Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Astral Rag

Arcane
Cool minecraft building!

:troll:
120px-U_Wot_M8_Feels.png

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Makes me think of the Astral Plane, a.k.a. Astral Rag's workplace.

Just look at it, doesn't that image just shout "silvery and weightless" at you?

I'm coming to rek dis scrub Gwyn.
mWZL4fD.jpg

WYwMEzT.jpg

M1KWXNf.jpg

rpvByEI.jpg

AND THEN HE GOT REKT 1V1 BUT I HAD TO USE FIRE CUZ FIRE IS BETTER DAMAGE WHEN FIGHTING FIRE BOSS
6Q7ifPL.jpg

jrimtyV.jpg

1wCtkzS.jpg

1jLxkQV.jpg

IocrWBE.jpg

4R6cAjt.jpg

NUAe30b.jpg

yT0kfwv.jpg

NG+ ASS-YLUM DEMON IS NO MATCH FOR MY TRANNY BOOTY
27KYPAx.jpg

spekkio

Arcane
Front Mission 4

spekkio said:
Thanks for help, lightbane-kun. I'm already past the mission you have to complete to get access to the Minotaur arm.
lq8yHZD.jpg

Not sure how this happened... :oops:

k6LLAAU.jpg

;)

MCCh2vg.jpg

:bro:

LMTV5q2.jpg

:hmmm:

OzV214u.jpg

:bunkertime:

1/2 hour later:

lightbane said:
the worst part was that battle animations could not be skipped
The fuck are you talking about?

giphy.gif

Anyway... :oops:

gmsmbUe.jpg

adolf_hitler.jpg

GQatCHH.jpg

U7ndCxq.jpg

stalin_mausoleum_tribune.jpg

0Ocw140.jpg

:kwafuckyeah:

YEaX6iH.jpg

BoKh6wu.jpg

MdjRL7F.jpg

rX9ZqZt.jpg

giphy.gif

Damn, too bad it's almost over...

yVO0ydz.jpg

:cry:

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
But at the end of the day, it's not Blood, is it? ;)

Those are diffrent kind of beasts. One is an old fps on Build engine with gore, horror climate and many (pop) cultural references made by a fresh developer where there was a bigger group of people. Hotline is mostly 2 persons work, and it's scope is smaller, not to mention the top down perspective like in GTA or Dreamweb. Violence in both titles is on a high level, although in HM it can be more "personal" due to the melee execution and combat. The trial and error gameplay really works. You have to "learn" each map to finally beat the level. Sometimes, when you don't see enemy you can improvise and kill him on spot if you are quick enoguh. But usually you have 90% chance of dying. Because if you aren't meta gaming you will gonna die a lot. That's the part of the game. The melee/throwing mechanics are simple but they are really helpful when dealing with a bigger group and you need to stay in "stealth" mode. The guns are good when you have your back clear, but you must always have a quick reflexes and aim carefully due to the ammo levels. Maybe that's why I've prefered shotguns, which can kill in one shot unlike the rifles who are depleting too fast.

TL,DR. HM is about good gameplay. The graphics with those vibrant colours, the retro-synth music are good frames where it can be executed. That's how should indie game have been done. You can have smaller scope and still make a memorable title. How many new games gives you the feeling of satisfaction after you finally see the ending credits ? HM managed to do it, just like in the good ol days.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Beautiful. Alice and how?

Alice is still very beautiful :oops: , I don't use the HD mod.
I just installed the game (installs and runs fine on W7x64) and played around with Nvidia CP.
Then I set the in-game options to my liking.
Because id Tech 3 ( :love: ) doesn't support non 4:3 resolution out of the box I edited config.cfg, don't forget to make this file read only.
I use "ui_hud 0" / "ui_hud 1" console commands to toggle the UI, I also increased the FoV to 106.27.

Last edited:

zwanzig_zwoelf

Huge screenshot pack incoming.

Shin Megami Tensei
flYBK5Q.png

NH3JOI2.png

jNrIZ7n.png

xuvjd0F.png

jYV3rbF.png

kz1faRy.png

r3KTxnp.png

More touching than modern crap.

Majin Tensei
SiyxvsJ.png

7276PyJ.png

ZM6W3j8.png

G5iGFQd.png

:negative:

Lunar: SS
Ke1yrLh.png

EOTB
45oMZZp.png

RSTdZeB.png

OkAurri.png

Shin Megami Tensei (Mega CD)
TPxKi4f.png

w6JFbuA.png

gEqfEVW.png

YOjcj03.png

3VqGtuo.png

ras6KXj.png

DKuTQXp.png

gdCRn5V.png

TGzcCH2.png

8o7ApjM.png

BqEAZve.png

uPEAop6.png

wWxzokR.png

Megami Tensei
Uf1Yv0o.png

E3Hmjan.png

:negative:
qS0FJ3Z.png

:rage:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom