Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So here I am playing MotB finally...

DiverNB

Liturgist
Anthony Davis said:
George Zeits, who is a GREAT writer and a GREAT designer did sadly leave Obsidian. Nobody I know would ever have an unkind word to say about his ability and his work ethic.

He left to be closer to his family, which resides on the east coast.

That is bad news :(
I'm glad he ended his path at Obsidian on a high note at least. Helped make a great game

DiverNB

Liturgist
Volourn said:
MOTB is just as 'high fantasy' as other D&D products. To say it's not is stupid, and to be delusional.

High fantasy doesn't make something good *or* bad.

"And if that guy really did get put in charge of the DA team"

You are ignorant.

Saying high fantasy doesn't make something good or bad is completely based on who you are asking. I used to love high fantasy when I was younger, however, after playing in it many times I got sick of it. Any setting that involves that style now usually doesn't appeal to me much anymore, hence why it took me so long to get MotB. I was afraid it would follow NWN2 too much, but so far it hasn't (Much less Generic whether you want to think it is or not the styles are very different)

Admittedly I know in my post it sounded as if I thought that high fantasy was the anti-christ. While it won't stop me from trying a game usually it certainly makes me think that the game won't be that well because of all the mediocre junk we get in high fantasy

I guess this is could be a discussion on whether or not you associate high fantasy with D&D. I'm not sure what many people's opinions on that are here, but I certainly associate the two.

hotdognights

Novice
Lurkar said:
Then again, the Bio forums also has that one chick who's really creepily obsessed with Bishop, so there you go. I dunno what's wrong with them, I just know there's a lot.

Would that be the author of the Bishop romance mod? The fact that a Bishop romance mod and a "sexy" MOTB add-on are two of the highest ranked files on NWVault is fucking embarrassing.

Lurkar

Scholar
hotdognights said:
Lurkar said:
Then again, the Bio forums also has that one chick who's really creepily obsessed with Bishop, so there you go. I dunno what's wrong with them, I just know there's a lot.

Would that be the author of the Bishop romance mod? The fact that a Bishop romance mod and a "sexy" MOTB add-on are two of the highest ranked files on NWVault is fucking embarrassing.

Yeah, there's other stuff wrong with her, but the Bishop thing alone fills her with extraordinary amounts of CRAZY.

As for the MotB "sexy" add-on, I assume you're talking about the one that reverts some of the graphic changes back to how they were in NWN2. I bought the game and expansion together, so I dunno what really changed, so I can't say if it's a good or bad change.

Shoelip

Arbiter

mjorkerina

Scholar
Are you blind ? it mods all the clothes and armor of the game so it shows a lot more skin. In NWN2 there was *nothing* that showed any skin at all on the body. Even if you don't actually wear clothes or an armor it won't even show your arms or your feets, there's a full body suit when you are unarmored. If you saw the screenshots of the link it should have been obvious to understand what it does.

dragonfk

Erudite
mjorkerina said:
Lurkar said:
As for the MotB "sexy" add-on, I assume you're talking about the one that reverts some of the graphic changes back to how they were in NWN2.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NW ... ail&id=245
The only goal of this mod is to show more skin on female models and it's the motherfucking second most popular thing in the top ten hakpacks.

Wow, great find dude!!

Downloading in progress.

hotdognights

Novice
Lurkar said:
hotdognights said:
Lurkar said:

Yeah, there's other stuff wrong with her, but the Bishop thing alone fills her with extraordinary amounts of CRAZY.

As for the MotB "sexy" add-on, I assume you're talking about the one that reverts some of the graphic changes back to how they were in NWN2. I bought the game and expansion together, so I dunno what really changed, so I can't say if it's a good or bad change.

I wonder which internet forum has the highest porportion of psychos/retards-TES, Bio, or Something Awful.

DiverNB

Liturgist
I never understood why people wanted the female models too look like sluts in plate armor.

"DROWS GONE WILD!"

Since we seem to have an Obsidian member here, what do you guys think when you see stuff like that?

Also, I hate to be intrusive, but what does it feel like when you hear someone say that Game A isn't as good as it's expansion? Are you offended, or even miffed by it at all?

Also, what were the sales figures on MotB compared to the original? Enough to make you guys think outside of the generic more or no?

And lastly, what are you guys more pleased with, NWN2 OC or its expansion, if you had to choose 1. Please none of the "Well we worked really hard on both and..."

Disconnected

Scholar
You don't need an Obsidian dev to answer those.

1. Because among gamers going online for content, 10% are homosexual and the rest are straight males. The gay guys wants teh fashions & everyone else wants teh secks.
So that leaves roughly 1% who doesn't like pixel sluts; weird people like you.

2. They think "Thank God (because Americans believe in magic) I can get away with a snide remark, without getting called on having downloaded it myself".
OK, in reality they probably think "What the fuck? Everyone and their hamsters were bitching and moaning over pixel sluts across 50 forums, and now this? Are you guys really that schizo?"

3. They think "this guy is clearly on crack. Of-fucking-course we're miffed, but we do this shit for a living so it's not like we can tell you how we feel. Idiot!"

4a. Less than they hoped for.

4b. Depends on whether the people who liked it, liked it because it was different, because it wasn't at all different but had way cooler gimmicks, because it had level gazillion magick powahs, because they were drunk, or something else entirely. And of course, people's reasons for not liking it are even more important. Sadly, as much as gamers love to give feedback, they're also World Champions of Vague.

5. This is why you're not going to get an answer from an Obsidian dev. Especially not if the guy wasn't Lead Everything on both, which none of them were.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Curiously enough I always thought chainmail bikini was more fitting in the context of a game such as Oblivion than in NWN2. In this last one after I saw the pictures for that embarrasing mod it just felt wrong. I saw many "sexy" (for a 13 years old maybe) mods of the same kind for Oblivion but it kinda fits the context.

Lurkar

Scholar
Disconnected said:
1. Because among gamers going online for content, 10% are homosexual and the rest are straight males. The gay guys wants teh fashions & everyone else wants teh secks.
So that leaves roughly 1% who doesn't like pixel sluts; weird people like you.

Speak for yourself. I perfer women in full and actual armor in my arpegeean games. It's not "straight males" that love the horribly pixilated elven t&a, it's people who are so mindbogglingly desperate that they need to make their faggy self insert characters fall in love with the digital characters. Could be worse though. Could be Japan.

Lumpy

Arcane
mjorkerina said:
Lurkar said:
As for the MotB "sexy" add-on, I assume you're talking about the one that reverts some of the graphic changes back to how they were in NWN2.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NW ... ail&id=245
The only goal of this mod is to show more skin on female models and it's the motherfucking second most popular thing in the top ten hakpacks.
Nice. 4000 downloads. 9.97 rating.

This is a great mod!

It made Kaelyn much more interesting imo.

Lumpy

Arcane
Okku must have been the bestest character ever, because he was, like, naked.

Gragt said:
I guess some people consider women interesting only if they dress like sluts.
I'm pretty sure sluts don't dress like that. Not even prostitutes do.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Anthony Davis said:
I hope George is making games somewhere, I honestly don't know.

If he's on the east coast, he should get a job at bethesda, and make a quality expansion to the fallout 3 trainwreck.

DiverNB

Liturgist
Thanks for telling me what you think Disc. but I really wasn't asking for a general shpiel. It's always worth a try to get some input from people on the inside, even if they weren't lead devs. it doesn't matter. I'm sure they have opinions about each game.

As for "falling from grace", I don't really see it that way. He helped improve the mediocre NWN2 into something great so as long as he did the same with FO3 I'd say he'd be doing pretty good.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Of course we still do not know exactly how Fallout 3 is though from the different dev talks it doesn't seem pretty. Then taking their previous game, Oblivion, I imagine you could make an expansion correcting and improving the game but wouldn't that be making a new game?

Also you might be full of great ideas on how to improve a formula (as was shown with MotB) but if your mother house does not let you do them because it wouldn't be what the fans expect, what do you do then? From its previous record, Bethesda prefers expansions to add content and not change the existing formula, just give more of the same.

Disconnected

Scholar
DiverNB said:
Thanks for telling me what you think Disc.
OK, I'm apparently the unfunniest human being alive. But at least you recognised I was trying, unlike the "I'm so straight I want babes in potato sacks" reply (which was pretty funny by the way, Lurker).
As for "falling from grace", I don't really see it that way. He helped improve the mediocre NWN2 into something great so as long as he did the same with FO3 I'd say he'd be doing pretty good.
Agreed, but what are the odds, really? BethSoft doesn't make cRPGs, they make Roguelikes with graphics.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom