Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Suggestion: lulz button

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I still mean to convert them all over to bbcode but that would be a nice interim touch - at least for viewing old items in the news forum. Though it's not a high priority. Being able to click "funny" for posts is much more important.

introducing Politics forum brofists was an awful choice
Valuable data is being gained on who all the racists are for the upcoming holocaust "final solution".

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Ratings: 954/0/0

What hath thee wrought, Oh Underlords of Most Dark?
Looks like a Yay/Meh/Nay counter....Not only negative but neutral brofisting coming!! I don't know if I like it that much though. The butthurt consoletards will troll the forums adding negatives to a poster just because they don't agree that Twitcher 2 is better than Derp Souls.

Phelot

Arcane
I notice that I cannot currently brofist. I sense a great rift of the current power structure incoming.

Esquilax

Arcane
Looks like a Yay/Meh/Nay counter....Not only negative but neutral brofisting coming!! I don't know if I like it that much though. The butthurt consoletards will troll the forums adding negatives to a poster just because they don't agree that Twitcher 2 is better than Derp Souls.

Yeah, I think this whole setup is lame and it doesn't work for the Codex at all. Do we need a million shiny buttons everywhere? The confrontational nature of this place won't mesh well with an unbrofist button since it'll just pointlessly drag arguments out. It'll drag the Politics subforum down even further since you'll just have the status quo of Western Defense Forcers brofisting each other in a never-ending circle jerk and unbrofisting lefties, while lefties do the same.

Neutral brofists are just plain stupid. If there's nothing particularly exceptional about a post, then why the fuck even bother commenting on it? Actually, now that I've looked at them some more, I think that the middle number signifies any of the other icons that aren't brofist/unbrofist. I still don't like it.

Brofists were acceptable, as they allowed you to skim through a thread and find the good posts, as well as to avoid the inevitable barrage of "+1" and :salute: that would clutter things up, but if you have all these buttons everywhere, it really fucks up the discourse and the nuance in any sort of discussion that occasionally occurs here once in a blue moon. It's pretty much the definition of popamole.

I don't see what was so lacking in the original setup that things needed to be changed. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Arm yourselves my brothers!

TZb9x.jpg

LundB

Mistakes were made.
The redundancy of most of the various ratings is unfortunate, as are the little pictures for each that now get displayed at the bottom of every post. That really makes the page less attractive. The simple text of who had brofisted a post was far less obtrusive.

Also anything that makes this place into RedditPGCodex is bad.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom