Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Should I spend the $20.00?

Ruprekt

Scholar
I'd second pirating the thing if you already have the paper map (which is kinda nice).

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
You bought it once, feel free to torrent it. Also it's been $20 standard for quite some time. Sure people may find it on sale/bargain bin retail now and then but it'll probably be another few years before you see it lowered. Bethesda knows it's better than Oblivion and still has a huge community so that even newer gamers can play it with modern graphics. I don't think you'll see it for free a la Daggerfall anytime this decade.

Secretninja

Cipher
You already own it in a box, just because it is a xbox box doesn't mean it isn't a box. You aren't going to get kkk for having a boxed copy of morrowind, quit being a tool and just download it if you want to play it.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Buy games? What is this 1989

I HAVE NO MORALS BUT I KNOW I AM BAAAAAAAAAAD

PLEASE HOLD ME

while i dload some sweet games :troll:

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Why would you even bother asking? This site is full of third-worlders who don't pay for anything.

Ruprekt

Scholar
Buy this instead :salute:

51-riOjtNuL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
It depends. Morrowind is a good deal of fun and a decent timesink, but once the exploration and level grinding gets boring (around 30ish hours in, for me), there isn't much left to do other than finish the quests. Admittedly, some are pretty decent, but honestly, even with mods, Morrowind is still pretty boring on a mechanical level. Pimp it out with the latest texture packs and graphics extensions, but... well, the game is never really fun so much as just long-lived, and once the illusion of newness wears off, there isn't much left over.

Basically, imagine a version of Oblivion but with more stats/items, decent quest design, and an intelligent world design, plus crap combat, and that's pretty much what you get. If that sounds good... go pirate it anyway, don't spend your money on Bethesda.

Quetzacoatl

Liturgist
By buying the game for pc you are supporting Bethesda so the obvious answer would be to just torrent it.

MCA
Fun fact: when I first played MW and got the assignment from the captain of Fort Moonmoth to dispose of the bad guys in Balmora, I thought there might be non-violent or at least, indirect ways of getting rid of the guys because the captain said something like "not making it a scene" or something along those lines. I talked to everyone and tried to find another way other than just going in there and it depressed the fuck out of me, not finding an alternate route. I don't even know how I deluded myself like that.

Still, Morrowind is overflowing with character, something Oblivion sorely lacks. But it's not that fun to play, as sea said. It's a mechanically boring game, indeed.

bhlaab

Erudite
NO! DON'T!!!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom