Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
No, it an "adventure" game season one by Telltale.

Edit: Ninja'd by Zewp.

Machocruz

Arcane
pLXNCO4.jpg

YOU WANT SOME? FUCK YOU DRAGON.

Ydjj1st.jpg

WHAT'S THAT DWARVEN MASTER CENTURION?

OyHjKjV.jpg

YEAH THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT. PUSSY.

These are suitably Howardian (Robert E., not Todd). Sometimes you can make lemonade out of lemons.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Skyrim really only works as a hiking sim. I really enjoyed looking around some of the areas. That first big city you encounter was fun. Meadow, small streams, town on a hilltop and a fog rolling in followed by rain and thunder. That's nice.

Too bad pretty much everything else seems to be designed to ruin all that.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Earlier...
qncPdr8.jpg

Why Bethesda? There's nothing stopping me? Even BioWare stick walls and shit in your face so you know you can't GO THERE.

See, I always thought the whole "barriers everywhere around our province" thing was stupid. I much prefer that message, more immersive for me because a road to Morrowind actually exists, etc. In Oblivious there were no roads or paths to the other provinces at all, to avoid exactly what you're bitching about here.

Can't please everyone, etc. etc.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Earlier...

Why Bethesda? There's nothing stopping me? Even BioWare stick walls and shit in your face so you know you can't GO THERE.

See, I always thought the whole "barriers everywhere around our province" thing was stupid. I much prefer that message, more immersive for me because a road to Morrowind actually exists, etc. In Oblivious there were no roads or paths to the other provinces at all, to avoid exactly what you're bitching about here.

Did anything come out of modders discovering that the bordering provinces were pretty much already roughly modeled into the game? I figured we'd either get a few dlc that would expand the territory or that modders would quickly break it open and start fucking around with it.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Did anything come out of modders discovering that the bordering provinces were pretty much already roughly modeled into the game? I figured we'd either get a few dlc that would expand the territory or that modders would quickly break it open and start fucking around with it.

I'm not the biggest mod guy but I know someone recreated Morrowind already, very roughly.

Actually there was a road to Morrowind, it just wouldn't let you progress further at some point. One of the rare "gimme 100 gold" Highwaymen was stationed near it, even. The paths to other provinces mostly just stop on the middle of nowhere though. But yes, the world has to end at some point and an arbitrary "the game is the other way, you have to go back" is still better than a giant line of impassable mountains or buildings.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
BEHOLD, fair Codexia, the epic tale of Captain Gabel Bogo:

Bw6d9nM.jpg

My name is Gabel Bogo, Captain of the Yellow Bros.

jNf8Pxh.jpg

My squad and I are protecting a stone quarry in the remote planet of Codexia, a crucial strategic asset for the catapults of the Imperium.

sbtwxiY.jpg

Over 10 million workers work in the dangerous caves where the glorious STONE lies..... wait, what is that yellow shadow?

Oganvlu.jpg

By the EMPRAH, one of the workers has gone mad and is attacking the support pilar for the entire cave system!

f3CVCDv.jpg

I must stop him! Without STONE, the entire sector is in danger!

78VftAN.jpg

Surrender hope, SPESS MEHREN! Your false EMPRAH can't protect you now!

pSf8ZFD.jpg

SILENT HERETIC! The Codex Astartes names this manuever "STONE RUN".

oj8SYVf.jpg

Not even that can help you now, the pillar falls, I am victorious! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Y3AaAKD.jpg

HAHAHAHA...a.a...a...... er...that was underwhelming....

WMGxCJX.jpg

HERETIC BLUG, by your crimes against the EMPRAH, (and lack or other methods of disposal) you shall be cast into the void, where you never should have left!

eSgDSJS.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOO, I will get you for this, Gabel Bogo!

zE98pCo.jpg

ARHGSHSGSHSGSHGSHGSHSGSHLADJSOIDNM!!!!!!1111111

THE END.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013

Invisible walls are more immersive than visible walls?

Well that's a first.

Also, ever heard of gates? They're these giant doors that you can place on a path to bar access to certain areas?

circ

Arcane
Well, with BioWare walls you're usually irked because the areas are already so tiny. But here you have a pretty massive outdoor area and you've been walking for a day of gametime when suddenly trekking up a path you're treated to the message YOU CAN'T GO THERE. Yeah, sorry, but that's just lazy design.

Tel Velothi

Cipher
Reminded me of this: http://chanarchive.org/4chan/v/2503/fargoth

Sometimes, I like to create a Bosmer character identical in face and hairstyle to him. Then, in the dead of night, pick his lock and enter his house, completely naked.

I murder him. I take his clothes, and dispose of his corpse.

The rest of the game is spent not taking quests, but travelling around Seyda Neen, simply being him. I sleep in his bed. I eat his food. I walk in the same aimless pattern he did.

And I talk to his best friend, Arille. Though we maintain an air of friendly chatter, I can see the uneasiness in his eyes. All the villagers. They know. They're watching me.

I've passed 100+ game days doing this.

epic shit :lol:

circ

Arcane
Almost tempted to reinstall Morrowind again instead. Maybe later.

MEANWHILE IN SKYRIMZ

ba2xGgq.jpg

Chillaxin in Blackreach with Dunehviir. Ok you can barely make the dragon out. BUT HEY. GOOD PLAN TO MAKE 80% OF THE AREA PITCH FUCKING DARK. AND THEN TO TOP IT OFF, MAKE A RETARDED FETCH QUEST ITS ONLY REASON FOR EXISTING. WELL AN ELDER SCROLL TOO BUT YOU CAN JUST BREEZE TO THAT. I MEAN YEAH KINDA FUN TO GET AMBUSHED BY FALMER THAT YOU CAN'T ACTUALLY SEE. WELL SHIT YOU CAN'T EVEN SEE YOURSELF SWINGING YOUR DICK. UNDECIDED IF I THOUGHT BLACKREACH OR SOUL CAIRN WAS THE BIGGEST WASTE OF TIME. BOTH? Well atleast Blackreach offers no less than 3 routes to the surface so you're never too far from commodities. Shit Cairn - different story.

SxpcOyf.jpg

Taking a lift to the surface from PITCHBLACKREACH and walk randomly and well. Dead horse. Or would that be, dead horse's ass? I don't care. Just weird. THIS SHIT IS WEIRDDDDD.

Gord

Arcane
Taking a lift to the surface from PITCHBLACKREACH and walk randomly and well. Dead horse. Or would that be, dead horse's ass? I don't care. Just weird. THIS SHIT IS WEIRDDDDD.

With all the caves and mines in Tamriel it's no wonder that sudden cave-ins and holes in the ground are a common cause for horse-cart related accidents and horse-asses sticking up into the air. I wonder what Andyman Messiah thinks about that.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated

With all the caves and mines in Tamriel it's no wonder that sudden cave-ins and holes in the ground are a common cause for horse-cart related accidents and horse-asses sticking up into the air. I wonder what Andyman Messiah thinks about that.
Man, sometimes a nigga is just desperate for a boning.

Ashery

Prophet
Got bored and decided to dick around with the original Stronghold's campaigns on very hard. Unfortunately, saving the game without admin privileges on Win7 fails without confirmation that it failed, so I ended up losing the progress on a few military missions, getting pissed, and deciding to play through the economic campaign in the meantime.

Third mission: The rather hilarious result of requiring 200 people, 6400 gold, and permitting me to sell wood and wheat.

7r99hxx.jpg

Fourth mission: Oh god, it burns. Literally. Fires in this game are so god damn irritating. I probably had over twenty wells running and, even then, fires were absolutely fucking awful, especially if they hit my bakeries. Fortunately, I never lost any bakeries, but I would lose 30-50 people as they walked into a giant wall of flames. Requirements were pretty damn steep as well: 720 bread, 80 maces, 80 leather armor, 360 stone, and completing the castle. On top of that, you had frequent bandit and wolf attacks. The first few groups of bandits just wail on a tower, but the last couple actually make a move for your quarries and would've been a bitch if I had remained inside the castle "skeleton" that I started the mission with. Important/expensive industries were isolated with 6+ open tiles in order to prevent fire from spreading across my entire base.

wQZQxGV.jpg

Fifth mission: Anticlimactic is pretty much the only way to describe it. Requirements were really basic: 10000 gold. On top of that, there was no military activity at all and you started off with a bunch of cruel buildings already built. With pitch and bread available for export, it was pretty much trivial.

Qk6q25Q.jpg

Kirtai

Augur
Got bored and decided to dick around with the original Stronghold's campaigns on very hard. Unfortunately, saving the game without admin privileges on Win7 fails without confirmation that it failed, so I ended up losing the progress on a few military missions, getting pissed, and deciding to play through the economic campaign in the meantime.
If it's installed under "Program Files" try checking C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\[APPNAME] for your saves. Win7 UAC sticks anything saved to the apps folder without admin privileges in there. (It may be "Program Files x86" instead in both places)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom