Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shepard dies at ME3.

Hobo Elf said:
Shepard dies at the end of ME3 because it's deep and sad at the same time and Bioware will win 59 awards for the best lead character evar for that deep sacrifice that he does at the very end.

And once again all attention will be on male Shepard, when only female Shepard's scene was worth a damn.

ortucis

Prophet
They will have to have Shepard eaten and then shat out by a Reaper to avoid complains of "they have the technology, why not rebuild him?" after ME2.

Mister Arkham

Scholar
At this point I would be way more surprised if they didn't kill the poor, dumb bastard. They've been pushing the messiah angle pretty damn hard since the beginning.

racofer

Thread Incliner
ME3's ending will feature all races morning Shepard's ultimate sacrifice and declaring him the Champion of Citadel. After this emotionally engaging scene, the screen fades to black and we're taken to the site of the final battle where Shepard's dead body (which was given as completely disintegrated by the epic final exploshun) will be shown, covered in blood and debris. The game ends with him/her opening one of his/her eyes, accompanied by a climaxing musical score that ends abruptly at that moment.

meh

Educated
racofer said:
ME3's ending will feature all races morning Shepard's ultimate sacrifice and declaring him the Champion of Citadel. After this emotionally engaging scene, the screen fades to black and we're taken to the site of the final battle where Shepard's dead body (which was given as completely disintegrated by the epic final exploshun) will be shown, covered in blood and debris. The game ends with him/her opening one of his/her eyes, accompanied by a climaxing musical score that ends abruptly at that moment.

:salute:

Captain Shrek

Although its an obviously troll topic, here are some delicious spoilers:

Known spoilers: Shepperd dying in ME2 is NOT canon.

* Miranda is the daughter of the Illusive man. Who didn't see it coming should commit suicide.

* Reapers were created by an ancient primordial civilization that accidentally gave them sentience ala The Matrix. Reapers proceeded to slaughter them for they had a distaste for organic life and thus are bound by their hatred into repeating this process again and again.

* Reapers invading earth is explained by hand-waving that the relay near earth is one of the alpha-relays.

* The reapers have only ONE weakness. Viruses!!! (LOLWUT???). This happens because some of their structure is Organic due to continuous process of using genetic material of Organics. The viruses will be designed using the Physiology of the Protheans in ME2 as they represent the latest iteration of the purges.

* The illusive man ( Miranda's father) will form a secret alliance with the reapers by blackmailing them with the virus. He will force them to attack and destroy the rest of the council races, so that Humans will become the dominant species. Of course Shepperd has an option to comply.

* Joker will die! Ebon Ha.. err Normandy will survive though. Shepperd's fate is uncertain at the end and will depend of PC actions.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
The stuff in the spoilers is dumb.

Bioware twists. The twist is that there's no twist. Just "Oh... so they're goint that way with it. Meh".

@Captain Shrek:
It isn't one of them "Let's make some funny shit up and see it come true (for which it usually has a ~90% chance)"? Because it sounds biowarian enough to be real.

Going with the latter:
Captain Shrek said:
* Miranda is the daughter of the Illusive man. Who didn't see it coming should commit suicide.
Well, in all fairness, few would should give a fuck to think about that soap drama, so... can I just spank myself, instead?

* Reapers were created by an ancient primordial civilization that accidentally gave them sentience ala The Matrix. Reapers proceeded to slaughter them for they had a distaste for organic life and thus are bound by their hatred into repeating this process again and again.
"Hatred"? As in "emotions"? Like in "robots going fffuuuu-"? My simple organic mind cannot possibly comprehend.

The rest is too :retarded: to even think about. Still, all of this is just about the right amount of :re-ta-dred: to be true. I do remember laughing off the details for ME2's "streamlining" as a trolling attempt. Boy, was I in for a delightful surprise.

Project: Eternity
Captain Shrek said:

That really doesn't make sense at all.

Miranda's loyalty mission involves getting her sister/clone into safety from her father (whose female-ized clone Miranda is). Miranda has been hiding from her real father forever and has also stolen her baby sister at some point to save her from the suffocating life she had to endure.

Miranda being TIM's right hand and most trusted lieutenant makes ZERO sense if he was her father.

racofer

Thread Incliner
fxgdj5.png

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Captain Shrek said:
Although its an obviously troll topic, here are some delicious spoilers:

Known spoilers: Shepperd dying in ME2 is NOT canon.

* Reapers invading earth is explained by hand-waving that the relay near earth is one of the alpha-relays.

* The reapers have only ONE weakness. Viruses!!! (LOLWUT???). This happens because some of their structure is Organic due to continuous process of using genetic material of Organics. The viruses will be designed using the Physiology of the Protheans in ME2 as they represent the latest iteration of the purges.

* The illusive man ( Miranda's father) will form a secret alliance with the reapers by blackmailing them with the virus. He will force them to attack and destroy the rest of the council races, so that Humans will become the dominant species. Of course Shepperd has an option to comply.

* Joker will die! Ebon Ha.. err Normandy will survive though. Shepperd's fate is uncertain at the end and will depend of PC actions.

Fuck :yeah:

This shit is so great, the twists aren't the point. It's all in the journey, baby. It's like a motherfucking greek play : everyone knows how it's going to happen, but then that is not what this good shit is about. It's about my main man Shepperd :thumbsup:

Captain Shrek

ULTRA-CULTRA-BULTRA-SUPER-DUPER-BUMPER spoiler:

I have never ever played ME. Neither am I ever going to touch that retardry. I just made that shit up from the Wikipedia article. And, most of it WILL be true no matter what you do, like, want, wish etc.
:smug:

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
The Reapers are actually the Shivans from Freespace. ME3 will be Freespace 3 as we always wanted it, but the technology just wasn't good enough to show; an epic gay romancin' cover shooter.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Admiral jimbob said:
ME3 will be Freespace 3 as we always wanted it, but the technology just wasn't good enough to show; an epic gay romancin' cover shooter.
You forgot the collar-grabbing :/

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Shepard making a Final Sacrifice™ will be obvious. As well as a He's dead.... OR IS HE? ending... (this IS Bioware FFS!).

Which kind of makes sense in that I'm sure the next trilogy will probably be after the events of ME3, and will also probably mention Shepard as a great Hero or whatever..

Unless they do something cool and the next trilogy actually takes place at the first contact war with the Turians. Which would be pure awesome.

grdja

Augur
Why do I read this the decline makes my head hurt, I wont pirate it anyway, same as DA2 or ME2 or SupCom2 or Bioshock2 or Falluot3 or any other fucking boring repetitive GOTY masterpiece.

Observing Bioware's decline? They started with "I lost my puppy, can you find it" in original Baldurs Gate. With BG2 they already created their set of characters and twists and kept reusing them over and over and over and over again. KOTOR 1 was fun, even though main characters already had Bioware(tm) written all over them. After that... from bad to worse to are you fucking kidding me.

The oh so praised on freaking Kodex ME2 was barely decent console coverbased shooter with some action RPG elements and Bioware romances and companion system.

How can there be any doubt that ME3 will suck. That all plot points will be seen in first second. That characters will be the same Bioware(tm) archetypes seen 50x before.
What could have been expected in the first place, looking at last 7 years of Bioware work?

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Captain Shrek said:
ULTRA-CULTRA-BULTRA-SUPER-DUPER-BUMPER spoiler:

I have never ever played ME. Neither am I ever going to touch that retardry. I just made that shit up from the Wikipedia article. And, most of it WILL be true no matter what you do, like, want, wish etc.
:smug:

THIS CAN'T BE I WAS DECEIVED :godimsomadtheyremovedthissmiley:

Still gonna be the greatest shit ever, you don't know what you're missing faggot :smug:

sser

Arcane
Developer
How about the Reapers are actually doing the galaxy a favor. If left unattended, the galaxy inevitably blows the shit out of itself so hard that the purpose of life is ground down to basic survival, which in itself is an awful, day to day existence. So the Reapers are like, "Hey, Shepherd. Dude, you can like kill us but you'll only be causing horrible pain in the end. Or we can wipe everyone out and a new generation can, in time, enjoy life the way it was meant to be even if it is only for as long as we allow it." The realist vs. idealist choices are well overdone, but I like 'em.

Whatever. It would not really surprise me that the BioWare writers themselves have no idea and instead are scouring the internet for topics just like this to find some way to wrap up the hole they dug themselves into.

ortucis

Prophet
sser said:
If left unattended, the galaxy inevitably blows the shit out of itself so hard that the purpose of life is ground down to basic survival...

You should write for BioWare.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom