Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

>blaine brofists this

Last edited:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
You guys might say what you want, but SC will be big, very big. With the FPS part of call of duty and draught of current space sims, Chris has tapped into uncharted territory right there as you can see from all the pledge money.
In Origin and SA Chris was constrained and he had to deliver a game by timetable to his employers. Now Chris is the employer and he can realise his dream,,, to make the boldest and biggest space opera ever or to never release it and keep hoarding on the shekels.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Save me Chris Roberts, you're my only hope.

Think of Chris as of successful Cleve, he will bring the game when it's done, it's his space magnum opus, his crowning achievement, the wall of his cave space ship.

Elite dangerous is only there to fill in the wait time for SC.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
If you can count 5-10mln sales is enough money to buy RPGcodex site, 1000 prostitutes, fill codex with those prostitutes and pay them huge sallary for rest of their lifes to post here and still have enough cash to do anything you want for rest of your life. Count then possible F2P mechanics for their persistant universe and community of wales (which is proven at this point) and Chris probably soon will have enough money to buy himself a nation in africa and became king tasting every virgin in country to end of his life.
The price of a prostitute varies. Good ones are $700 per hour, your average is about $300. With the street girl being anything less than that. Just assuming an average price of $100 per hour (benefits of long-term contract and decent girls, and ignoring the stated "huge salary for rest of their lives") then 1,000 prostitutes will cost $100,000 per hour. Assuming the full $10M, you will only be able to afford the girls for about 100 hours, or roughly 4 and a bit days.

Even if you paid them the average US wage of roughly $30,000 per annum, then you couldn't even afford to keep them around for much longer than 120 days, or roughly 24 working weeks.

tl;dr: $10M isn't that much.

And going by the multi-hundred million dollar budgets of big open world games these days... Especially an MMO, then yes, there's every chance they can completely fuck this up.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
The price of a prostitute varies. Good ones are $700 per hour, your average is about $300. With the street girl being anything less than that. Just assuming an average price of $100 per hour (benefits of long-term contract and decent girls, and ignoring the stated "huge salary for rest of their lives") then 1,000 prostitutes will cost $100,000 per hour. Assuming the full $10M, you will only be able to afford the girls for about 100 hours, or roughly 4 and a bit days.

Even if you paid them the average US wage of roughly $30,000 per annum, then you couldn't even afford to keep them around for much longer than 120 days, or roughly 24 working weeks.

And going by the multi-hundred million dollar budgets of big open world games these days... Especially an MMO, then yes, there's every chance they can completely fuck this up.

Hyperbowl. But it was still very informative DU.

And what's with the commas in your numbers?

1000 prostitutes will cost $100 000 per hour.

Perkel

Arcane

Who said US ones ? Why would anyone want to fuck ugly prostitutes ?

Easter Europen prostitututes

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Easter Europen prostitututes

article-2126130-127DFF77000005DC-925_634x625.jpg

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I just posted the rest of my pledge ships for sale (every last one of them, about $1,975 worth; I'm not marking them up, just want to cash out) on Reddit, and have received 20+ replies within 5 minutes.

God damn.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I just posted the rest of my pledge ships for sale (every last one of them, about $1,975 worth; I'm not marking them up, just want to cash out) on Reddit, and have received 20+ replies within 5 minutes.

God damn.
Since you are going to be a rich person soon, will you buy me a RPG Maker VX Ace on Steam for 60-70 dollars? As a gift. I really want it please. :negative:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Sold six of them and reached just below my $1,000 RSI ship gifting daily limit. I'll be selling the other four tomorrow.

Since you are going to be a rich person soon, will you buy me a RPG Maker VX Ace on Steam for 60-70 dollars? As a gift. I really want it please. :negative:

I'm just getting my money back on these, which is why I got so many responses so quickly. They're used to huge markups. I only made a profit (though quite a big one) on the Idris and Scythe.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom