Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Dukatenscheisser

Educated
"Oh god why."

Err.. High contrast colour like hot pink makes your units easier to spot in chaos of the battle. :?

It also makes easier to spot your general in Shogun 2 : Total war

FM7Q8gi.jpg

...and your guys in mass effect:

p40eoRo.jpg

Ok, ok I'm a sucker for pink. :oops:

Dukatenscheisser

Educated
My favourite strategy game Myth: The fallen lords. First game that unleashed full potential of my Voodoo 2 Graphic card! :)

Still looks great today :
Your favourite "strategy" game and you can't even properly recognize it? All those screens are from Soulblighter:rpgcodex:

Touché. First screen is from TFL campaign mod for Soulblighter and other two are form Solublighter multiplayer. Both games are excellent altough I prefer first one. Soulblighter have community support to this day and a native linux support so I usually play TFL mod for Soulblighter.

What I first wrote was a terrible mistake that cannot be undone. I'm sorry I have failed you my brothers. AGhhhhhhhhh! #performes seppuku#

Last edited:

spekkio

Arcane
FarCry

O5N95sU.jpg

:troll:

Now I only need some other mod to turn the gameplay into something at least fucking decent... So far, it's something like:

1) spot enemies from 2km, so they appear on your radar

VMPD9Oj.jpg

NLi7tIa.jpg

2) Slowly move closer (they can spot you from ~100m)

2aOXGrQ.jpg

3) Execute

or

1) Get jeep, blow up everything using rockets

RfLYxb9.jpg

tl;dr

2rMB963.jpg

Does it get ANY better, because so far it's total shit - it's more of a hiking simulator than a FPS...
The only skill it requires is the skill of spotting enemies hiding behind bushes.

:decline:

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
FarCry

Does it get ANY better, because so far it's total shit - it's more of a hiking simulator than a FPS...
The only skill it requires is the skill of spotting enemies hiding behind bushes.

:decline:

Nope, I would say it get's worse when you start fighting...

Mutants. Ugh.

The game looks alright today, but it still goes to show that all Crytek is good for is tech demos for PC gamers to wank off to.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
dreamfall3.jpg

:hmmm:

dreamfall1.jpg

Truly, more RPGs and adventure games alike should take inspiration from the innovative design miracle that was Fallout 3's intro.

dreamfall2.jpg

Of course, Dreamfall Chapters takes it one step further by adding a stealth section in which you must sneak past your father in order not to be put back into the crib. Didn't you hear adventure games were evolving?

DraQ

Arcane
"Oh god why."

Err.. High contrast colour like hot pink makes your units easier to spot in chaos of the battle. :?
I bet it also gives you an unfair advantage against other players who are too busy clutching their blood spurting eyes to be actually playing, you monster.

Your ME screenie is more of an example of maroon (yeah, as a male I probably shouldn't be knowing it, but in my defense I looked it up based on :outrage:word "bordowy" which thankfully is a normal colour, not some :codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:abomination like "fluksja" or whatever), rather than pink, especially of eye-searing variety, so (apart from playing ME) you're excused.

Essegi

Cipher
first person rogue-lite Ziggurat.
That looks interesting, i didn't knew that. Thanks for posting this!

FarCry

The only skill it requires is the skill of spotting enemies hiding behind bushes.:decline:
Set it on realistic difficulty without quicksaves, you'll be glad that binoculars spot enemies... Also mutants were quite hard to fight and added variety of gameplay, i enjoyed their presence.
Btw back to screens.

Legend of Grimrock 2
Lol, i started just to try with pregen party then i sticked with it.

ib2jnVGFwAr2lR.jpg

ibqrrudKmpg0uq.jpg

Day - night cycle is very nice.

iA2KR6mbWmV5a.jpg

Underground again!

iGBn39aS7AkcP.jpg

Omg! A gate in the woods! How we are supposed to pass?
Ok, sounds retarded that this blocks the party, concede that to the game...

ibkBYt0apaqttc.jpg

ibcNv7T3ii3yMW.jpg

Shrine!

iQUzpAF4r1QWv.jpg

Weapons have active special abilities.

iFGD3K9Y5ZvJ4.jpg

irpjIxvXYNJrM.jpg

i5jLsdLQuA54n.jpg

Nice family

ibvpf5vzdLgd1f.jpg

A very "oh sheeit!" moment. Luckily i escaped easily unharmed.

ibpN73LQpDOVj1.jpg

iX1PC9bMeLJGN.jpg

iLN4YDZl9Efvu.jpg

Mhmhmh... That will be interesting...

ib0CvOCYb6BDOQ.jpg

Underwater.

zwanzig_zwoelf

First Quake had style and tech to pull off some good shit.
Quake 2 had technology, but lacked the style and atmosphere the first game had.
Overall, I like Quake 1 graphics and gameplay way better than what Quake 2 could offer.
Pity that there are not that much games that use Quake Engine, though it was licensed by other companies to develop engines like LithTech and GoldSource.

spekkio

Arcane
spekkio @FarCry said:
- @Gameplay: "use binoculars to spot enemies from 2km, so they appear on your radar"

- "Does it get ANY better, because so far it's total shit - it's more of a hiking simulator than a FPS... "
Set it on realistic difficulty without quicksaves, you'll be glad that binoculars spot enemies...
So.. Am I getting this right: I wrote that I hated the cheating AI (fags can perfectly snipe you with a rifle from 500m, even if you're perfectly hidden) plus binoculars working as a "marker" for the radar and... you recommend me to increase difficulty and stop using quicksaves? And that will help with the shitty aimbot AI, boring levels and unfunny gameplay how exactly?

:rpgcodex:

Kidding - Already uninstalled. :lol: That was my second aborted attempt, so it's either not my cup of tea of simply a shitty game

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom