Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SpaceVenture - Space Quest spiritual successor by Two Guys from Andromeda

FrancoTAU

Cipher
I don't know why they set such a high goal right after Jane Jensen "only" raised 425K for a non sequel game.

Unwanted

Guido Fawkes

Defensor Fidei
Project: Eternity
Oh boy, I'm thinking they won't make it. Hope they don't give up after it.

The whole thing was poorly planned, guess they over-estimated their fanbase pull after all these years.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
They started before Jane's was finished and I think at the time hers was kicktracking at like 600k

I'm holding out hope they can eke out funding, but if not restart with a smaller budget goal and clearer backer rewards that don't require a spreadsheet. Plus don't make people who backed for $100-1000 kick in 15 more bucks for a digital download, that just seems desperate and stingy.

Alex

Arcane
They have finally announced the main character, as well as a few gameplay details. The part about death sequences...

Spaceventure Kickstarter said:
Hilarious Death Sequences – rather than being a punishment for failure, you’ll actually be rewarded for finding all the unusual and hilarious ways to die - earning extra points and achievements - without having to “save/restore” your progress. Dying will be FUN... promise!

Has me a bit worried they are going to be a bit more Lucas Arts in this game (no dead ends, no chance of messing up your game completely, no need to be careful with saves, etc). Which is a bit of a downer, but far from a deal breaker. Specially if they do bring back the parser interface. And the rest of the announcement is pretty good too!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ace Hardway? I don't know. Part of Roger Wilco's charm is that he was a regular-looking bro, even handsome in an awkard, Owen Wilson-ish way. This guy is more, I dunno, Adam Sandler? Maybe they can make it work, though. We'll just have to see...

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Yeah. I don't not really care for that main character. I want to play some ugly fat plumber? I'd rather play that chicken.

Alex

Arcane
Well, if I understand the press release right, you will get to during part of the game. Even if it is all inside the plumber's head.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
They aren't going to make it -- $160k in 6 days? Probably goes without saying but I'm sure they would have done better if it were an actual Space Quest game (though I understand that isn't possible).

Stabwound

Arcane
I wonder how well a failed kickstarter relaunch would do. At this point, it really doesn't look like they'll make it, but then again, neither did Hardcore Tactical Plagiarizer when it was in the final days. I suppose that if they relaunch it, they're not going to get much media attention the second time around, nor all of the enthusiasm from existing fans.

Hindsight is 20/20, but the obvious better route would have been to forget about all of the well-known voice actors and chop a large part of the budget out. This is assuming that well-known voice actors command larger fees than no-names; maybe I'm wrong.

Hopefully none of this matters and it pulls through in the end.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The emphasis on voice actors was, to be blunt, idiotic. It's a gimmick - hardcore fans don't give a fuck. And only hardcore fans fund Kickstarters, especially now that the DoubleFine hype has died down.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Gary Owens is crucial (not joking)! The rest, unnecessary.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yeah. I don't not really care for that main character. I want to play some ugly fat plumber? I'd rather play that chicken.
I'm pretty sure we could all guess you'd rather play with the cock.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA
http://mixnmojo.com/news/Is-Paul-Trowe-of-Replay-Sabatoging-Other-Kickstarters
Is Paul Trowe of Replay Sabotaging Other Kickstarters?

If you're not aware, Paul Trowe of Replay Games (the company who started the Leisure Suit Larry kickstarter) sent out a message to the press that he wanted to sue Wisecrack games for using Al Lowe's name and the Leisure Suit Larry name on their kickstarter. Al Lowe reponded to the message saying that he didn't intend to sue and that he gave his permission to use his name and wishes Wisecrack Games luck on Sam Suede.

However, some posters on the Adventure Gamers forums have dug up something rather concerning. According to this post by Adventure Gamers poster supaplex, a person called "gamespygeek" has been trolling the Sierra related kickstarters. There is a profile on Myspace also under the name gamespygeekthat looks like Paul Trowe. Additionally, the name on the Myspace page "Jiminy Drambuie" is friends with Paul Trowe on Facebook, and both Paul Trowe and Jiminy Drambuie are listed as living in Austin, TX.

Also, an Adventure Gamers forum user by the name of Siddhi noted some similarites between Gamespygeek's trolls and Paul Trowe's own posts.

Gamespygeek wrote on SpaceVenture kickstarter:

I don’t know who the heck this guy Chris Pope is, but I believe in Scott & Mark and their ability to make a game after all these years. I originally dropped my pledge to $1.00 because of the technical screw ups but I don’t think that’s The Two Guys’s fault…I blame that on the Chris guy…he’s leading this effort.

Paul Trowe wrote:

Ask them why they didn’t join up with the folks at Replay Games to create Sierra 2.0 and instead chose some guy they’ve never heard of, Chris Pope, to run a company they don’t own.

All of this evidence does seem like Paul Trowe, or a friend of Paul Trowe, is trying to sabotage other Sierra related kickstarters. And if that is indeed the case, it's incredibly poor sportsmanship and reflects poorly upon Replay Games.

Update: The gamespygeek myspace page has been removed. I had anticipated that might happen, so I saved an image of the page, which can be viewed here.

Last edited:

trustno1code

Prophet
Anybody else didn't bother to finish the 3rd Prototype like an ass and missed this?

Roberta_001-300x294.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Fuck. Would you let this guy manage your company? So glad I didn't pledge money to LSL.

WTF is Al Lowe doing in bed with this douchebag?

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
It's been a solid last few days for them. If they can keep up the trend they will make the goal. It's going to be close though. I'll probably end up boosting my pledge even though I can't really afford it.

kaizoku

Arcane
3 days to go... 80k missing
about 26k per day are needed

if it happens it will be so so so fucking close

if it doesn't I hope they start working on it anyway (after work hours) and 6 months latter start another campaign asking for less money and showing a bit more of the game

after all, these guys are the experts on dying and trying it again

DisconnectD

Novice
Hi there, I just wanted to give everyone an update on the SpaceVenture Kickstarter by the Creators of Space Quest:

We are currently hovering at 420k and need 80k to seal the deal but there is only 71 hours left so if ever any of you guys and gals were on the fence about Joining the cause for Andromeda, now would be the time!

Tons of awesome stuff even in the 30 dollar tier but the real meat is about 125 *Buckazoids come to mind*
wink.gif
Of course, ANY amount at all that you pledge will mean the world to us. We love our $15 backers to pieces , after all!

Go here http://tgakick.com and peruse the rewards and I think you'll like what you see!

Be a part of bringing this classic game developing duo from the Gold age of SIERRA back to the forefront to join their pals!

Thanks a lot and hopefully we'll see you on the comments page!

FrancoTAU

Cipher
He means well, but I'm still somewhat annoyed by the spamming fanboy when it's an active 7 page thread that's already following the KS closely. Still, I'm amazed that they might actually make their goal. I completely wrote them off a week ago.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom