Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Some Combat questions

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Cruces said:
I don't know if these have been asked before but I would like to know:
a) will there be aimed attacks (like going for the head or the troat ) doing extra damage but costing more ap?
Yes. More AP, less damage, higher critical chance.

b) will there be magic in the game?
No, not for your character.

c) more edit: will there be dual wielding?
No.

suibhne said:
Could you make the pickup radius larger than Vogel's?
It's larger. Moving your character around the room is annoying.

Jim Kata

Arbiter
Nets, huh? That sounds very cool.

You should be able to fight with a log spear or trident up close, though. Only a few polearms like halberds should be limited like that. At the least they sould be capable of a trip attack up close.

Cruces

Novice
oh oh oh got a new question :P
will we get to fight mythical monsters? or monsters in general, or do we just kill humans

how bout humanoids?

Vault Dweller

Developer
There is a final character that you must deal with one way or another. There are 7 ways, actually.

Psilon

Erudite
So with nonhumans confirmed in the game, I have to ask: What is the average time-to-rat for a starting character?

Vault Dweller

Developer
Instant. In fact, the very first thing you see when you click Play is a rat jumping at you, so you must kill it lest you be killed! How awesome is that?

Cruces

Novice
Vault Dweller said:
Yes. More AP, less damage, higher critical chance.

oh one more thing I forgot to ask, will those crits make the character disabled? like not being able to move or use his one hand or instantly die (yes that is one form of disability I assume)

Vault Dweller

Developer
Depends on the body part targeted: head, torso, arms, legs.

Head - knockdown, torso - higher damage/bypass armor, arms - disarm, legs - movement penalty.

Cruces

Novice
I guess if they put in groin for men then body for women would have a similar effect and that wouldn't be nice, they used that mechanic in fallout, I figure that's why you didn't get to fight that many women....d:

Prunesquallor

Novice
Weapons of the "gods"

Vault Dweller said:
Are there any weapons that are not usually in RPG's?
Not anymore. There was another group - weapons of the "gods", but we removed it long time ago. You could get access to them only in the last third of the game, we either had to give you a skill at the beginning, without any weapons (sorta like the energy weapons in FO), and you'd start investing points hoping that the weapons are good, or add the skill when you find the first such weapon, but then you may not have enough points.

Could this be solved by making wielding weird weaponry yet another application of the lore skill? Or perhaps a perk requiring both lore, combat skills and some player effort? I was very fond of the idea of these presumably rather unconventional instruments of divine judgment.

(I know it is probably far too late to add this as you've basically completed the game - but I figured it was worth a try!)

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Is there anything like the nuke in Fallout, though? I guess it would be cool to find something like the magic equivalent of a missile silo and obliterate an entire town with it.

Vault Dweller

Developer
No nukes, but you can still fuck some things up and wipe out what's left of the Empire.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom