Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Saints Row the Fourth

DeepOcean

Arcane
Finaly got to play and at the moment, I'm kinda disapointed and at same time not. Things I noticed:
Saint Row 3 had three different gangs with special enemy types, without mentioning STAG and the police, Saint Row IV only have the aliens.
I really liked side activities in Saint 3 like trafficking and pimping because they involved alot of shooting with level 5 alert through out the city and were hard as fuck and fun. I don't like most activities in Saint IV because they are for the most part a variable of Tank Mayhem, running or simplistic jumping puzzles.
The jokes are alot better and I laughed alot, something that didn't happened in Saint 3. That CoD parody at the beginning is very funny.

Those jumping platform, running and tank mayhem activities get old very fast.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Not surprising since 4 was originally going to be an expac for 3.

bert

Arcane

Oh god, really?

Just played a bit of Shit blows 4. Glad I didn't waste money on it :roll:

Not sure why they went full on derp with this one with aliens and all. They should've just had the Saints be president now, and this time they go up against the Illuminati. The Illuminati are foreshadowed by the three different opposing factions: The remnants of the US Government who have taken refuge in Central US, international crime syndicates who have been funded by the Illuminati to wreck havoc in the West Coast, and for the East Coast I'm not too sure, but probably the Mafia or Russia or some shit. The metropolitan areas of the west coast would be walled off and run-down ala EFNY/EFLA for a change in scenery and environment.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
B2076B05057C07AC455D48207747F286D1059DF6

DeepOcean

Arcane

Oh god, really?

Just played a bit of Shit blows 4. Glad I didn't waste money on it :roll:

Not sure why they went full on derp with this one with aliens and all. They should've just had the Saints be president now, and this time they go up against the Illuminati. The Illuminati are foreshadowed by the three different opposing factions: The remnants of the US Government who have taken refuge in Central US, international crime syndicates who have been funded by the Illuminati to wreck havoc in the West Coast, and for the East Coast I'm not too sure, but probably the Mafia or Russia or some shit. The metropolitan areas of the west coast would be walled off and run-down ala EFNY/EFLA for a change in scenery and environment.
Yep, you can see they recycled ALOT of stuff. The city is the same and irrelevant now because you spend most of your time seeing it from afar gliding to get faster to the boring activities (the only thing I wanted was alot of targets to try the super powers and guns but they decided it was a good idea to make three versions of tank mayhem, two versions of racing and two activites that involve simplistic jumping puzzles, all required to unlock powers in sidequests.The only activity is a real pleasure is the fraud one, ragdolling through out the city and getting crazy combos never gets old. Sincerily, fighting aliens isn't as fun as fighting the gangs in Saint 3, I will just ignore all the shitty side activities and concentrate only on the primary missions now, what is a pity because I think the writing is better this time.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Game is pretty much just an moderately improved 3 so far, except for the writing. 3 was just stupid for stupid's sake. IV has a lot of commentary with its stupidity. It might still be stupid shit, but there's a point to it sometimes, and unlike 3 it actually makes me laugh sometimes.

please link for character download :3

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Wouldn't you rather get a real man instead?

TmErusS.jpg

Also, Menck how the hell did you get her to pose like that?

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
That's so sexist and unfair. Fortunately a sex change costs only 500 moolah!

MaskedMan

very cool
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So they release an Obama DLC, and at the same time HALF MY GUNS GO MISSING! Including my 'MERICA!! This will not stand!!
alexjones_animated_3.gif

DeepOcean

Arcane
Ah, gave up already, there is no new content to justify the purchase and at some point they decided to do a retrospective of Saint Row 1 and 2 and attempt some emotional engaging and nostalgia with characters as shallow as in a kids cartoon. I didn't cared that much about any of the characters of Saint Row universe to the point of really finding the story restrospective interesting and I don't fuck care about Saint 1 and I already played Saint 2. They spend a good chunk of the game with characters remembering the past and not doing new things in the simulation. The activities could had save it but they are boring for the most part as there is zero challenge in them unless you like asperging about gold medals. Who would had thought that a DLC turned into a sequel would be in reality just a sequel full of filler? I really liked Saint 2 and 3 but to anyone who played the two, there is no point in paying 60 kwazanian dollars on this.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
At least he tried, maybe you should give bert a pityfist for that.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Why are you butthurt bert? Is it because you have an anime avatar? Do you have self-esteem issues? Is that why you're writing your user name with a lower case letter "b"? Do you long for approval? Should we brofist your posts to give you the acceptance that your father never gave to you?

Would you like that, Bert?

Caim

Arcane
Since the update for the Obama DLC my inventory's glitched. I can't use a good chunk of my special weapons, the alien shotgun is gone and for some reason I have three of the same assault rifle, two light SMGs and a .50 cal mounted gun in my Gateway inventory.

Thanks, Obama!

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Why are you butthurt bert? Is it because you have an anime avatar? Do you have self-esteem issues? Is that why you're writing your user name with a lower case letter "b"? Do you long for approval? Should we brofist your posts to give you the acceptance that your father never gave to you?

Would you like that, Bert?
:lol:

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Since the update for the Obama DLC my inventory's glitched. I can't use a good chunk of my special weapons, the alien shotgun is gone and for some reason I have three of the same assault rifle, two light SMGs and a .50 cal mounted gun in my Gateway inventory.

Thanks, Obama!
I lost the dub step gun, liberal policies are clearly at fault here. 2nd amendment, bitch!

Caim

Arcane

Everyone with a corrputed file might want to do this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom