Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl Mod Thread

Divinity: Original Sin
Some years ago I played with SOC complete, mostly due to the fact it was a mod that you had no necessity to go on tweaking details... Install it and play. The only problem is that I had some random crashes while changing maps once in a while. I abandoned it in the middle of a playthrough. Recently, i had an urge of actually playing it with the intention of finishiong the game... I decided to go with the starter pack. It is essentially ZRP with some graphical improvements. I must say that complete looks beautiful, though a bit colorful... but the starter pack improves the graphics also and is less colorfull.

The only problem is that days are colorful and nights are gray, and in a night storm, lightining brings a flash of daylight, which means that enviroments get colorful, even when you're indoors, which is kind of annoying.
So why don't you get just ZRP alone?

It's not like vanilla STALKER visuals are bad and they will at least remain consistent.

Well, I tweaked some aspects of lighting and other things, and it got better. Anyway, what should I actually activate/deactivate in ZRP modifier anyway for a 1st playthrough?

TripJack

Hedonist
The only problem is that days are colorful and nights are gray, and in a night storm, lightining brings a flash of daylight, which means that enviroments get colorful, even when you're indoors, which is kind of annoying.
there are some saturation options in the settings file that comes with the shaders max mod that will let you adjust this to your liking

Well, I tweaked some aspects of lighting and other things, and it got better. Anyway, what should I actually activate/deactivate in ZRP modifier anyway for a 1st playthrough?
ah i guess you already found them

default zrp settings are fine for the most part i think, you can increase the camera height in the actor.cfg settings if you don't like playing as a midget

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Preposterous!
I've played SGM 2.0 Geonezis for Call of Pripyat. There is new map (Dark Valley) avaliable after beating vanilia game. So I wasted ~70h ony to discover that game crash after second quest in Dark Valley :x

And there is one fix that propably fix it (or not) but instruction is made by googletransfapptor and I have no idea what to do.

So now is choice - try again with SGM 2.2 or something new like Dead City?

PS. there will be SGM 3.0 soon! It will be called Red October.

PS2. from unknow reason my StalkerSoup playthrough failed, crash everytime you start talking with Wolf. Then how the fuck people can make Let's Plays from it?
Not big deal to starting new game... except that you must play Cave Level everytime you start the game :decline:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
:hmmm:

But that's the main reason to multiple playthroughts.
Same game with different flesh?
You can get really various experience, from sadistic, promoting savescumming (Oblivion Lost and some of his hardore versions) to popamoled, softed one (SGM).

The only REAL issue with mods are crashes.
You google for solve and found topics that's was ignored by everyone.:negative:

And yeah, I'm heavly into Stalker (I like even the Clear Sky), funny that I've return to it after 3? years of idle from series...

Detail - it's one of few modern FPSes where you can shoot without pressing right mouse buttos. Seriously, I really like FPS game but I don't have habit to pressing RMB to do anything.
And moniez, lot of moniez.

Last edited:

Darklife

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
I understand, but from my own experience the mods always seem unbaked. Stalker Complete practically didn't change a thing, although I now that was a waste of time.

However Priboi story was also supposed to be acclaimed, but I found the whole thing kind of forced and artificial, doing the same shit but with a tiny little twist.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
I understand, but from my own experience the mods always seem unbaked. Stalker Complete practically didn't change a thing, although I now that was a waste of time.

However Priboi story was also supposed to be acclaimed, but I found the whole thing kind of forced and artificial, doing the same shit but with a tiny little twist.
Stalker Complete is a graphic overhaul mod. It's main achievement is bringing butthurt over some system/mechanics tweaks. Priboi story is ass, just pixel hunting and a nonsensical story. It was considered good because it's one of the first story mods to emerge in the game. Lost Alpha seems to be the real deal, the mod that will shit all other STALKER mods:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZWzb1cGw8o The forest, Hiking video in a huge map.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WtmQqVgBN0 Gun Upgrade features and access to computers(Strelok can browse audio/video/text files and play games like Freecell and tetris
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQWUr_G_25w Pay attention to the sound design.
The only thing i think they will not deliver is the quest design. Call of Prypiat is a bar to high for unpaid modders. Only 4 days left.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Stalker Complete practically didn't change a thing?

If that would be true then I didn't bother with praising ZRP and stopping people from recommending Complete.
Thing is - it change a lot. More important - it change a lot of things to game capable for munchkins. No offence for such animals... Things like healing food&bandages, bigger carry limit and propably the worst AI I've ever met in any mods.

tl;dr
Complete broke the game.

In that way peopple make false memory about that series. Then they would not enjoy any mods because they're made on completely different conception.

From the other barrel - my latest modding...

I've tried Dead City for CoP. More quests (propably more than SGM), new city and stuff.... would play but need to play SGM.
I got tough choice - use SGM 2.2 or SGM 2.1&Misery combined?
So... SGM 2.1&Misery. This time I will make only missions for main path. Srsly, SGM Geonezis was biggin' assholish stuff I've ever met. You went into new location (Dark Valley) after 100h of wandering around and doing eveyrhing? Then hey, how 'bout some saves corruption and crashesh? Eat rad and die have fun.... with something more stable.

I've found channel with StalkerSoup Let's Play, would be decent if not the 480p max...
I've tried it few weeks ago but it crashed when you talk to Wolf at the begining. Discovered that build from moddb.com wasn''t stable, just beta from 2 years old build....

Installed new, didn't launch, throw files again in the same plase and it worked.
Some stuttering, artifacts worth nothing...

I liked the shooting - just like Lurk and ZoA - pistol own everything except armored.

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Speaking of breaking weapons - geez, that combo SGM 2.1&Misery is nice but guns break even faster than SGM Geonezis. Shoot all chamber from Spas12 and time to visit Nitro...

Was suprised with loot from bodies, first zombie encounter and found Saiga. :mhm:
In SGMGeonezis it was deadly, here it's shit.

Already bough decent armor+science suit (Ecologist C99?)

Stalker Complete is a graphic overhaul mod. It's main achievement is bringing butthurt over some system/mechanics tweaks. Priboi story is ass, just pixel hunting and a nonsensical story. It was considered good because it's one of the first story mods to emerge in the game. Lost Alpha seems to be the real deal, the mod that will shit all other STALKER mods:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZWzb1cGw8o The forest, Hiking video in a huge map.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WtmQqVgBN0 Gun Upgrade features and access to computers(Strelok can browse audio/video/text files and play games like Freecell and tetris
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQWUr_G_25w Pay attention to the sound design.
The only thing i think they will not deliver is the quest design. Call of Prypiat is a bar to high for unpaid modders. Only 4 days left.

Oh my god... I was looking forward to Lost Alpha already (hell, I've been waiting for it ever since it was announced) but those videos... Holy shit.

aXX6qmf.gif

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Damn, no suprise leak happen and someone decided to share with people, it looks marvelous.

Or it was part of their (drama queens) plan, like controled leaks from Apple?

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Isn't it glorious? Look at the sunflare effects in the forest, how radiation posioning causes your eyesight to deteriorate and lose color, just look at the grass density and overall quality of the textures
They did manage to showhow fix the 5 second pauses and micro stutter I found so annoyong in ShoC but here everything looks gorgeous, plays smoothly and their changes, like adding the CoP gear modifying system and the ammo belt, fit right in the game. The only thing I deslike is the noise when switching weapons
Oh man this is turning to be the one of the best years in gaming

Bros, will I be able to play this at all with my rig without stutter, and hopefully not with totally downgraded details?

My rig:

Intel Core2Duo 3.16 Ghz
4Gb Kingmax DDR2 800 Mhz
Ati radeon HD 4870, 512 Mb DDR5

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Bros, will I be able to play this at all with my rig without stutter, and hopefully not with totally downgraded details?

My rig:

Intel Core2Duo 3.16 Ghz
4Gb Kingmax DDR2 800 Mhz
Ati radeon HD 4870, 512 Mb DDR5

Well.... you surely will play on it. It require update here or here but surely will play.
With stutering? Dunno because some mods give you free stuter for no reason even on beasty PCs.

Thx bro, I'm really looking forward to this game, but was afraid after seeing all the vids, that I won't even be able to run it at all with my pretty crappy rig.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. COP Misery 2.1 Lab-X-8 parts 1 & 2
Part 1: 4:00 O_o
Scariest location in COP.
You can tell how nervous I am from the videos. Why do they have to send me alone in there?

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
Lab X8 is a nightmare will all these fucking Burers. Definitely one of the scariest locations with Lab X18 and the Red Forest in CS.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom