Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SC2 HOtS.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
It's a curious thing, that the SC2 pro scene has so many trannies.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Hm, this happened two times (while I was watching). First, Hendralisk did an all-in vs taeja and managed to kill 25 SCVs with a couple banes. This left both of them with three bases, tho hendralisk obviously ahead. Taeja attacked him with a 8-10 marines and a couple of medivacs, and used his vastly superior micro to trade extremely efficiently. Hendralisk sent his army like a small trickle, and his 1 by 1 blings were easily focused. He also completely forgot, for some reason, to upgrade, so by the end taeja had 3-3 vs hendralisks 1-1

The second and third times were drunkenboi vs tilea or soemthing, a tranny from NZ. drunkenboi harassed her like crazy but never managed to do anything beyond that. He was also notorious for letting his siege tanks tank, something which of course you should never do.

At this point in game losing even 25 workers isnt automatic game over. I thought it was more like losing all workers when you are on one or two bases.

American players seem to play VERY conservatively from what I saw. One game after a very good harass one of players had 30 supply advantage when it was hovering around 60 and 90 respectively yet he waited until maxing for his attack and lost promptly - because his opponent too has maxed after recovering.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Idra does not disappoint. Although it was funnier when he did this back when he actually gave a shit, on a live stage.

pan

Learned
Just looked up what you are referring to... and I have to say... Daybreak is shit!

That map made me quit zerg. You're strongly limited as zerg to concentrated attacks on that base near the xel naga tower. The Terran can just park it's main army + some PFs there to hold you off indefinitely, while they drop all over the place.

Idra's bm is overrated. Entertaining enough, sure, but overrated. He will type something tame like "carriers are a good skill toi have," and suddenly all of the 'boons on TL are quoting him, as if it's some hilarious meme. Although, a thing with TL in general is that the 'humour' it spawns is forced, it's inhabitants fags.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Just looked up what you are referring to... and I have to say... Daybreak is shit!

That map made me quit zerg. You're strongly limited as zerg to concentrated attacks on that base near the xel naga tower. The Terran can just park it's main army + some PFs there to hold you off indefinitely, while they drop all over the place.

Idra's bm is overrated. Entertaining enough, sure, but overrated. He will type something tame like "carriers are a good skill toi have," and suddenly all of the 'boons on TL are quoting him, as if it's some hilarious meme. Although, a thing with TL in general is that the 'humour' it spawns is forced, it's inhabitants fags.

Funnily enough, that's exactly how I feel about PvZ on Daybreak as well. Same for Newkirk Precinct.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Idra does not disappoint. Although it was funnier when he did this back when he actually gave a shit, on a live stage.

http://evilgeniuses.gg/evil-geniuses-releases-greg-idra-fields/

s9xl2Kb.jpg

:lol:

pan

Learned
Idra is a tragic figure. He went to school with ghetto black kids; bussed in from white suburbia because his school needed a few token white kids for diversity requirements, he being an unfortunate pawn in their petty politics. He grew up isolated from his peers, who he couldn't relate to, taking up StarCraft for lack of engagement elsewhere in his life. He was selected to go to Korea to attempt to play professionally, a move which his father was angered over. In Korea he was picked on by his white peer, Artosis, and ignored by all of the Koreans. He spent most of his days practising StarCraft by himself in futility, periodically humiliated by Artosis on Artosis' vlogs.

Idra's dignity during that time was non-existent. It was then that Idra developed his reputation as a bad mannered player. Encouraged by Artosis and likely seeking some way to salvage his image, which was that of an impotent dork, he began hard talking his way to fame amongst a small group of manboons on TL. Then SC2 came out and suddenly he had a chance to become relevant. But, he found himself mediocre at SC2, despite the low level of initial competition, so he instead embraced his disreputable bad mannered attitude, becoming a mediocre player but an above average troll. Now he has been fired. Perhaps this will be a boon for him, as it will increase his infamy and, thus, his value as a crowd gatherer.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Wait this is recent. Wow, group named EG, should show some tolerance.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Idra can be a prick but unfortunately he is right. People pay more attention to such shenanigans than real skill displays.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Well considering majority of players are sociopaths, a normal sociable people are going to pub, playing tennis with their girlfriends and raping them in group after the fact. So complaining about how players are talking is bit absurd. Computer games are not natural group sports, the behavior is different. One difference is a lack of formalities is not considered offensive, or rude. Other is talking a shit is completely normal. When they would talk shit during playing, they would lose, thus they are talking shit on forums.

Black

Arcane
Wow, even the prestigious p4rgaming :obviously: has a news on this
http://www.p4rgaming.com/idra-now-free-to-insult-people-in-real-life-instead-of-in-starcraft-2/
Idra is a tragic figure. He went to school with ghetto black kids; bussed in from white suburbia because his school needed a few token white kids for diversity requirements, he being an unfortunate pawn in their petty politics. He grew up isolated from his peers, who he couldn't relate to, taking up StarCraft for lack of engagement elsewhere in his life. He was selected to go to Korea to attempt to play professionally, a move which his father was angered over. In Korea he was picked on by his white peer, Artosis, and ignored by all of the Koreans. He spent most of his days practising StarCraft by himself in futility, periodically humiliated by Artosis on Artosis' vlogs.

Idra's dignity during that time was non-existent. It was then that Idra developed his reputation as a bad mannered player. Encouraged by Artosis and likely seeking some way to salvage his image, which was that of an impotent dork, he began hard talking his way to fame amongst a small group of manboons on TL. Then SC2 came out and suddenly he had a chance to become relevant. But, he found himself mediocre at SC2, despite the low level of initial competition, so he instead embraced his disreputable bad mannered attitude, becoming a mediocre player but an above average troll. Now he has been fired. Perhaps this will be a boon for him, as it will increase his infamy and, thus, his value as a crowd gatherer.
Wonder who'll play him in the movie.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
BTW I remember how sly fox Lu Xun made a penis from walls in multiplayer, and player from opposing team tried to erase it with an engineer, who was promptly shot by player from Lu Xun team, who was shortly after shot by artillery and point defenses. Remnants of the penis remained until the end of the game.

Compared to the above IdrA behavior is nothing.

(Imagine 4vs4 in SC2 tourney, where players from one team say "form the penis formation", followed by players from opposing team "go for the balls, don't form vagina".)

Kraszu

Prophet
Well considering majority of players are sociopaths, a normal sociable people are going to pub, playing tennis with their girlfriends and raping them in group after the fact. So complaining about how players are talking is bit absurd. Computer games are not natural group sports, the behavior is different. One difference is a lack of formalities is not considered offensive, or rude. Other is talking a shit is completely normal. When they would talk shit during playing, they would lose, thus they are talking shit on forums.

Actually most sociopaths are nice social people, you must behave in such a way to gain power.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
BTW I remember how sly fox Lu Xun made a penis from walls in multiplayer, and player from opposing team tried to erase it with an engineer, who was promptly shot by player from Lu Xun team, who was shortly after shot by artillery and point defenses. Remnants of the penis remained until the end of the game.

Compared to the above IdrA behavior is nothing.

(Imagine 4vs4 in SC2 tourney, where players from one team say "form the penis formation", followed by players from opposing team "go for the balls, don't form vagina".)

That's just trolling though. You have all sorts of bm in high profile SC2 tournaments, manner Mules/Hatches/Nexi, dancing units, post and pre game ceremonies (including FBH stripping down to his boxers and running into the sea), and everything's fine, even though a bunch of manginas will cry about it on TL. What was special about Idra, is that it wasn't just a show for him, he actually meant it when he called people names while raging on the ladder. He was so mean-spirited and simulatenously butthurt about it that people watch his stream just to see him rage.

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
Has anyone noticed this: i am playing unranked at the moment but am facing master players (ranked) while i was only platinum in WOL. I beat a high diamond before so i got matched versus master players (and lost 3 in a row, 1 stomp), i am getting the feeling that the new players made wol players increase one league?

thoughts?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom