Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Some incline stats from Steam

thesisko

Emissary
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Most older games that go on sale don't even show up in top 100 played. Shame Troika won't see any of that money.

IoBd09iR3pJdMzOPIyZKrWmAz.png

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
First one is the number of players currently on the game, the second number is the peak for the day.

Anyway, so this action RPG from 2005 went on sale for $5 on Steam and now a moderate amount of people are playing it. Impressive.

ksjav

Scholar
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014
Oh Lo! How did Troika not think of selling their buggy game for 5$!?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Konjad said:
bloodlines more popular than mass effect 2? :lol:

A game on sale for 5$ outsells a game that was released a good amount of time ago which is still at full price?!?!? OUTRAGEOUS!!!

;)

thesisko

Emissary
The point was that usually games that sell well on sales aren't actually played to the extent that Bloodlines seems to be.

ksjav

Scholar
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014
thesisko said:
The point was that usually games that sell well on sales aren't actually played to the extent that Bloodlines seems to be.

Do the ads still look like this?

jeanette.jpg

J1M

Arcane
This is probably a result of people trying the game briefly 'cuz hey it was only $5!" and finding that "holy fuck this is engaging and has depth".

sser

Arcane
Developer
I bet that number is dramatically lower in less than a week.

thesisko

Emissary
Bloodlines is still sticking in "Top Sellers" even though the sale ended more than 24 hours ago. That's pretty unusual for an old game that allegedly was a commercial flop.
Supposedly "Top Sellers" are ordered by revenue generated during the past 24 hours.

Black

Arcane
People giving their money to activision, what an incline.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Hey I'm one of those players! And it is all thanks to that thread about the sale posted in this very subforum. Thank god for Steam advertisements on the Kodex :lol:

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Rivmusique said:
Hey I'm one of those players! And it is all thanks to that thread about the sale posted in this very subforum. Thank god for Steam advertisements on the Kodex :lol:

Well if you where a TRUE codexer you would have gotten it when it came out like me. :smug:

sirfink

Scholar
J1M said:
This is probably a result of people trying the game briefly 'cuz hey it was only $5!" and finding that "holy fuck this is engaging and has depth".

More like "where's the awesome button?!"

Bruticis

I call bullshit unless you've got some stats from other "mainstream" games that went on sale in that price range. That's the kind or price that idiots would bite on with any game that may have heard of from others. Sorry but I have no faith in humanity, especially not the steam community. Just look at the stats for today, it's back to normal:

Current Players Peak Today Game

49,297 61,787 Team Fortress 2
46,320 55,470 Counter-Strike
40,471 52,554 Counter-Strike: Source
21,669 28,476 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Multiplayer
19,094 27,728 Football Manager 2011
15,049 21,687 Call of Duty Black Ops - Multiplayer
14,279 21,311 Sid Meier's Civilization V
8,864 12,347 Left 4 Dead 2
6,558 10,514 Terraria
6,539 9,247 Garry's Mod

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
Bruticis said:
Sorry but I have no faith in humanity, especially not the steam community. Just look at the stats for today, it's back to normal:
I don't have faith in humanity and here are some video game statistics to back me up.

Unbelievably embarrassing post.

Mhain

Educated
Black said:
People giving their money to activision, what an incline.

Yeah, do people seriously think that they are sending a message to the publishers?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom