Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Pelvis Knot

Cipher
Q: What is licorice used for?
I don't think it's used for anything in BoD. But if I remembe right, there is one encounter on the overland map where you can use bon bons to feed a goat or something.
Thanks, I googled a bit and it seems this goat encounter is in Star Trail.

I'm playing RoA for the first time and I must say this game is fantastic. Really captures the sense of adventuring.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
I was actually just quoting an amusing Andhaira post.

But the answer to your question is yes.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Baldurs Gate 2 which I installed for no reason and without any intention to complete but... eh

I can't wait to see how Beamdog will enhance the fuck out of this with their blurry upscaling, subpar content and FMVs made by the nearby kindergarten.

PECxI.jpg

zTPC3.jpg

Bioware hates religious people:

MYAnX.jpg

IoYbs.jpg

There's more where this came from - in the end it turns into a nice post apocalyptic vision.
Once Bioware writing was good.

And of course some of those nice little D&D details that fortunately lack in Codex Game of the Years like DAO and Skyrim nowadays.
Imagine if magic has some other effects but glorious ++ to damage and even the chance to backfire?

JJ64f.jpg

HEjjG.jpg

Sure - these are minor details. But it's much better than the shitty "fire burns, ice freezes, lightning shocks" that is present in every beloved shitdex "RPG" of today.

Icewind Dale

RJL1B.jpg

This is where CDS party ended up in the last session... Which was 11 months ago.
Hopefully this weekend the story/loot butthurt over me stealing all the best stuff continues.

catfood

AGAIN
kjQ4N.jpg

A couple of estate blocks. I have another 4 estate block somewhere on the map. You can never have too many troops.

PM014.jpg

A temple to Hades.

4LYy0.jpg

And one to Poseidon. What pisses me off is despite the fact that he's related to horses but you can't build horse ranches in this mission. I assumed that once I built his temple they would unlock, but nope. What a rip-off :decline:
Oh, Zeus also keeps pestering me, but I don't see the point in building a monument to him since I don't get attacked by other gods in this mission.

CmrUz.jpg

Gettin ready 2 attack Troy. They have 5 shields on the map so this force is most likely not going to cut it.

bekmw.jpg

Yup, just as expected.

rcPa6.jpg

They suffered quite a bit of losses so maybe next time this will all be over.

WBRZB.jpg

:yeah:

All of the original Zeus missions are not complete. Now on to Poseidon.

This is a fairly easy game. There was only one mission that really had me stop and asses my situation and develop a strategy. It was one of the colony scenarios in this campaign, the one where you can't produce anything and have to rely for every single resource on other cities. It was the first time I saw the DEFEAT scree. :lol: I almost had to restart it. Luckily after raiding some of the rival towns and paying tribute to Troy everything went smoothly.

Comte

Found Wylfdene's Tomb on Burial Isle. Now I just gotta find Hjollder and get out of this cursed place.

ibxcDLWXu9JgHP.png

Malhavoc

Novice
Good as for the first time, really hard if you don't react fast enough.

Indeed! Abuse was pretty painful on the higher difficulties and was pretty spooky in certain areas. Also, the mouse aim was pretty darn cool at the time. At least to me.

Q: What is licorice used for?

There might be a few quests that need it or special events which I don't recall, but otherwise it's just food.

Multi-headed Cow

Yup, the Secret World.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom