Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Should a grown man really be playing Sims 4?

Should a grown play Sims 4? Is it healthy?

• Yes

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • No

Votes: 32 38.1%
  • What is a man?

Votes: 37 44.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
No, a grown man should be playing Sims 3.

Axioms

Arcane
Developer
I don't really see the difference between like The Sims 4 and Big Ambitions or Landlord's Super or Dredge or something. Granted TS4 is overpriced trash, but that's not inherent to the themes or genre.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Too old to care about the stigma it might provide, but after playing it fairly recently I found the simulation aspect of it (even with mods) pretty lacking compared to Sims 3. It only lasted a few days for me, then I grew bored. However, it does provide some fun RP, it's just a shame it's limited to this type of game. The relationship mechanics could be interesting in a more classical fantasy RPG setting. Befriending your companions in modern RPGs nowadays are only a few picked dialogue lines from having them jumping your bones.

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
lZVnwP7.png

Modron

Arcane
Amateur hour, if you have more than 200 dlc the add all button disappears as there are mutliple pages. Last time it fit all one page it was like ~7300 dollars, who knows how much the running total for train simulator is now.

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
What a gross series. I mean, who would want to do girly things like decorate a house or pretend to have children? Yuck. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm quite busy with my current Princess Maker playthrough

It's 2023... If the grown man isn't growing breasts, demanding to be called a random combination of 3 letters, and enterting women's sports competitions, you got nothing to complain about.

GrafvonMoltke

Shoutbox Purity League
Shitposter
Gentle reminder that OP was once caught out playing Minecraft and when confronted about it blamed his son instead of being a man and admitting it. And then a week later did the exact same thing about Cities Skylines, but this time blaming his wife.

GrafvonMoltke

Shoutbox Purity League
Shitposter
I see Dorkortha has discovered there's a forum outside the RE4 thread
I play The Sims yet I'm still more of a man than you'll ever be. It must be very sad to be a faggot like you.
I mentioned neither The Sims nor being a man, so the only thing I can conclude from this post is that you have some serious inadequacy issues.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom