Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl Mod Thread

Kontra

Educated
So a new version finally came out...
:shredder:
I played v0692 for MONTHS. It may be time to do it again...

Legion
I dont know about Oblivion Lost but i also tried out "Lost Alpha" and it sucked... Dont play it.
As for OGSE it doesnt add any new maps(i think) but what they did with the AI or A - life or how you call it... well you have to see it for yourself. A poster from here (Lilura? i think) posted about it way ago on his blog. Thats how i found about it. I cant find that page right now but it doesnt matter, download OGSE and play it NOW! You wont regret it.

edit;

Heres that page
http://lilura1.blogspot.rs/2014/10/old-good-stalker-evolution-2.html
If you werent convinced by my scientific analysis then this will have to do.

Last edited:
So a new version finally came out...
:shredder:
I played v0692 for MONTHS. It may be time to do it again...

Legion
I dont know about Oblivion Lost but i also tried out "Lost Alpha" and it sucked... Dont play it.
As for OGSE it doesnt add any new maps(i think) but what they did with the AI or A - life or how you call it... well you have to see it for yourself. A poster from here (Lilura? i think) posted about it way ago on his blog. Thats how i found about it. I cant find that page right now but it doesnt matter, download OGSE and play it NOW! You wont regret it.

edit;

Heres that page
http://lilura1.blogspot.rs/2014/10/old-good-stalker-evolution-2.html
If you werent convinced by my scientific analysis then this will have to do.

I'm patiently waiting for Lost Alpha - Director's Cut to dive into that one.

For SoC, all I've played thus far is Complete, Autumn Aurora, and AMK.

Oblivion Lost 3.1 (definitive edition) looks like it has excellent visuals.

Hate to be a graphics whore, but I am one of the few people who prefered Complete to all other SoC mods for this reason.

If I could find a mod like OGSE and add another mod with would provide a graphical overhaul for the entire game, I would be content to try out OGSE.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Kontra
As for OGSE it doesnt add any new maps
It add Marshes and Darkscape (you will go through it when you run away from Dark Valley).

Legion

Oblivion Lost is the standalone product. It's just a bunch of old Stalker builds (from 2002 and later) merged into one, playable game.
They also included some stuff that never went out of concept arts and documents.
It's feels empty, it's hard but it's WAY closer to real Stalker that you can imagine - better atmosphere and story.

Lost Alpha sucked (no surprise, dez0 is classic "modders gonna modders" with massive ego) but OLR is better.

I'm patiently waiting for Lost Alpha - Director's Cut to dive into that one
For SoC, all I've played thus far is Complete,
:deathclaw:

EDIT2
someone linked Lilura 's blog, found this line
Lesser artifacts can be transmuted into greater ones, in OGSE.
I though it was only possible in Narodnaya Solyanka/ People's Soup or AMK but here it is.

Last edited:

Kontra

Educated
It add Marshes and Darkscape (you will go through it when you run away from Dark Valley).

Possible, my memory of vanilla game is a little fuzzy... As for transmuting artifacts you just take some to that scientist in Yantar and he makes you a new one.

Hate to be a graphics whore, but I am one of the few people who prefered Complete to all other SoC mods for this reason.

Well im a graphics whore too and let me tell you theres nothing to worry about with OGSE graphically speaking. All you need to do is download these two texture packs:

http://absolute.crommcruac.com/shadow-of-chernobyl/download.php

You dont need anything else trust me. It looks just as good as Complete and on top of that OGSE also has a ton of graphical options in the configurator.
SxvCoHZ.jpg

Frankly i kept most of these off... Some of them didnt work properly like sun shafts but i hear thats fixed now in the new version. Motion blur killed my framerate so i turned it off, deapt of field just blurs everything and SSAO kinda darkens everything... But i dont know, you decide. Even without those it looks just as good if not better than Complete(Shit). I reinstalled my OS recently so i dont have the game anymore, otherwise id post some screens and prove it. I remember oftentimes i couldnt stop taking screens and i even kept some as my desktop wallpaper, thats how good it looked. Im telling you man try it out and you wont regret it.

Possible, my memory of vanilla game is a little fuzzy... As for transmuting artifacts you just take some to that scientist in Yantar and he makes you a new one.

Well im a graphics whore too and let me tell you theres nothing to worry about with OGSE graphically speaking. All you need to do is download these two texture packs:

http://absolute.crommcruac.com/shadow-of-chernobyl/download.php

You dont need anything else trust me. It looks just as good as Complete and on top of that OGSE also has a ton of graphical options in the configurator.
SxvCoHZ.jpg

Frankly i kept most of these off... Some of them didnt work properly like sun shafts but i hear thats fixed now in the new version. Motion blur killed my framerate so i turned it off, deapt of field just blurs everything and SSAO kinda darkens everything... But i dont know, you decide. Even without those it looks just as good if not better than Complete(Shit). I reinstalled my OS recently so i dont have the game anymore, otherwise id post some screens and prove it. I remember oftentimes i couldnt stop taking screens and i even kept some as my desktop wallpaper, thats how good it looked. Im telling you man try it out and you wont regret it.

Thx bruh.

I've been looking for standalone texture packs for a while now.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady

:retarded:

This guy is not a minority, he's part of the masses who have no taste.

:retarded:

This guy is not a minority, he's part of the masses who have no taste.

You do realize that Complete is rated 9.4 on MODDB?

It was also #1 downloaded until the above 2 mods and Lost Alpha knocked it down to #4.

This is of course a mod that has not been updated since 2011.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
You do realize that Complete is rated 9.4 on MODDB?

It was also #1 downloaded until the above 2 mods and Lost Alpha knocked it down to #4.

This is of course a mod that has not been updated since 2011.

Yeah, which basically just supports my PoV: that you're not in minority and that the masses have no taste. Complete is on par with that blanket Morrowind overhaul: doesn't adhere to aesthetic authenticity of the original and is therefore utterly worthless.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
OGSE sounds fantastic; a true Stalker scavenger experience without bullshit grinding like the current Misery shit. I am not a graphics whore at all but Autum Aurora pretty much was it for me for ShoC... But like all things Stalker I play for the gameplay and graphics come second so this is exactly what gets me to replay ShoC, if only it had weapon modifications I would be in hevan
Dont be too harsh with Legion, the problem with Complete is that is the first playthrough for most players so they dont notice how many changes it makes, mostly bad, some good butbit makes for a lesser experience overall maybe this mod will change his mind

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Well, this is the Codex and shit taste needs to be pointed out. But yeah, OGSE is where it's at and Misery and Complete are pure scrubbery.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Popularity =/= quality in videogames. Learn it. Especially when it comes to sales.

Kontra
As for transmuting artifacts you just take some to that scientist in Yantar and he makes you a new one.
Oh thank goodness I was worrying that I need to do it in People's Soup's way. I mean - put your slav ass in the anomaly, drop the required ingredients (sometimes it's vodka or sausage) and wait for it long time, preferably somewhere out of NPC's path.

I might wait few days more so maybe another path appear. I found somewhere on my old HDD another version of SGM called Braz 1.6.1 and even though it's the same shit as usual - I played for hours even though OGSE was released.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh thank goodness I was worrying that I need to do it in People's Soup's way. I mean - put your slav ass in the anomaly, drop the required ingredients (sometimes it's vodka or sausage) and wait for it long time, preferably somewhere out of NPC's path.

You do it that way in Oblivion Lost as well.

Can't play OGSE right now but I'm really looking forward to it.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Anybody using the new version, the absolute packs are NOT compatible I tried them and the world was empty. Also what graphic settings do you guys recommend? The game ran like shit on default settings (the SAOO effects are terrible, the look like someone outlined the shadows around grass with a crayon) and the light effects look weird too... Any suggestions there to have the game play smoothly by X engine standards and look good?

Anybody using the new version, the absolute packs are NOT compatible I tried them and the world was empty. Also what graphic settings do you guys recommend? The game ran like shit on default settings (the SAOO effects are terrible, the look like someone outlined the shadows around grass with a crayon) and the light effects look weird too... Any suggestions there to have the game play smoothly by X engine standards and look good?

Which did you install first, Absolute packs or OGSE?

Kontra

Educated
Anybody using the new version, the absolute packs are NOT compatible I tried them and the world was empty.

Dont know what that can be... Sorry.

Also what graphic settings do you guys recommend? The game ran like shit on default settings (the SAOO effects are terrible, the look like someone outlined the shadows around grass with a crayon) and the light effects look weird too... Any suggestions there to have the game play smoothly by X engine standards and look good?

Leave only paralax maps and sun shafts if they fixed them. You dont need anything else not even HDR. In the end its not like the vanilla game is ugly. For example one thing thtat sucked with Absolute Textures was the grass so i kept the old one. Cant remember how i did it exactly, maybe i just copied back the grass folder or something. Really theres only one graphical mod you need for SOC and its this one:
http://kocayine.ru/2013/05/24/increase-the-grass-draw-distance-in-s-t-a-l-k-e-r/

Its kinda convoluted to set up but IMO its worth it. It increases the grass draw distance so you can have grass as far as the eye can see. It looks really cool escpecially with vanilla grass. In the video the guy says how default grass sucks, well maybe thats the case with COP but SOC has great grass. Try it out.

v1ld

Novice
So...is there a good CoP mod? Wormwood looked interesting, but apparently its dead.
Tried misery and it was ok. Nothing amazing though.

Try an SGM version. I recommend SGM 2.0 Geonezis over the later versions. The Geonezis addon brings in a ton of new quests, well written, along with a bunch of other content.

2.1 adds maps and quests over 2.0 but lacks Geonezis. 2.2 removes quests but adds more maps and is somewhat unfinished, but has a bunch of variations with different weapon packs. There's also a SGM 1.7 2016 Repack that has the most up to date translation too. This has no texture packs or weather mods so you can customize it as you like.

I recommend either 2.0 Geonezis or 2.1.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
For anybody disappointed with the current Misery I would urge you to try Misery 1.2; is how CoP should have been a tough but fun take on my favorite Stalker game.
After that the derpness crept in and the developers of the mod decided to add needless grinding, a ton of new weapons with few standouts to merit the effort and sucked the fun of the original mod and replaced it with a grindy shitty "moders gonna mod" experience... Hell they now have a mechanic where you need can openers ffs

Baron Dupek

Arcane
SGM is my drug. I'm playing now Braz 1.6.1 SGM and it's p.gut. But my most favorite one is SGM 2.-Misery 1.2 aka Cataclysm. Finished 3 times. Yes, I beaten that mod three friggin' times, its' that good.

Misery 2.1.1 is absolute failure because it want to be both hardcore and realistic mod. You can do only one and even them - it have p.high chance to turn into garbage.
Believe me, when mods have "realistic" word in the description - you should be afraid.

To enjoy 2.1.1. you need edit files. Like I did by increasing the price of the mutant parts and decreasing value for all these tools (60+k for repair box, for real?), glues and rags. It become playable and still hard.

Both version 1.0 and 2.1.1 have issue with hunger. When it start - you can't run, at all. Why make so much types of food when you only eat cheap basic stuff because hunger, even the lightest one, stop you from running.
And don't get me started at the weight limit (recon is a joke).

Last edited:

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
For anybody disappointed with the current Misery I would urge you to try Misery 1.2; is how CoP should have been a tough but fun take on my favorite Stalker game.
After that the derpness crept in and the developers of the mod decided to add needless grinding, a ton of new weapons with few standouts to merit the effort and sucked the fun of the original mod and replaced it with a grindy shitty "moders gonna mod" experience... Hell they now have a mechanic where you need can openers ffs
Meh to be honest I quite like the 2.0 versions. I've played the game so many times that I'm in no rush to get to the next area. The added difficulty, challenge and grind make for quite interesting ironman attempts. It only really gets you if you intend to play until you finish, I just spread it out with a day or two a months of 6ish hours. Took me 3 attempts to get through that horrific updated iron forest.

There was a chimera, 2 poltergeists, 3 buerers and about 20 zombies. I decided to lure them back to the friendly merks at the workshop. Half way through that fight, 2 buerers and all zombies dead.... another 6 man merk team shows up, they were hostile, barely escaped with my life from the initial 'surprise'. Killed 2 while retreating further into the workshop, all the previous friendlies go hostile. Make a dash behind some container and try to hole up and ovoid the grenade spam. Chimera glitches over the no mutants wall and starts annihilating the humans, one of whom drops a grenade as he dies and takes 3 of his friends with him. Long story short, was a fun time!

:happytrollboy:

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
SGM is my drug. I'm playing now Braz 1.6.1 SGM and it's p.gut. But my most favorite one is SGM 2.1+Misery 1.2 aka Cataclysm. Finished 3 times. Yes, I beaten that mod three friggin' times, its' that good.

Misery 2.1.1 is absolute failure because it want to be both hardcore and realistic mod. You can do only one and even them - it have p.high chance to turn into garbage.
Believe me, when mods have "realistic" word in the description - you should be afraid.

To enjoy 2.1.1. you need edit files. Like I did by increasing the price of the mutant parts and decreasing value for all these tools (60+k for repair box, for real?), glues and rags. It become playable and still hard.

Both version 1.0 and 2.1.1 have issue with hunger. When it start - you can't run, at all. Why make so much types of food when you only eat cheap basic stuff because hunger, even the lightest one, stop you from running.
And don't get me started at the weight limit (recon is a joke).
I have read some good things about Cataclysm, could you recommend a place to download it MM and the install instructions?
Edit; found SGM 2.1 as English all in one on ModdbQ as well as SGM 2.2
So I am guessing 2.1 is Cataclysm? Or should I go for 2.2

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I have read some good things about Cataclysm, could you recommend a place to download it MM and the install instructions?

There is database of all 3 Stalker games, check Misery section of CoP.
chrome://mega/content/secure.html#F!zEtSxC4J!eRsovn-n098UpRtLDmr5_w!jMlH3I7D

For some reason can't turn it into link cause it automatically add "http" and whatever.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane

There is database of all 3 Stalker games, check Misery section of CoP.
chrome://mega/content/secure.html#F!zEtSxC4J!eRsovn-n098UpRtLDmr5_w!jMlH3I7D

For some reason can't turn it into link cause it automatically add "http" and whatever.

How do you access that? Copying it into the address bar doesn't work

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom