Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Skyrim!!

turul

Augur
ortucis said:
Rhalle said:
And the UI is consolated crap. But, truth be told, it's not much different from FO3.

Fallout 3's inventory was just fine for PC. For example, to set a item to hotkey all you had to do was to press a number key and click the item and viola, you're done. In Skyrim you click item > press F to favorite > quit inventory > press Q to bring up favorite list > scroll to the item you want to bind to hotkey > pres the key to bind.

Not to mention pressing F1, F2, F3, F4 bought up inventory, journal, stats, map quickly just like they patched in Oblivion.

Skyrim's UI is designed to wow the retarded console crowd while FO3 UI was at least tweaked to be PC friendly.

Bethesda: developing for PC is "a headache"

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011- ... a-headache

:hmmm:

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
rebert said:
more importantly have they fixed axes yet or chosen persist in their classification as "blunt."?
I believe they have reduced it to just "one=handed", "two-handed" and "archery" for combat skills.

How is the environment in Skyrim? Exploring the overworld was the most interesting thing for me with Morrowind and that is why Oblivion was less fun for me, a much less varied environment (also much less fun ways to get around it, but that ship has sailed, levitation and mass acrobatics boosting is never coming back). I have watched videos on Skyrim and seen its map and it mostly looks like "Snow Mountain", "Forests" and "Grassy Mountain" is the extent of the overworld, less than Oblivion. Anyone playing seen anything to the contrary?

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
spiders are p. cool

Even species that do not build webs to catch prey use silk in several ways: as wrappers for sperm and for fertilized eggs; as a "safety rope"; for nest-building; and as "parachutes" by the young of some species.

HPkzE.jpg

Hjpol.jpg

Yn9PF.jpg

DakaSha said:
Silentrider said:
VentilatorOfDoom said:
6. No Spider Mod

Arachnophobes like PC Gamer contributor Richard Cobbett have a hard time with games like Skyrim. Which is why No Spiders patches are so useful. This first attempt at a spider free Skyrim is particularly hilarious, as it replaces the models of the spiders with hilariously out of place bears.

Are they for real?

Somebody that is truly arachnophobic will NOT play a game with spiders.. they def prefer the out of place bears believe me lol

I wonder if people who are afraid of heights play platformers

anVDv.jpg

Black Cat

Magister
sgc_meltdown said:

Cutest spider ever.

Coyote said:
Not sure if serious, but I doubt that would work; IIRC, behaviorists did a lot of experiments along these lines (attempting to use classical conditioning to cure phobias), and generally, pairing a pleasant stimulus with a phobia would either have no effect or actually cause the pleasant stimulus to elicit fear/anxiety rather than causing you to grow accustomed to the feared stimulus.**

This.

All the actual treatments I know of consist of actually learning cool and awesome facts about spiders and then becoming familiar with them, touching them and playing with them and collecting creepy images until you become desensitized and the like, after studying the facts enough as to understand your fear of them is ridiculous and unfounded.

It did work for me. Twice, actually, given after the first try my subconsious decided fear of spiders was actually Moe and sabotaged all the work I had done.

Darkforge

Augur
First attempt's at instilling arachnophobia in this thread were lame, but then I saw Clockspider....

I hate to admit it, but for the first time ever I am enjoying a Bethesda game at stock (minus a few performance tweaks) it's 100x better than oblivion, but we know that's not hard.

The interface is fucking terrible though, so terrible I am actually playing it on my 360 razer pad.

Nex

Cipher
Excidium said:
I don't mind spiders. They mostly keep to themselves and eat the annoying insects.

Moths are bastards, though. Big, ugly, furry things frantically flying around and being a general pain in the ass. You turn the lights off for five seconds and they're nose diving the computer screen..

They are worse than that. They lag eggs which become caterpillars, the most vile creatures known to man.

Sacculina

Educated
commie said:
How can those spiders be cute? Any insect that has hair is disgusting. Brrrrr.
General knowledge fail. But here's some non-hairy Nephila (golden silk orb-weavers) for you.

Bird+Eating+Spider+-+2.jpg
1-spiders.jpg

Cloth (undyed; natural colour) made from the silk of over a million female Nephila:

spidercloth.jpg

visions

Arcane
commie said:
How can those spiders be cute? Any insect that has hair is disgusting. Brrrrr.

Spiders are not insects. /'spergin

I like spiders irl but kinda hate facing them in games. Web and poison tend to make them annoying fucks.

Sacculina

Educated
Luzur said:
looks more like 4 female groins pressed together then spiders.
That sounds like a very unfortunate turn of events.

:pedantic: They're harvestmen, not spiders.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom