Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So does anyone else get that uncanny valley effect?

DarthBehemoth

Learned
All this bitching about graphics is just pointless. In my opinion, graphics are here to support the story, not to look as realistic as possible. I think Morrowind still looks great because it had a great look that really immersed you in the game. While DA2 may have DoF and Bloom and all that other shit, it still looks like crap because it's art direction just plain sucks. So in my opinion, graphics don't need to be on CGI level, they just need to support the story and the setting of the game.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Crysis_2_Editor_by_Superheld-1578.jpg

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
DarthBehemoth said:
All this bitching about graphics is just pointless. In my opinion, graphics are here to support the story, not to look as realistic as possible. I think Morrowind still looks great because it had a great look that really immersed you in the game. While DA2 may have DoF and Bloom and all that other shit, it still looks like crap because it's art direction just plain sucks. So in my opinion, graphics don't need to be on CGI level, they just need to support the story and the setting of the game.
That's the point of this thread. They can support the story very well without the uncanny valley CGI crap and high system requirements.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom