted them, but the way they work now renders them nearly useless, so it is the same). My ranger was no longer a self healing, vorpal machine gun anymore.

However, as I said after HS3 in many posts, it was only the top of the iceberg. The stacking of UBER magical items still makes that hard mode is just plain easy. And after selecting twince a button that says "hard" before playing, I am expecting more.

I played roughly 15 dungeon crawling runs, with my level 20 pally and level 20 ranger (always with companions). I died only to one-shot traps with the assassin guild master. This was kind of lame actually. The new Demon is just a boring fight: 2 extra mobs with tons of HP but that hit like sissy. It is just a few minuts without any challenge to mow them down slowly. True, I needed a healer since the healing weapons are useless now (again I am happy with that), but the AI was enough in 98% of the situations and I only had to pause a few times to self cast a heal, and I think I used 2 potions of medium strenght. The new rules saying that mobs will heal fully when wipe? Great rule, ... Oh, ... 15 runs in hard mode zero wipe ... couldn't test it sorry

So why don't you implement either stacking limits or a good nerf to all UBER magic items? or both? But it MUST happen. I was bored after those 15 runs... Honestly ...

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I was just thinking about that. Blaine wept.

(The IE games stopped you from stacking armor AC too though)

Weasel
Hadn't checked their forums for a while as prolonged exposure poses a sanity risk, but a week from release it seems they're still a gold mine. People making modules complained that the HP of the monsters they placed was all over the place, so the latest patch included a simple solution:

The Fix For The Screwed Up Hp Numbers Was To Hide Hp?
Seriously? What is that I hear? The credibility of the devs crumbling into the sea?

Monster HP are all wacky, with my level 1 town constables having 75 HP, and hand placed monsters having more HP than the same monsters generated by encounters and the solution is to hide the numbers from view? Sorry, the dev team for this game is a bad joke.

Yep, hiding the number isn't the same thing as fixing it. The number we see isn't an issue just because it doesn't look right but because it actually effects the game in a negative manner. It's still messed up. Let's get it fixed, not hidden.

More transparency is key in module creation, not less. Let us see how things scale and what the starting point for that scaling is. Without that it's a bit of a crap shoot when designing encounters. I should have a general idea just how powerful encounters are without needing to test every single one of them. As it is right now I'm just making somewhat educated guesses, testing and changing them around. It makes creating fun encounters a bit tedious.

Never had this problem designing adventures for tabletop. The reason being is that the tabletop game is completely transparent while this game hides vital information that a DM needs.

One of the other things we don't know about monsters is any special defensive powers like elemental or poison resistance. I guess DMs just don't need to know that sort of thing.

No.. no.. the game is fine without using the 5e rules. Haven't you heard?

I mean.. had they used the 5e rules then you could pull out a monster manual and see.. the X monsters is supposed to have Y HP and be immune to Z things.. I mean, clearly no one wants to do that? Thats just too much work. Its better to guess at what HP something has.. I mean, who cares as long as the monsters look cool right?

On this note I had a lot of my creatures resetting their stats so they have 19 Con making my lackeys quite durable. Really annoying since I couldn't fix it

Mortmal

Arcane
They hid the HP numbers from the DM? :lol:
You cant even place the loot manually in chests ,you dont have free reign on placing mosnters either. If the party run into traps, the DM is penalized, theres not 1/10 of what you could do in neverwinter 1 .The cherry on the cake is you have to pay more to even have the beholder model. I guess they expect to sell ton of ldcs over it.However if you try it the sheer amount of decline will strike you , no one will buy anything additionnal after that , not for the online mode at least.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom