Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SC2 HOtS.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
I'm not even going to bother. Killing everything with Marines was tedious enough in the WoL campaign, not really looking forward to the same thing with Zerglings or Roaches.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
They patched it already. So next time you'd go online, it would block your HotS game.

They patched it already. So next time you'd go online, it would block your HotS game.

The fact that it's on your computer is interesting though. It's an open question whether that means cracking it is legal (to be more specific, it is legal until a court finds otherwise). And cracking it will obviously be mega easy.

N A R U D

D U R A N

SO SMART

TRULY BLIZZARD IS MASTER OF EPIC LITERATURE.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I liked WoL campaign better than HotS. People say it was gimmicky, and it's true but as it turns out I prefer gimmicky too sameyness, which is what the hots campaign is. Every mission in this was basically, build some scrappy troops occassionally to meatshield, solo everything with kerrigan thanks to psiblast and baneling spawn. At least in WoL I got to play around with each unit and do some cool siege missions and stuff. I also found that the cash spending / tech tree metagame was more interesting than picking powers for kerrigan and the troops, and picking what upgrade path to get.

Story is equally shit in both.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Well they updated patch for US server before EU. Thus client kept restarting.

kris

Arcane
Interesting that nobody has mentioned that most of the missions in this game are timed. Often the timer is obscured, but I think the very last mission was the only one where I was actually able to have a minute to sit back and actively decide a plan of attack instead of being forced to constantly respond to events. For that reason, I liked it the best.

Major complaints:
-Units become useless at the point you can pick their major upgrade, making the choice of said upgrade about as meaningful as killing Tosh.
-No air units, not even drop ships. (Yeah you can build mutas, but aside from a mission or two they are the wrong choice.)
-Hero spells too powerful/low cooldown. Leads to babysitting them for output and makes regular units ineffective.

This all goes down to making the only liable tactic being.... Making that stack of doom and see all enemies melt away at their combined firepower. I had some problems with some early mission, but now that I have the double drones I can quickly get up a doom-stack and run over everything.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Interesting that nobody has mentioned that most of the missions in this game are timed. Often the timer is obscured, but I think the very last mission was the only one where I was actually able to have a minute to sit back and actively decide a plan of attack instead of being forced to constantly respond to events. For that reason, I liked it the best.

Major complaints:
-Units become useless at the point you can pick their major upgrade, making the choice of said upgrade about as meaningful as killing Tosh.
-No air units, not even drop ships. (Yeah you can build mutas, but aside from a mission or two they are the wrong choice.)
-Hero spells too powerful/low cooldown. Leads to babysitting them for output and makes regular units ineffective.

This all goes down to making the only liable tactic being.... Making that stack of doom and see all enemies melt away at their combined firepower. I had some problems with some early mission, but now that I have the double drones I can quickly get up a doom-stack and run over everything.

See raw, units in SC2 clump so hard, that this man here has taken to calling them "stacks" as if he's playing a Paradox game. :lol:

Psquit

Arcane

Major complaints:

See raw, units in SC2 clump so hard, that this man here has taken to calling them "stacks" as if he's playing a Paradox game. :lol:

fucking widow mines, they are soo cheap... fucking auto attack air and land... how da fuck my mutas are going to attack their scvs...

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
So we have established that the story is shit,but I am looking for an early Kodex Kritical Koncesus on the actual gameplay.
Is it any good,are the new units balanced and interesting,is it worth not removing from the inventory or is it a waste of bandwidth?

Black

Arcane
If you can't marine_medic through every mission like in WoL then it's shit.

Psquit

Arcane
I have made myself a rule long time ago to never buy games from major companies unless i am planning to play them online.
I recommend this rule to everyone on codex unless they really want to support the:decline:.

well, i play these games online but sometimes i just wish blizzard fix the fucking balance of their games...

I have made myself a rule long time ago to never buy games from major companies unless i am planning to play them online.
I recommend this rule to everyone on codex unless they really want to support the:decline:.

People are still buying computer games otherwise? What's the point in wasting jewgold like that when games are free?

There are children in Africa that would kill for some gold box games, you know.

Horus

Arcane
Istanbul-Constantinople-Byzantium-Piece of land.
People are still buying computer games otherwise? What's the point in wasting jewgold like that when games are free?

There are children in Africa that would kill for some gold box games, you know.
Smaller companies are the ones that are affected by pirates(yes they are real) and they are forced to adapt to big spender popamole crowd(unlike us they really don't care how much they spend on their games) or go bankrupt.
Hence why i said major companies;).

Cowboy Moment

Arcane

well, i play these games online but sometimes i just wish blizzard fix the fucking balance of their games...

What's wrong, patchzerg, cannot into winning now that Fungal isn't instant? :smug:

kris

Arcane
After having played through the campaign. At least I did like the tribute to return of the Jedi there in the end, even if the rest of the story was mostly laughable.

Psquit

Arcane

What's wrong, patchzerg, cannot into winning now that Fungal isn't instant? :smug:

fuck that, terrans just spam their popamole mines...

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014

fuck that, terrans just spam their popamole mines...
because its so hard to spawn an observer from an overlord and have it follow the army.
banelings and mass muta into ultralisks is very strong.
mutalisks are fucking retarded good in the hands of someone who isn't too wasteful of them.
swarmhosts are fucking gay as shit if the zerg can get 6+ and park them outside your natural.

they should remove the boosters from terran medivacs. that's the most OP thing about terran at the moment. I fucking suck at multitasking so they're not very good for me, but theoretically they are the most OP thing in the game at the moment.

for protoss, the nexus cannon is fucking bullshit versus any early aggression. FE should be standard for protoss because of it.
high templars are just as OP as they have always been (as are ghosts, colossus and infestors -- any AOE except siege tanks)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom