Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sinder Velin quits TIL over TES4! (BREAKING NEWS)

Is this a PR disaster for Bethesda?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nicolai

DUMBFUCK
What, was that supposed to be funny?

bryce777

Erudite
Actually, it is pretty funny in a pathetic way.

I just know he looks and talks like the comic book guy from the simpsons "Ha ha ha! So, you thought I coud turn on the creators of the elder scrolls universe? Never! Semper Fidelis Septim!"

he does need a bullet in his sad little head, though. Not that we didn't know that before.

Drakron

Arcane
I hate to say bryce777 is right.

I hate when my ego gets the better of me and I go in a rampage over something, years ago I learned to control that to some extent.

Looking at his "message" he seems to be a young punk with the illusion he is somewhat important, I feel sorry of thinking he was someone older but I guess that was because I was following up a The Sims 2 project that was altering lighting and the person behind it quit because her wife was pregent and the baby was comming up soon ... bah, that was happens when I always assume of best of people.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Well, I didn't care either way before this was a joke. I care even less now.

Actually, that's not true. I care a little bit more because it's great that one of the GREATEST UBAR TES FANBOYZ out there is too damned stupid to know how to read a calender. Goes a long way towards justifying my general opinion of them.

Thrawn05

Scholar
Romanian_Dude2005 said:
Romanian_Dude2005 said:
Meh, I wasn't reading carefully, but if there's one thing I've learned in the past 8 months is never take SV seriously :D

I saw this coming, pitty no one listens to me :roll:

Didn't he pull somthing last year where he was going to shut down TIL because "Oblivion will most likely be the last in the series"? Oh and that he was going to get married.

Iasi, Romania?... Postcount: bigger then yours
Thrawn05 said:
Didn't he pull somthing last year where he was going to shut down TIL because "Oblivion will most likely be the last in the series"? Oh and that he was going to get married.

yep

April 2nd said:
No good thing lasts forever.

And there comes a time in the history of each website when that website must be closed, lost to memory, mostly because the webmasters lack the motivation to keep going on. Well, I have good news and bad news for you, dear visitors of the Imperial Library.

Good news: The Imperial Library is not going to be closed any time soon.

Bad news: The Imperial Library is no longer going to contain lore about the CRPG series known as The Elder Scrolls. We are terribly sorry, but we, the librarians, are certain that Oblivion is going to be the last Elder Scrolls game. The Library has been around for a long time, and it has always contained a lot of Elder Scrolls information, but we see little point in continuing to walk on a road that eventually leads to a dead end. We are... Sorry. But this is still better than closing the site altogether.

We will keep all the Elder Scrolls stuff that we have for 2 weeks, after which we will have to remove the Elder Scrolls content and start over again, this time as a site about Dungeons & Dragons, eagerly awaiting the releases of Neverwinter Nights 2 and Baldur's Gate 3. Why do we have to remove the Elder Scrolls content? Because it takes up a lot of bandwidth. So please do a great favor to the Elder Scrolls community and try to salvage as much information from the website as possible in those 2 following weeks.

Thank you and farewell. And I hope to see you again... Soon.

He's quite a kidder, eh?

Lurkar

Scholar
This is one of those rare times I actually feel pity for someone over the internet. This was a joke? Man, the cards must be stacked HIGH against him.

Proweler

Scholar
Aah, good old traditions. Good to see you all went for it, good to see you all bend over and set yourselves up to be screwed with.

Shees, when a dev publishes information about a new feature you are all sceptic but when a fan posts a totally over the top story your eating it like gravy.

You know: "When it's too good to be true..."

Sinder Velvin

Arcane
The joke? Absolutely lame. The reactions? They were the funny part.

Saint_Proverbius said:
I care a little bit more because it's great that one of the GREATEST UBAR TES FANBOYZ out there is too damned stupid to know how to read a calender.

Miseading calendars has nothing (In this case.) to do with celebrating holidays on the wrong dates.

Drakron said:
Looking at his "message" he seems to be a young punk with the illusion he is somewhat important

Two threads have recently been made about me on these Forums. That proves that I am (Or was.) important (Relatively.). Prove me wrong.

Xi

Arcane
It's amazing how gullible people can be. The extremity of the Codex can be a double edged sword it seems. Lol :P

obediah

Erudite
Obediah (back on page 1) said:
A drop in the bucket, pebble in the river, but stil I respect Sinder for making his stand even if it won't make a difference. If he retracts it all in a week, I'll kick his fucking e-teeth in, though. I hate fucking fuckers that 'leave 4-eva bitches' every two weeks.

Now where did I put my steel-toed IP boots?

ANDS!

Novice
but there is a REASON why the worst score we have seen is an 80%

All those game sites were paid off - duh. ..havent you heard.

A bunch of losers with no life at all willing not only to defend their shitty 3rd rate car to the end, but convinced it's the bee's knees.

This coming from someone with a hardon for Fallout - physician heal thyself.

Well they DID ruled the "empire" at one point but there is also almost nothing about it beyond when they taken over and when they were removed.

I thought the Arkavi were invaders - the Ayelids (High Elves) were the rules before the Arkavi invasion.

You started to cry because apparently I insulted the honor of oblivion.

I believe he "flamed" you - or cried, whatever - because of your inability to offer a counter other than "fuck youre a moron because I say so". I mean really - sonic the hedgehog meets whatever game you said. . .your pissing for the sake of pissing. OB has its problems - but it is nowhere evern CLOSE to this "pile of shit" label you seem intent on calling it.

Combat in oblivion is very action oriented.

Combat is a facet of OB. It is 100% possible to dungeon crawl and get out of combat situations WITHOUT pulling out a single combat spell.

Sound familiar?

You didnt describe a single thing. Just some generic vague comment about OB based on (im assuming) your limited play experience with the game, and the player comments that you've cherry-picked to satisfy your point - basically your style of critquing youve shown in every thread.

Using the SIMS and SONIC as comparison pieces is faulty - end of story. Sonic ISNT an "action" game. Its a rail-platformer. You use Sonic - so that it evokes kiddy-images in the minds of those youre arguing with - even though its not an apt "analogy" to use. At all.

With the tons of bad signs Oblivion has been giving it is a big risk puting 50$ on a game.

Then youre subjectively picking what crit you chose to look at, and what praise you chose to overlook.

Looking at his "message" he seems to be a young punk with the illusion he is somewhat important

Threads like this with the title "PR DISASTER" do more to fuel that than this guys behavior.

bryce777

Erudite
"This coming from someone with a hardon for Fallout - physician heal thyself." not really true. I thought it was pretty good, but hardly the high watermark, and I don't defend any games irrationally.

"Combat is a facet of OB. It is 100% possible to dungeon crawl and get out of combat situations WITHOUT pulling out a single combat spell. "
Do I look like a goddamn ponce?

"I believe he "flamed" you - or cried, whatever - because of your inability to offer a counter other than "fuck youre a moron because I say so". I mean really - sonic the hedgehog meets whatever game you said. . .your pissing for the sake of pissing. OB has its problems - but it is nowhere evern CLOSE to this "pile of shit" label you seem intent on calling it. "

My analogy is very apt, he is just too stupid to see it, as you apparently are.

"All those game sites were paid off - duh. ..havent you heard." Everyone at harvard graduates with honors or top honors - it's called grade inflation.

LEARN HOW TO USE THE INTERNET, DICKHEAD. YOU HAVE QUOTES FROM A BUNCH OF DIFFERENT PEOPLE INT HERE, ALL OUT OF ORDER AND CONTEXT.

Xi

Arcane
ANDS! said:
Well they DID ruled the "empire" at one point but there is also almost nothing about it beyond when they taken over and when they were removed.

I thought the Arkavi were invaders - the Ayelids (High Elves) were the rules before the Arkavi invasion.

I think this would have made for a better story with far more roleplay choice/consequence then the current scenario.

They could have created a story that either promotes restoring power back into the hands of the Alyieds, or you could have gone through the game trying to prevent them from regaining control. Would have been far superior and more in line with lore then anything else. More of a political struggle oozing with turmoil and betrayal.

Interesting.

Zomg

Arbiter
April Fool's is a pagan blob holiday that will eventually envelop the entire calender, and countries will have to sign AF non-proliferation treaties so that farmers stop planting rocks and lol starving people.

ANDS!

Novice
I think this would have made for a better story with far more roleplay choice/consequence then the current scenario.

Expansion Set.

I mean this ISNT the end of the game. Sure you close down the threat of the OBLIVION gates - but there are other threats out there. The Arkavari (or however their names are spelled) could try to invade again. One quest (which I havent started - just got the marker for it), has you playing Indiana Jones for artifacts from a "lost" city. Could be many more lost cities across Cyrrodil - and we know the invaded from both the north and the south (in Morrowind).

Also the Ayelids could make a nice Expansion Pack - but I dont think itll play in conjunction with the Arkavari - the times are too far apart. By the time of the invasion, the High Elves had left Cyrrodil.

The lore through spread out makes it seem though that there are more than a few threats out there that are ripe for expansion.

As for the main quest - other than trolling through the OB gates - it was pretty much settled from early reviewers that it wasnt the most interesting part of the game.

elander_

Arbiter
Sinder Velvin said:
Two threads have recently been made about me on these Forums. That proves that I am (Or was.) important (Relatively.). Prove me wrong.

'Or was' is correct. Enjoying Oblivion is not a sign of great inteligence.

Sinder Velvin

Arcane
elander_ said:
Sinder Velvin said:

'Or was' is correct. Enjoying Oblivion is not a sign of great inteligence.

Plenty of intelligent people have poor taste.

kris

Arcane
Sinder Velvin said:

There is none doubting your ego though. alas, two threads need at most two people and that in a forum basically talking nothing else but what is in topic in this case. At least this thread starter jumping at every little chance to say something about how failed Oblivion is like that be his ultimate quest.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom