Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

South Park: The Fractured But Whole - South Park RPG sequel from Ubisoft

Percy

Cipher
This game is just OK.
Goes full retard in the end.
Can't imagine a non fan liking it.
I liked Stick of Truth more.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://steamcommunity.com/games/488790/announcements/detail/2630549702356592946

Bring the Crunch DLC Launch Date Announced!

59928b349815cc8c10061e47321422eb2e4a8200.jpg

Today, Ubisoft® and South Park Digital Studios announced that Bring the Crunch, downloadable content for South Park™: The Fractured But Whole™, will be available on July 31. From the creators of South Park, Trey Parker and Matt Stone, and developed by Ubisoft San Francisco, Bring the Crunch adds a whole new story campaign and “Final Girl” superhero class to South Park: The Fractured But Whole.

acb25efdf5c05fd2fe6ed8c067714cc394ef1fa8.png

In Bring the Crunch, your newest buddy, Mint-Berry Crunch, aka Bradley Biggle, aka Gok-zarah, has just arrived from his home planet of Kokujon with the tremendous power of mint and berries. Meanwhile, an idyllic summer at Lake Tardicaca turns into a nightmare when the camp counselors go missing. With the fate of summer camp in jeopardy, Fastpass sends out a Coonstagram distress signal. Team up with FastPass, Doctor Timothy, Professor Chaos and the newest member of the Coon & Friends, Mintberry Crunch, to save summer camp.

0bbcd38a2d9e270fc92a2a1099497a8f0ab315e5.png

Players will also be able to embrace the new “Final Girl” class and overcome insurmountable odds to survive. This superhero class brings new combat tactics and traps to take down spooky enemies. After saving Lake Tardicaca, players will be able to bring their new powers and buddy to the rest of their superhero adventure.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I must say, I really like the combat system with its value on positioning, interrupting, etc.
Also dig the possibilities to min-max your character build.

Of course, even on hard it is easy as fuck, so quite a case of a good system wasted on a casual game.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Finally played it (As it didn't interest me initinally)

And I can just echo sentiments. Systems/Combat decent (but in some ways less charming than Stick of Truths) if easy as fuck (so it never REALLY gets better than SOT)
Everything else Stick of Truth did better. Guess that shows the difference between the studios involved. Still not bad though.

ABSOLUTLY FUCKING LOL THOUGH

Story DLC is out now:

Remember this?

Trey Parker, speaking last night at a Comic Con panel (as reported by Polygon), said that, inspired by Skyrim, he and partner Matt Stone wrote some 850 pages worth of material for the upcoming RPG South Park: The Stick of Truth. That wasn't gonna work. When he and the development team at Obsidian plotted out just how they'd turn that material into a game, they wound up slating the final project for, as Parker joked, "holiday season 2032."

"Everyone kept saying to us [make that extra content] DLC," Parker said, to jeers. "And I agree... fuck that."

A shitload off people were fellating to Trey Parker over this quote and some even accused Obsidian for even suggesting it (Despite there being costume/pre-order DLC later on). But I guess when theres money involved......

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

yeah, I also got it on sale and played a bit. there's too much busywork and not enough humor. SoT was a lot better. meh.

combat system is a good example of this - a lot of complexity, but a difficulty designed for casuals. and there are trash mobs to boot.

Duraframe300

Arcane
And finished it......

It sucks. Or more precise: All the little things in the pacing, enviromental interaction, inventory, animation, quest and level design, combat and so on that actually managed/helped to make Stick of Truth a somewhat entertaining comedy rpg are missing, straight up copied or done worse here. Instead replaced by boring, typical Ubisoft design by commitee. At no point in the game did I feel like the games designers went the extra mile as well. Nothing was memorable.

Its an assembly line product. But looking at the ridiculous credits over 5? different studios that is pretty much what it was, wasn't it?

Edit: Also a lot of the lines are the opposite of funny. A good example are lines regarding domestic violence. I assume they were intended in a funny/offensive over the top way, but they just come across as fucked up mainly due to their writing.

Last edited:

bertram_tung

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
This game is a lot better now that they added the "Diabolical" extreme difficulty level.

Still not hard, but it makes it feel like an actual normal difficulty level RPG. Way more satisfying and you actually have to use consumables to win battles.

otteaux

Novice
Yeah, played on release, never finished and have no inclination to do so. It's just bland.

I thought Stick of Truth was one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences I've had and I was looking forward to playing the follow-up. Unfortunately, I had the same experience as you; it just wasn't funny and I dropped it after a few hours.

bertram_tung

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Yeah, played on release, never finished and have no inclination to do so. It's just bland.

I thought Stick of Truth was one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences I've had and I was looking forward to playing the follow-up. Unfortunately, I had the same experience as you; it just wasn't funny and I dropped it after a few hours.

I felt the same way when I tried playing it for the first time. But when I picked it up recently and gave it another try (with aforementioned difficulty dlc added) I really enjoyed it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom