Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Stellaris - Paradox new sci-fi grand strategy game

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
KEEP HITTING THE HOME RUNS PARADOX

Mortmal

Arcane
It's mostly about the price tag; it's far too much for what it is, unless you get a Russian key. There are some improvements, like tabs on the right side finally, after seven years, making it possible to quickly see your fleets instead of scrolling down your dozen-planet list. The rifts are just like the archaeology pack, not much more, expected to explore pockets of new universe? You are out of luck, only text based with no consequences. With some new events, you can start early, but it's better not to start until you get 100K+ fleets; you'll see when you discover it. Overall, it has good flavor text and adventure, but again, it's too expensive.

expected to explore pockets of new universe? You are out of luck
weird, because i had a mod doing just that, and paradox has just been copying mods for years.
The DLC model means that all content has to be modular and optional, while adding large features like this wouldn't work unless it was something everyone got and then the DLC just marginally improved (like the leaders update). Big mods basically require a new game ala the star trek mod/game.

thesecret1

Arcane
expected to explore pockets of new universe? You are out of luck
weird, because i had a mod doing just that, and paradox has just been copying mods for years.
The DLC model means that all content has to be modular and optional, while adding large features like this wouldn't work unless it was something everyone got and then the DLC just marginally improved (like the leaders update). Big mods basically require a new game ala the star trek mod/game.
Yeah, the "you can mix and match DLCs however you want" sounds good on paper, but is ultimately the reason why their games get into a content bloat loop where no meaningful new mechanics get introduced. A consequence of their cancerous milking model, really.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
HELP i'm being harassed by liberal HR lady about the evils of enslaving people. Can't get a fucking rest even in vidya game. (((Peaceful traders))) doing their things and interfering in other empires.
Zrzut ekranu 2024-01-27 221832.png
Zrzut ekranu 2024-01-27 222108.png
Zrzut ekranu 2024-01-27 221843.png
Zrzut ekranu 2024-01-27 222140.png

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
ah, did u find the Commonwealth of Man too? There's a interesting event to unity then up with you if the same are present (usually are because of the UN).

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Ok it was from Expanded Events mod, i removed it. Author seems to like moral preaching.
I mean that's a very realistic situation if two human empires met. Literally what brits did in the 19 century.
In such cases I always LARP a Reunification Crusade. Every Human pop needs to be under the rule of the Terran Imperium.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
My bet is that they will release a DLC for each ascenion path. Cybernetics was a joke singe its implementation and this will be a content and mechanic pack.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom