Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl Mod Thread

DraQ

Arcane
TBH I never found any location in CoP particularly scary. Nothing on the order of X18 or Red Forest, in any case.
It had its fair share of atmospheric and/or fun ones, but didn't really work as horror, unlike its predecessors.

Maybe Misery changes things a bit, I dunno, I only played it for a while.

Darklife

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Yeah I have a hard time thinking of anything on the magnitude of Agroprom Underground or X 18.

The only place that genuinely creeped me out was the Jupiter factory. The atmosphere was crushing for some reason.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
So how is the new Misery 2.1? It certainly looks nice and unlike others I do dig the all the browns and greys but how is the gameplay changes? I like the Patch first version of Mysery which uses almost the same mechanics as vanilla CoP but with less resources andwhatsnot but the changes they made for 2.0 kind of turned off; all the psychic soldiers with pinpoint accuracy, supah zombies and the old & worn mechanics to weapons seemed kind of masoquistic and not fun.
But seeing those videos and general comments it might be worth a look
Back to Lost Alpha I hope the Dezowave guys make a torrent with LA so they can control themselves the distribution of the mod this time

Gerrard

Arcane
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZWzb1cGw8o The forest, Hiking video in a huge map.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WtmQqVgBN0 Gun Upgrade features and access to computers(Strelok can browse audio/video/text files and play games like Freecell and tetris
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQWUr_G_25w Pay attention to the sound design.
The only thing i think they will not deliver is the quest design. Call of Prypiat is a bar to high for unpaid modders. Only 4 days left.
In the grim darkness of the far future, flashlights give less light than a single LED . Already see it will be the first thing to mod, it's just as bad as vanilla.

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
Misery 2.1 is fine. Still has a couple of really annoying stuff (like enemies being able to snipe you from 300m with assault rifles) but I'm really enjoying it. I narrowly escaped death from 2 Chimeras near Jupiter yesterday.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Oh hi there Skacky didn't you notice it was you with that avatar
One more day guys I am psyched about LA.
I was waiting to replay Dark Souls 2 on the PC but I have to say I am more interested now in a long weekend with Lost Alpah

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Not sure if photoshop or not but still rage growing....
CoInwvp.jpg
:rpgcodex:
those lazy pigs amdns moddb ffs...

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Might be pity if they didn't make it for today. Such aniversary... which also can give them reason for another (propably bigger) delay.
That's my loose interpretation of Murphy's Law.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Meanwhile - there is something else. It's called Zone of Alienation 1.07.2 released almost week ago. Lost Alpha fever made people blind so we missed it.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/zone-of-alienation-mod/downloads/zone-of-alienation-1072

Mod looks phenomenal and have good, not cheating AI and no bullet sponge enemies.
First thing spotted in changelog - it doesn't require patch 1.0004 for ShoC, now he need 1.0006 so no need to reinstalling game, just clean gamedata.

EDIT
Survivarum was that bad?

Last edited:

Cazzeris

I played Survarium beta yesterday and now I need something good related to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. to stop being depressed.

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
People Soup/STALKERSOUP is more of a patchwork than anything else. It's fun but don't expect anything too serious.
I'll probably play that new Zone of Alienation version, it's one of my favorite mods and the changes sound really sweet. Lost Alpha comes first though (release it already!).

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
Apparently that was just a test to see if the servers could handle it and to see how fast the upload would be.
By the way, here's the Zone map from the manual. It's almost exactly like the one in the leak.

LJu7ERC.jpg

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Jesus it is like the fuckup brugade with those guys, they could have avoided a lot of angst and uploaded the torrent last nite to various sites and then say "here are the links go for broke" but thinking that at least 20,000 Stalker fans could download 7 fucking gigs from their site I mean ffs

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Already woke up with hopes and what we got? Oh yea uploads! Of OST and manual.... what a progress...

Apparently, that link (oblivionlost.pl) is not fake, just testfield for dez0wave. Still - downloading from here is furtile.

Who will be first with torrent (with fake files:smug: or not) win the internet this day.

Red Forest? Isn't that thing from Clear Sky? I think that throwing all avaliable level was not intention of LA, only those from old Stalker builds.

Last edited:

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
Forest is the Red Forest now, it even has the mine from Clear Sky in the leak. Radar is the old Red Forest from the old SoC builds, but it's full of garbage heaps instead of trees.

I'm still kind of disappointed that the game can't all be fit on one seamless map, too many bugs related to a-life and all that I suppose... But here's hoping that it fixed SoCs linear-ass levels!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom