Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
I am so bad at this game...

QuBI7sy.png

... but 3 lives just for Stage 6 should be more than enough.

4 minutes later:

QmIQmhV.png

I am so bad at this game. Still, a clear is a clear. Fuck the small red bullets.

lOngJ8p.png

"If you were any good bro, you'd have gotten into the second loop."

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
The SHMUP is DonPachi and on the latter I'd guess The Secret World, would fit the theme and who posted it.

Alfons

Prophet
Goddamn, I really need to get back to Ys. It's just... it's just that it was too fucking hard guys. :negative:
I suppose it's true what they say:"And when you gaze long into a popamole the popamole also gazes into you.":negative:

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Goddamn, I really need to get back to Ys. It's just... it's just that it was too fucking hard guys. :negative:
I suppose it's true what they say:"And when you gaze long into a popamole the popamole also gazes into you.":negative:

Eh, my reflexes are pretty average and playing Ys Origin on Hard feels really good. Just go for it.

I'd probably rage-quit if I had to play it on Nightmare, though.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm pretty bad at action games and managed to beat Origin on nightmare with Hugo without too much trouble or raging. The constant button mashing on him made my fingers hurt during longer sessions though. Nightmare takes the ap scarcity to a whole new level and I felt that hard was the optimal difficulty to be honest.

You could also play the game on the easier difficulties on your first playthrough to get a better feel for the game. It's one of those games where I actually liked that the individual playthroughs are fairly short(10-12h). I first played through it with Yunica on normal, then hard with Toal and nightmare with Hugo. The characters have different playstyles and their paths through the tower differ from each other as well. Yunica and Hugo are fairly similar, excluding the story banters, but Toal's path differs more and has some extra surprises as well.

The Ys thread in the weeaboo forum is also fairly active and friendly if you need some advice.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Hard is a good difficulty because it never feels unfair. You always know when and how you fucked up, and how you can do better - and eventually you do. I never played Origin on Normal, but imagine that's a good starting difficulty if you suck at ARPGs and want to get better.

I haven't really tried Nightmare though. It sounds a bit too scary. :P

Coyote

Arcane
2rDmQvT.png
:dance:

You should definitely be able to make it through nightmare with at least Hugo if you can survive hard with the other two. Ranged attacks + quen = much easier to avoid taking damage, and boss fights on nightmare are all about avoiding damage.

pippin

Ys Origin isn't much harder than your average ARPG. Exploring the levels is cool because the design is simple yet elegant, and the bosses are super fun.
Also, a number of achievements are named after Rush songs :incline:

Coyote

Arcane
4kFzoPl.jpg

qhWwIQo.jpg

jESHmPh.jpg

TT4Pe1S.jpg

mTfQUQf.jpg

mWQqGOA.jpg

EHooIIj.jpg

rFPQGQr.jpg

3ayFf0t.jpg

NlXS3Ag.jpg

GNggbZD.jpg

rxSZz1z.jpg

0IxmrYq.jpg

4DLBYC4.jpg

cw7RDWt.jpg

0CXIcmi.jpg

wXyV3w9.jpg

VqH5yRI.jpg

DpnLKPs.jpg

XzwZhAT.jpg

nZ4QcCE.jpg

d4QAqlS.jpg

KtSyRTw.jpg

7x1DBpt.jpg

zVi20AW.jpg

qO5SoCu.jpg

fr4QNZY.jpg

MHFPwqo.jpg

wFfgykg.jpg

The original Hell Temple tablet said:
The Hell Temple is the cool place to hang out. You can find most of the cool people there. In Hell Temple you can just chill and do whatever and totally relax. "Take it easy" is the Hell Temple motto, for example, that's how laid back it is there. Show up if you want to have a good time. Another good reason to show up is if you want to hang out with friends.

Hell Temple is one of the most trollish areas I've ever played in a game. The method to find it is extremely obscure, and the rooms within alternate between the toughest platforming in the game, an occasional puzzle, and traps designed specifically to cause you to lose several screens' worth of progress the first time you encounter them.

VKVcdS9.jpg

So what do you get for making it through this gauntlet? Why, the ultimate treasure, of course!

gJqvBKO.jpg

:troll:

Before:

WfYSe06.jpg

After:

WyOK37G.jpg

That's not an equippable item, BTW. Hope you enjoy watching Lemeza's wiggling ass every time you climb a ladder!

h1xg7l0.jpg

Last edited:

haraw

Educated
qhWwIQo.jpg

jESHmPh.jpg

TT4Pe1S.jpg

mTfQUQf.jpg

mWQqGOA.jpg

EHooIIj.jpg

rFPQGQr.jpg

3ayFf0t.jpg

NlXS3Ag.jpg

GNggbZD.jpg

rxSZz1z.jpg

0IxmrYq.jpg

4DLBYC4.jpg

cw7RDWt.jpg

0CXIcmi.jpg

wXyV3w9.jpg

VqH5yRI.jpg

DpnLKPs.jpg

XzwZhAT.jpg

nZ4QcCE.jpg

d4QAqlS.jpg

KtSyRTw.jpg

7x1DBpt.jpg

zVi20AW.jpg

qO5SoCu.jpg

fr4QNZY.jpg

MHFPwqo.jpg

wFfgykg.jpg

The original Hell Temple tablet said:
The Hell Temple is the cool place to hang out. You can find most of the cool people there. In Hell Temple you can just chill and do whatever and totally relax. "Take it easy" is the Hell Temple motto, for example, that's how laid back it is there. Show up if you want to have a good time. Another good reason to show up is if you want to hang out with friends.

Hell Temple is one of the most trollish areas I've ever played in a game. The method to find it is extremely obscure, and the rooms within alternate between the toughest platforming in the game, an occasional puzzle, and traps designed specifically to cause you to lose several screens' worth of progress the first time you encounter them.

VKVcdS9.jpg

So what do you get for making it through this gauntlet? Why, the ultimate treasure, of course!

gJqvBKO.jpg

:troll:

Before:

WfYSe06.jpg

After:

WyOK37G.jpg

That's not an equippable item, BTW. Hope you enjoy watching Lemeza's wiggling ass every time you climb a ladder!

h1xg7l0.jpg

How this compares with the original?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom