Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun modules

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Guise, anyone figured how to edit the appearance of a created character?
I don't find any options beyond choosing a model.

Skunkpew

Augur
I don't know if I should continue making Thief fan missions, or take a break for half a year and make a really cool Shadowrun campaign. Though either way it's a win/win.

DramaticPopcorn

As for the dialogue editor, what do you mean by node links for player responses? Do you mean something like looping back to a previous node? You can do that by copying the NPC (blue) node you want to jump back to and use 'paste as link' on a player (red) node.
In NWN's editor, you can link both player and NPC lines of any kind at any point. In Shadowrun it seems like you can only link NPC lines, and only directly after a player line. So if you have an "interrogation" kind of node where the player can ask many questions, you can't just set up the player lines as links - instead you have to copy-paste them a whole bunch of extra times. The same goes if you want to have, say, 3 possible NPC lines to all lead to the same new line via a continue - it's impossible to link here as well, so you have to add a player line to do the link off of.

How's scripting, sea? Is it possible to change dialogue content dynamically via pseudo-condition script like in NWN2?

Also, what about custom abilities and spells? And skills. And interface.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Wow they have a dragon for president... thats awesome.

Had. He "got killed" the night after he got elected. Then the world read his lat will and testament and a billion plot hooks were born.

Actually he sacrificed himself to stop eldritch horrors crossing over to this world after some aztechnology big shot pulled off some major blood magic ritual. No, not bug spirits. Those are just nuisances compared to the kind of drek a toxic shaman, winternight or dedicated blood mages will stir up. And horrors are cthulhu mythos levels of you're fucked.

Morkar Left

On a related note, did somebody experiment with C&C in editor yet? Mostly interested if non-linear story structure is possible, for example different dialogue options taking you to different maps, or having some sort of global variables that would be shared throughout campaign (tracking who you killed and didnt, objectives complete etc)?
Definitely possible. There are global [story] variables that carry over, and you can manipulate them from dialogues, triggers, etc. You can then change the way the campaign plays out depending on their values.

OTOH the main problem with creating a nonlinear campaign is that - aside from gear/stats/etc - ONLY these global variables persist between maps (this is also due to the checkpoint save system, so we can hope this'll get changed if HBS is under enough pressure to add a real save system to the game). So you either need to have several hundred variables to store the state of the world and have a lot of 'on-map-load' triggers on each map to restore its state (which is kinda slow, too)... or you need to adhere to the mission-based structure used in the OC.

I'm intrigued at the moment to create a campaign myself. My plan would be to create your safehouse as a hub. From the hub you can get access via vidphone to your fixer etc. I plan to make it mostly linear by getting mission after mission but would like to branch out later by having the option to choose between 1-3 missions with unchosen missions becoming unavailable.

I would like to unlock more difficult (and therefore better paid) missions depending on reputation. Is there a way to permanently store a global variable for such things and make the availability of such missions dependent on it?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I would like to unlock more difficult (and therefore better paid) missions depending on reputation. Is there a way to permanently store a global variable for such things and make the availability of such missions dependent on it?

Editing a content pack presents an option for declaring variables. That might tide you over.

Jackalope

Arcane
Working on my first map right now, chummers. Things are looking good. Made a couple of custom assets and added them successfully, so I thought' I must show off.

mymap1.png

SmartCheetah

Arcane
I'm playing around with the editor as well. What I can create so far:
- Basic quests
- Maps with usable props
- Conversations
- NPC's stuff
- Persistent bodies (Looting is a chore and doesn't really work that well)

Got a little problem with the last thing tho'. After killing the scumbags, they are still moving while lying on the ground, lol. Like they were wounded or something, not killed. Any ideas?
v5bbxs.png
Did I forgot something? Fellas are ticked as unkillable

Anyway, for starters I'm planning a small module with few easy missions.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Got a little problem with the last thing tho'. After killing the scumbags, they are still moving while lying on the ground, lol. Like they were wounded or something, not killed. Any ideas?
Can you set up a custom event that causes the body to disappear after the player has looted it?

SmartCheetah

Arcane
Yes, it is possible. I was using this tutorial to make it:

Persistent bodies, random loot, and bodies disappearing after player loots 'em.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Work in progress outdoor map is kinda coming along.

sr3.jpg

Having some problems getting everything to look quite right. Lighting is an issue, though I'm getting better with it. However, the bigger problem is getting building pieces to fit together. A lot of the ones that are supposedly of the same "set" really do not fit quite right, leading to visible gaps between seams. I guess it's just trial and error to get them working.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom