Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Astral Rag

Arcane
Beat the game's campaign last night, it took me 7-8 hours. Time to do some more freelance work :hero:

F9CB2A22AD04BC58634B050E5B9D44E2C76FA2C1

95125AD0FA8F23F14D35A6D3502129B13E41B34A

2BBF39B7AE5CF03A4CD0BA4F5865AA2E9A364F09

BC29E6A7E09C7858C7DCE74E24EC11A225636677

C76EE45D9C4D23088D3D6A72A605BB5483FEB482

Last edited:

spekkio

Arcane
^These portraits in warpig's screenshots look fantastic (Front Mission vibe).
Codex needs them as avatards. Hand them over.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's an erotic game that has better gameplay than most other games of all genres, including AAA titles and almost all RPGs :M

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
EA7mRKO.png

vEUXgS5.png

Allright, let's do this :killitwithfire:

j7EMyfV.png

Tutorials!

5IkcIf8.png

Bw1zIm1.png

e7TfFG5.png

pPRt9hS.png

I remebmer hating this level as a kid for some reason.

LV0OS0K.png

Cool, but kind of useless.

hcOURtS.png

Bitches!

aeuJilg.png

jPEU9d8.png

Secrets!

RQqfhEt.png

UzwGkH2.png

No, fuck you!

Ri21Ern.png

2y4n3Ed.png

Sewer level! Really shitty music!

G97h1xM.png

Chillax brah!

4CAeDG1.png

X5tCr4n.png

XVSlXYg.png

kGWUEoj.png

:killitwithfire::killitwithfire::killitwithfire:

gzObEzQ.png

KBh3UMt.png

Post-apocalyptic landscapes!

1po5myf.png

Fuck yeah!

hGA88bQ.png

FeoTVM1.png

hdKC7ld.png

aKS7Na4.png

PW1hgGm.png

Cq8WDWn.png

rIjkOm5.png

hrMIpFq.png

Y6g4w9x.png

Shiiiieeeeeet.

:killitwithfire::killitwithfire::killitwithfire:

9Adgdj5.png

:yeah:

spekkio

Arcane
Castlevania - Circle Of The Moon

YVTpQXw.jpg

wqTgYW6.jpg

:roll:

Executing cheese.exe

w3grw4p.jpg

20 minutes later:

3SoEyEd.jpg

:dance:

WTLH4dc.jpg

:gay:

Anyway:

DVTYnCf.jpg

3wVIlNA.jpg

Time to take out the trash...

AcA59XO.jpg

:shredder:

Artyom on rails of Metro 2033

Speaking of "first impression"...
Performance is abysmal: Constant FPS drops, changing options does shit. Once I accidentally turned Fraps' movie recording on, FPS didn't drop at all - first time I've encountered something like this. "Fantastic" CPU optimization - game seems to be using almost excusively GPU...
Sound is shit. You can move half a map away from a person who started speaking to you, and her/his voice will just keep babbling. Multiply by 20 persons and enjoy. Some kind of HD sound malfunction or sth?
Default FOV is shit:

HTRAfhI.jpg

You have to tweak it via ini:

Zv2JU2Y.jpg

And some things sure seem familiar:

qKKI1k8.jpg

sihtnXW.jpg

:decline:

I hope this shit opens up later, since I'm already fed up with railroaded "shooting gallery" gameplay.
Fuckin' next-gen devs.

spekkio

Arcane
Sorry, screenshots came out filtered because of reasons (wrong setting in Retroarch's ini). They were 1680x1050 originally, when native GBA res was 240x160. :lol:

DeepOcean

Arcane
I hope this shit opens up later, since I'm already fed up with railroaded "shooting gallery" gameplay.
Fuckin' next-gen devs.
Depends of what your expectations are, it never truly opens up, the game will remain linear but there are a few levels that don't railroad you that hard and are more similar to Half Life 2 with the game letting you loose, you even have the option of stealthing your way through on alot of fights. Unfortunately, there are a few CoD style linear sections with BS turret sections included but if you manage to deal with that, the more open levels are fun and there are some pretty atmospheric moments later on that made dealing with the BS worthy for me. Just a tip, don't waste alot of money on bullets or guns, you will get everything you will ever need from enemies, priority number one should be air. I dunno which version you are playing but if you are playing the original version, buy as much gas mask refills as you can right at the start as later there aren't vendors selling them.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Cool shooter. One of those fps-es that know how to do art direction and make alien world feel... alien. The weapons feel weak, but still better than in Doom 3. The gravity mixing, the portal system and the creativity when it comes to level design and pacing is excellent. I wish there was more stuff to do in the land of the ancients. Oh, and the cliffhanger ending made be want a proper sequel. Judging from the E3 presentation it will sadly be a NEW but not so new IP. Kudos to Human Head devs, Prey and Turok are the only games that have Indian protagonists and they are really good.

GZRbhwj.jpg

2nMS5U6.jpg

JlTcido.jpg

eXBYw5O.jpg

15TXtrE.jpg

POgpAQF.jpg

CLBpYJm.jpg

SaHDWyA.jpg

QLesAgz.jpg

KQbTPrj.jpg

LqT9EHs.jpg

JP1TGQL.jpg

tormund

Arcane
TBH I wasn't that impressed with Prey's art direction. Visually looked less like a Doom 3 expansion than Quake 4 did, but it was still too similar to D3. Its biomechanical environments could have been more creative and alien.

It was still a good game. Gimmicky linear shooter, but one that is actually enjoyable and surprisingly twisted.
"Sequel"/"reboot" looks promising, but sadly it doesn't seem like there'll be any kind of thematic and story connections to original game.

Last edited:

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Huh, so it's actually good? I always thought that Prey was just a poop game that took way too long to develop. Shame you can't really get it anywhere anymore.

tormund

Arcane
Well, Bethesda MIGHT decide to put it back on sale now that IP has been revived, unless there are some legal issues with it that prevent them from selling it.

AFAIK, popular "explanation" for its removal from Steam was that they run out of keys or something like that.

I stalk the night
Patron
Digital distribution. Run out of keys. :lol:

If Bethesda starts to sell it, rather just not remove it from inventory if an insatiable urge to play it hits. Doubt Human Head will get anything from that deal.

tormund

Arcane
Hence "explanation" instead of explanation.
http://archive.is/BxqAK
It always sounded fishy to me, which is why I think that there is some legal/licensing problem in the background.
And yes, it's probably safe to assume that Human Head won't see a cent from sales if the game ever returns to Steam.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom