Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl Mod Thread

Astral Rag

Arcane
Anyone know how to fix this:

FD3ED7AFEA790D3C8A62E05D89FCF4E20D00DF06
A3E1B8466BB6FF8D53B3523F4C21C07C7F6DC0BE

347BE3731240619D5BB40F117BBE2ACA228F850D
Other shadows are fine. I'm running the Steam version of STALKER + Autumn Aurora 2.1.

Last edited:

vitamin

Augur
I'm playing CoC with STCoP weapon pack and enjoying it immensely. Best shooter since OFP and Infiltration good old days.

29bot43.jpg

nr0siw.jpg

EDIT:
If anyone wants to try it out, here's link for the weapon pack:
https://mega.nz/#F!UpIFQAaS!azP78S8xIqsmRoZV3BOHkg!Yg41SZIL

Also be sure to install 'ALife Unbalance 2.0' mini-mod - it makes the game a bit more action-packed:D

Last edited:

v1ld

Novice
Preparing for first playthrough of SoC :D

I'll go with ZRP plus the shader mod and a few tweaks (crouch/prone height, fixing the bullet rng). I noticed the HUD is intrusive as fuck and filled with pointless information (character posture rly?), is it possible to use the HUD from another mod without any of its other features? If not I'll just disable it entirely, though I read that keeping track of active ammo types might be a problem without HUD. I couldn't find a mod for low crouch toggling, but I messed with macros and kinda got it working. Is there something I've overlooked?

The Standalone AA2 Hud by TKGP is a very good minimalist hud: health, stamina, minimap, and any condition or status effect icons only pop up when needed. Takes a tiny bit of merging but the readme explains everything. The download link is on this page: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uEN0wVYTsSRIMVnF-4bMz__I1iEEAvL50gOXS9FO78w/mobilebasic

I'll echo the Starter Pack recommendation above, it's a very good way to do your first run.

Be sure to play on Master difficulty - everything dies faster, including you.

An alternate weather mod to the SWO recommended in the Starter Pack is SWTC Silver Edition. SWO trends towards lots of gloomy rainy days while SWTC has a better balance I think. Grab it from http://ap-pro.ru/load/teni_chernobylja/mody/swtc_2_0_silver_edition/8-1-0-991

vitamin

Augur
If you don't need mini-map - just open file 'zone_map_16.xml' (gamedata/config/ui) and change x or y values, like below for example:
<level_frame x="9000" y="620" width="87" height="109"/>

Quick Question:

I'm playing Misery 2.1 and am struggling to make it past the Jupiter plant quest.

Between the Chimeras and Bloodsuckers, I'm getting pwned, and no amount of spamming Quick Save is gonna get me through it.

Have you tried using mines/explosive devices. They work wonders if you know where the enemies are going to come from.

Nope, good tip!

Tried the Black Powder Bombs to no avail.

I'm right outside the main building of the Jupiter Plant, bottom right corner of the area map.

Enemy breakdown:
  • 1 Controller
  • 2 Chimeras
  • About 5 mutants with long legs & arms (don't know their name)
The Chimeras are flying around the map like fucking Superman.

I don't remember them doing that when I played CoP Complete.

It's the most hilarious thing ever, but their models don't have any collision detection... They will land on roofs/buildings and sink to the bottom after a couple of seconds.

There is no way in fuck I will ever get enough cash to buy the artillery necessary to kill these motherfuckers.

The best I was hoping for was to exploit a bug that gets the Chimeras "stuck" in the running animation in certain spots.

Even if I outrun the Chimeras, I can't for the life of me, get within even scope range of the Controller.

Grenades maybe... Yeah, I'll try that.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Misery 2 is derpy like that, I would encourage you try Misery 1.2 again but start as a Recon and install my tweaks (which can be found here
http://www.mediafire.com/download/r7aqnbsoa1xi9c0 and on the on the other Stalker thread) those tweaks balance the economy a bit by lowering the prices of avrious items, giving more health recovery to health items, balances the food system so you have to eat less often and allows you to sell more items (75% condition or better instead of 85%) to reduce grinding, plus reduces the sight distance of enemies so they spot you roughy at the same distance you can spot them
It makes the game more enjoyable but it keeps the overall Misery experience intact

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Mines or explosives planted are hard to use but nothing should survive 40mm grenade launcher in the face (except Burers who use PSI shield that reflect every attacks).
Or install The Armed Zone, find revolvers + anti personal ammo for it and take them both with one clip/barrel.

Mines or explosives planted are hard to use but nothing should survive 40mm grenade launcher in the face (except Burers who use PSI shield that reflect every attacks).
Or install The Armed Zone, find revolvers + anti personal ammo for it and take them both with one clip/barrel.

I quit Misery for good today because there was no way I was going to make it through the Jupiter Plant.

My gear:
  • Cheapest astronaut helmet with its own breathing support system
  • Cheapest military vest (upgrade from trenchcoat)
  • Some type of rifle with a scope and grenade launcher built it, fully auto
  • Some type of singleshot rifle with an even better scope
  • 3 grenades
  • 3 black powder bombs (they don't explode on impact, hahaha)
I tried farming artifacts thinking that I could use the proceeds to buy better gear, but all my cash was going towards feeding my Assaulters HUGE FUCKING APPETITE!

Each can of fucking beans cost $3K and I would have to eat 2/day, meaning $6K cash per day just to satiate the ever-reddening stomach symbol in my hud.

The rest of my virtual cash went towards either irradiating myself or buying the metal sarcophagus's to keep the artifacts from radiating my toon.

Also, $6K to travel back and forth between Zaton and Jupiter just to farm artifacts?

On an unrelated note, Shadow of Chernobyl is the best entry in the series by far.

It was the only "full release" in the STALKER series as the other two were pretty much expansions... I'm still not sure as to why they are regarded as a "prequel" and proper "sequel."

My only wish: that GSC or some expert modder would combine all 3 games in a modernized X-Ray engine similar to what 4A Games did with Metro Redux.

If everything was done in HD (I'm talking Complete visuals at the very least) and all the quests flowed seamlessly together, starting with Clear Sky, proceeding into Shadow of Chernobyl, and culminating in Call of Pripyat, it would become one HUGE, FUN, and CLASSIC game.

The ability to allow your character to seamlessly transition between all three acts would be well, too much to ask for of a such a limited developer.

Pripyat was given a much more satisfying exposure in Call of Pripyat (go figure).

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Each can of fucking beans cost $3K and I would have to eat 2/day
lol wait what
you buy food?? this is easy way to lost money.
Dude, you should cook mutant meat (that you hunted), then smoke/drink something. Metal stove + canister with gas/benzine do the job.
Best meat comes from boar, bloodsuckers and maybe these meat-eye things.
I know it sounds bullshit but that's the Misery 2 for you.

Also, $6K to travel back
IIRC there should be passages to walk between areas.
Zaton -> Jupiter is in Iron Forest, you need to jump into teleporter nearby the hills and walk through anomalies.
Jupiter->Zaton passage is on the bridge near Concrete Factory, where you were looking for radio parts for Nitro.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yo MM the AKM mod for Autum Aurora is it any good? Which version wouldnyou recommend for a more Misery 1.2 vibe?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
There is incoming The Armed Zone 2.0 (still no info if that will be for curren or new Misery), big armory addon for Misery 2.1.1, which inspired me to reinstall this mod again but this time - with my tweaks.
Install CoP 1602, then Misery 2.1.1 and then newest The Armed Zone. Replace these files in MISC directory.

-Toolboxes are cheaper (max. 14500 from default 65058).
-There is only one type of toolboxes - the one that can be used 5 times
(toolboxes), 3 times (cleaning kit) or 2 times (glues or oils).
-Rifle ammo for Mosin and Kar98k is bit cheaper.
-barman in Jupiter and Zaton does not sell guns and outfits any more
(but Beard still buy heavily damaged guns), detectors and tools too.
-fuel (for stoves) are available in one version - the one
that can be used 5 times.
-consumables like vodka or cigarettes are either full or half full.

All these changes are made to make Misery lesser grindfest and cluttered.
No price changes for guns, outfits, technician&medic sevice prices.
Good hunting.
I'm p. sure you will be swimming in cash soon. Still - better balanced than original vision.
Because no matter how hard you tweak and fix Misery 2 - you will get always better results than original vision.

I have bad and good news.
Good news - OGSE 0.6.9.3 ENG is coming, translation is mostly done. I tested beta with garbage eng translation and got blast. So many cool stuff...
And no automatic turrets :incline:
Bad news - Gunslinger is shut down because both people behind it have no more spare free time to do anything.
If you don't know this project - don't look for videos, they're too good to watch now, when you know it's closed.

Yo MM the AKM mod for Autum Aurora is it any good? Which version wouldnyou recommend for a more Misery 1.2 vibe?

Autumn Aurora2 itself is closest to Misery 1.2 as it can. So pick any AMK Autumn mod. Or read the differences between versions with AMK 1.4 and 1.4.1...

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Survivalium was bitter pill that learned me to wait for "close to release" state before trying myself.
Would laugh (and not be surprised) if that will be done before DayZ reach beta stage, which is already ded title so whatever.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Any good overhauls big enough to provide a (somewhat) fresh experience for a guy that already finished SoC like 5 or 6 times? I reinstalled Shadow of Chernobyl today because...reasons.... :D

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
Autumn Aurora 2 is a very good one overall, despite a few weird things here and there. Oblivion Lost if you're looking for a mod that mostly uses cut content.

praetor

Arcane
from some ex STALKER devs.

no. it was stated in their QA that they have literally one dev that at some point worked on some STALKER game. it's like saying that Diablo 3 is "from some ex Arcanum devs"

Ivan

Arcane
:(
at least it looks like it's informed by stalker.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom