Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Steam Game Festival - free demos of upcoming RPGs from June 16th to 22nd

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's not a sale, this a list of games that will have free demos from June 16 to 22.

How much do the demos usually cost? What happens after the 22nd?

The demos go away (although I guess the devs can leave them up if they really want to). The idea is it's a sample of a work in progress, similar to a press preview build at E3 but for everybody.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ash of Gods: Arena
Beyond Mankind
Bloom: Memories
Disjunction
Fabled Lands
Fae Tactics
Gestalt: Steam & Cinder
Gloria Victis: Siege
Golden Fall 2
Ostranauts
Pendragon
Roadwarden
SOLASTA Crown of the Magister
Suzerain
The Feud: Wild West Tactics
The Iron Oath
The Way of Wrath
Together in Battle
Undungeon
Vagrus - The Riven Realms
Zoria: Age of Shattering

These demos are released.

Black Book
Company of Crime
Project Haven
The Dungeon Of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet Of Chaos
The Fellowship Saga

These are still missing (though Black Book already had a free Prologue since May)

xuerebx

Erudite
Is there a time limit on how long you can play the demos (say, Solasta and The Fellowship Saga )? Or once it's installed you can play them at any time?

AliceAlcina

Learned
Is there a time limit on how long you can play the demos (say, Solasta and The Fellowship Saga )? Or once it's installed you can play them at any time?

some of my demos got revokes, through it was Virgil demo at Valentine's day.

AliceAlcina

Learned
Based on what I see Pumpkin Jack demo got major overhaul... this would be worthwhile to check out.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
They're not all related to Steam Game Festival and I already played a couple.

ds.jpg

Whatever.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
I suppose some are DRM-free too, so you can copy the files elsewhere and play as you like.

Rafidur

Learned
Anything good?
I liked:
- Fae Tactics: unpolished TRPG, potential
- Naheulbeuk: XCOM 2 clone with better mechanics
- Ultrakill: Doom 2016 but ugly

AliceAlcina

Learned
Wytchwood - adventure meets crafting, creeepy
The Wild at Heart - something creature collecting x eye candy visuals, ridiculous protagonist name
Pumpkin Jack - I think demo is reworked, but can't be absolutely sure... music and sfx are absolute loud shit, great thing if you have quality speakers and tuned down the volume
Fabled Lands - Solasta meets indie, meh, hard
Ary and the Secret of seasons - good stuff, but totally silly facial expression and story

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The demos go away (although I guess the devs can leave them up if they really want to). The idea is it's a sample of a work in progress, similar to a press preview build at E3 but for everybody.
I love how now it's considered an event when developers deign to give people a demo. This should still be common like it was years ago. The list of games is massive and there's a ton I think I'd want to demo but it's only up for a week (not even)? Moronic. The demos should be permanent. You'd think with how obscure a lot of these titles are and how hard it is to get noticed on Steam these days you'd want to have a demo available to encourage sales.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
What's the difference between the Zoria free prologue and demo? Same question for Black Book, I guess.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Anyone tried demo of The Last Spell?

edit.

It is turn-based tower defense.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom