Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Spong interviews the Father of Lies

Bradylama

Arcane
Green Ranger was a faggot anyways. Too cool for school.

denizsi

Arcane
Whoa, the Codex stands united. I can't believe my eyes.
Well done, Joe.

I wonder if Joe has the intelligence to "get" anything from that comment about the Codex and "the hivemind".

Actually, people like these offer a big opportunity to the scientific society. They could be used to replace lab-rats and I believe many of the medical researchs would speed up significantly.

mathboy

Liturgist
denizsi said:
I only mentioned the release date because I claimed it was older in an earlier poet. I stand corrected.

Oh, so 9 > 10.

I demand his dumbfucking. I also propose a forced linked-signature to the dumbfucked, so everyone will know and remember why they were dumbfucked in the first place, in every post they write.
Am I too tired to see the logic in this?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
HardCode said:
How can Joe Krow 1) not be dumbfucked yet
That'd be too easy. We (read: I) usually leave it until it's really blatantly obvious. IE: If this goes on for a few more pages and Jow digs himself an even bigger hole (which he will). If you do it too early, they give up and that's not fun.

HardCode said:
2) be baiting you guys so easily?
What you have to keep in mind is that there are a lot of kids suffering from ADHD and they all raise the same issues about Fallout. We then repeat all the same reasons why they're dumb arguments, the thread dies, the ADHD kid disappears and in 6 months another one comes along. Mix and repeat.

Welcome to what the Fallout community's been doing for the past 10 years (Fallout 2 may only be 9 years old but the original is nearing it's 10th anniversary).

hiciacit

Liturgist
Looks like one bad mofo though...

p1010345io2.jpg

HardCode

Erudite
Anyone who eats at Red Lobster is ghey. Wait a minute ... how would I know that the 3 fish on the wall is a Red Lobster decoration ..........

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
What's gay is that he buys his shirts sleeveless rather than actually make them himself. That's why T-Shirts are fucking sleeveless in poor ghetto and white trash areas: the seams wear out, holes form, so they tear them off. They don't buy them that way. Only posers and fags trying to look tough do.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
TRYING to look tough? Have you seen the bulging muscles on his arms? The guy's an animal!

Vault Dweller said:
TRYING to look tough? Have you seen the bulging muscles on his arms? The guy's an animal!

When I first took a glance at the picture I thought it was a production still from the upcoming Wolverine movie. Then I noticed the queer Nintendo bag and my illusion was shattered.

And I'd drop the dirty/ghetto/grunge-look and instead jump into some International Male goodness.

The_Pope

Scholar
The claim that game companies produce what the market wants is utterly retarded. The market wants the sims. The industry needed a hell of a lot of convincing to let it be produced, and even after it was there has been almost no attempt to replicate or improve upon it.

The industry produces what it wants to produce, which is Gears of Madden Wars 2007 3: Brotherhood of Steel Extreme Edition.

taxacaria

Scholar
The_Pope said:
The claim that game companies produce what the market wants is utterly retarded. The market wants the sims. The industry needed a hell of a lot of convincing to let it be produced, and even after it was there has been almost no attempt to replicate or improve upon it.

The industry produces what it wants to produce, which is Gears of Madden Wars 2007 3: Brotherhood of Steel Extreme Edition.

genres3.jpg

(from next-gen.biz)

The market wants NFL. And the section cRPG is abused for much camouflaged action hack&slash. No quality, but quantity.
As long as games are produces as a short livin' consumable pruduct, the software industrie has no reason to deliver quality. Craps=bucks, that's the formula. And boring games with short playing time and low replay value are good games, because customer will buy next crappy one soon.

Avin

Liturgist
Ultima Underworld > Daggerfall > Oblivion > Morrowind.

Daggerfall had naked people temples. Daggerfall wins.

Joe_Retard, the mentality of "give people what they want" wasn't Newton's or Einstein's toys.

Even Super Mario 3 had more discovery than Oblivion.

SonOfBeavis

Novice
kingcomrade said:
Wtf is a License game? Is that an actual genre, or is it made up of games that would otherwise go in the other categories?
I would guess they are all those lame movie games, as in anything based on the latest disney movie.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Wouldn't most of those count as Platformers? And how come Platformers aren't included under Action (or vice versa)? When people say Action they mean games like Jak and Daxter or Psychonauts, right? I can't think of any games I've played recently that would otherwise qualify as "Action".

suibhne

Erudite
Joe Krow said:
3) The rival factions create limitations for the player... joining one precludes aniother.

In which cases, exactly? This is rarely true in Morrowind, where factions almost never offer competing quests (I can only recall one instance, aside from the distinction-without-difference choice of a House), and it's never true in Oblivion.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom